LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » getting sick again, and again. Anything help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: getting sick again, and again. Anything help?
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son started kindergarten this year and I was aware he would be exposed to all kinds of bugs he wasn't exposed to before.

I have been sick every time he has and it has been like two months of getting sick back to back. It feels like I have a worse baseline of health after each bug.

Am I just open to catching everything because of lyme? Before I took abx I never caught anything [Frown] .

Any supplements that will help?? I am soo tired of this, I can't get anything done anymore.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gigimac,
It must be so hard to be getting sick nonstop and to be caring for your little guy at the same time. I don't know if this will help, but it is probably worth reading.

http://www.treatlyme.net/treat-lyme-book/kills-viruses-a-brief-guide

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitamin C is excellent for warding off infection. Google vitamin c and infection + immune support. Hope things improve for you.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was getting the flu quite often until I gave up sugar this year and that seemed to stop them. Sugar ties up the WBCs, and ours are compromised to begin with.

So don't know if you include sugar or not in your diet. If you do, you could try that experiment.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
project
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for project     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found this stuff to be pretty effective at warding off colds/flu. I just take it several times a day if I feel like I'm getting sick and find that it works. I only take it when I feel sickish though.

https://www.herb-pharm.com/products/product-detail/immune-defense

Posts: 131 | From CO | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could have written this post and I'm still searching for a solution. I do take vitamins C and D.

Have you had your IGG levels checked?

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone. I will look through my labs. It seems like my doc may have tested immunoglobulin. Is that the same as igg?
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IgG is one of the immunoglobulins.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Total IGG. Perhaps IGG subclasses.

The "G.A.M.E" panel would include totals for:
IGG
IGA
IGM
IGE

Immunoglobulins/antibodies - if you are low - IGG, IGA, IGM - could explain infections.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Hi, susan K, sorry I'm just responding I checked into my immunoglobulins a,g,&m and all were within range.

Is this what you were referring to?

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certain strains of probiotics support T-Cells. And it is thought that 70% of the immune system is in the gut (including the mouth/throat also).

Supporting the gut microbiome would seem to be a good approach if Vitamin C & D supplements aren't enough. Might also consider Vitamin A, for respiratory & immune system support.

Additionally, my family has used Oscillococcinum (1 capful 1x/week) to prevent flu, very successfully.

I personally use Thieves essential oil blend on my throat topically every time I leave the house (mostly, I go to my doctor's office for weekly blood draws). The one time I forgot to put the essential oil blend on, I got sick with a 24-hour gut bug.

Avoiding sugar is also a good suggestion. And make sure to avoid dehydration, as the cells need sufficient water to operate to their optimum (including immune cells).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Razzle, i just started c and d. Don't know why I stopped taking them!

I have some thieves oil from local health store but it says on the bottle to avoid getting on skin.
where can i buy some that is safe to ingest?

Thanks for all the info.! Does Oscillococcinum cause any herxing?

gigimac
Member # 33353

I got my vita d levels checked a few months ago and my level was 45 and reference range 30-100.

My dr. said this was a really good level for a lyme patient, but i think it seems a little on the low end?

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I lived in South Korea, the air was polluted. Everyone was catching all sorts of colds, about 2x a month.

We suffered a lot the first year. The second year, I decided to take again vit D3, daily, except in summer. The number of colds dropped considerably (down to 1 every 2 months), like usual...

Since then, we all took vit D3 regularly, and I do think it helps avoiding colds.

We stopped taking it after many years, when we finally started using the violet ray this February. If I had no violet Ray, I would take again Vit D3!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigimac,

I just sent you a PM.

Also, I don't usually get any herxing from the Oscillococcinum - in fact, it often helps me feel a little better for a while.

45 on the Vitamin D test is usually seen as still too low for optimum immune function. Most Functional Medicine doctors (doctors who prefer to use nutritional or other alternative solutions vs. medications) suggest that a Vitamin D level of 70-80 is better.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Thanks u guys. How much vita d should I take a day?
Razzle
Member # 30398

I was told by 2 Endocrinologists that the body uses 4-6000 units of Vitamin D every day, so theoretically, to increase current Vitamin D levels, one would require a higher daily dose.

--------------------
-Razzle

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This product looks interesting - maybe I'll try it sometime --

http://www.pureencapsulations.com/aller-essentials-99208.html

anyone tried it yet?

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement