LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Been away for a while

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Been away for a while
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back needing advice

The lower back pain and the pulsing vibrations are back, accompanied by much weakness, lethargy and difficulty walking

i notice those migrating pains, my limbs can feel numb from time to time, not sleeping that well, and sweats, but not bad like when they were drenching

i feel out of breath, and of course i'm depressed

i'm just waiting for the day when i can't get out of bed or out of my chair

i did take anti parasitics meds after a recent trip to Cuba, (i really wasn't feeling that well when i left the US) - amoeba histolyca was diagnosed when i got back but i think my stomach/gi system are back to normal, actually better than normal, and i was tested again and the results were negative

i know i have herniated discs but i really don't think i can take much more of this hesitancy walking and fatigue and feeling like i'm not going to be able to put one foot in front of the other

i was on BP med but stopped because i had this idea that like the cholesterol drugs i stopped this one was causing more back pain - i can't take statins - the pain is even worse

so the only thing i'm taking is probiotics

i had an appt with a neurologist but after making me wait an hour and a half, i walked out of his office

what do you think?

dan

Posts: 277 | From NY | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this. Did you check out Bart and Brucella? Brucella is classic for affecting lower Back L5/S1 in particular.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SacredHeart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacredHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dan. I just started coming back on here too. No real progress. Most of the burning sensations are gone now, but I'm still in a lot of pain.

I believe we had s similar set of problems.

--------------------
Lyme flare June, July, August of 2013. Diagnosed September 2014 Lyme, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Mono

Posts: 595 | From Texas Crossroads | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you thought about medical marijuana? Legal here in CT, I've been getting about a 50% reduction in pain taking CBD oil capsules. I also have THC vapes, but I don't like the marijuana high. Ain't cheap.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the suggestion

Rushing to infectious disease guy for a checkup bec had awful night
He didn't check for Brucella not realizing I have been in Middle East - not recent but one been sick for years

Also checking for parasites again

And I'm going to look into med Mary Jane

Posts: 277 | From NY | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DanP:
Thank you for the suggestion

Rushing to infectious disease guy for a checkup bec had awful night
He didn't check for Brucella not realizing I have been in Middle East - not recent but one been sick for years

Also checking for parasites again

And I'm going to look into med Mary Jane

Myself, I've been aggressively treating for Lyme for over 7 years. Never treated for Bartonella until last year, cuz we weren't sure I had it. Now it's clear I've had it all along, and failure to treat Bart has resulted in many symptoms worsening over the years. Now on heavy-duty Bart protocol - Rifampin 1200mg/day and ceftin, and tinadazole.

Bart lesions were striking: long linear streaks which oozed blood like a knife wound. Also painful soles of feet.

I don't know much about brucella. Is it similar to Bart?

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

interesting - the tropical disease guy I see in NYC is nearing the end of this career...he says when he started there were 30 md's in nyc doing what he does, which is take a sample of stool from you in his office and culture it and give you the results the next day!

He says that GI md's make more money on colonoscopies but the prob with that is the stuff they give you to drink flushes out the amoebae so their tests usually come back negative even when the patient is positive

so glad I found this guy but what am I going to do when he's retired?

and this isn't good news for sick people who have amoebae and have their regular GI guys test when they do a colonoscopy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement