LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Another option

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another option
allloginamesdontwork
Member # 47457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allloginamesdontwork   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://drlwilson.com/Articles/LYME.HTM
Posts: 11 | From Bellflower california | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**moving to medical**

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, if this web page is to be believed, the author of the page is comparing Lyme spirochetes to the parasite that causes Malaria. And the author is also saying that most people who get Lyme have the Bull's Eye rash.

These two things strongly suggest to me that the author has no clue about Lyme and is just getting lucky with his/her patients who seem to improve on their supposedly miraculous nutritional balancing program.

I tried the nutrition approach, but just continued to decline in health. I tried all kinds of stuff to "support my health" prior to proper Lyme diagnosis, and very few things helped much.

I've seen the most benefit from Homeopathy and antibiotics.

Personally, I think nutrition is very important. But it is only one small piece of the whole puzzle of Lyme/associated infections.

Nutrition alone cannot kill the bugs causing the problems. It can help reduce symptoms, but cannot kill the bugs causing those symptoms.

Yes, nutrition is needed to support the immune system. But Lyme is smart and has developed many ways to fool even the strongest immune system.

In my opinion, if nutrition was all it took to be healed from Lyme, then there would be far fewer cases of chronic Lyme.

Just my $.02

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allloginamesdontwork
Member # 47457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allloginamesdontwork   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you read more of dr wilson's articles you will see that, yes there is a hec of allot more than just nutrition needed to beat lyme.

Also (opinion) antibiotics are nothing than pure poison that kills the good with the bad and does so many times in such an extreme manner that it could be compared to trying to recover a beaten up immune system after fighting cancer with chemo.

I've seen and heard many times what long courses of antibiotics do to people. It's ugly!

Antibiotics can take you backwards many years leaving you wishing that you never started them.

One of the most important things in battling this disease is a strong immune system.

With antibiotics, you positively lose that as your immune system turns to nothing, not to mention your gut.

So now on top of lyme, you can start to fight your leaky gut, yeast infections, candida, etc. Their are much better ways to fight lyme without antibiotics.

Most of lyme and the co infections have become resistant to antibiotics. This does not happen with herbs, etc. I've been in this game for about 36 years.

You say you've tried to fight lyme with nutrition? That's a very broad statement. Doesn't mean allot. What nutrition? Nutrition could be eating in hundreds of different ways

I suggest you keep striving for more truth. Not that I have all the answers either, for sure.

Posts: 11 | From Bellflower california | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends on who we are. Maybe for you, antibiotics would not work.

But I successfully treated Lyme for 5 years with clindamycin - took the pain straight down to zero within a week and stayed that way. 5 years it didn't work anymore and I take turmeric now.

Many have done the antibiotics pulsing, to catch them when they're coming out again, and this has worked for many. It's in the Burrascano guidelines listed at the top of Medical.

Some people have turned around a long-standing Lyme case with IV rocephin, a form of penicillin.

Lyme is a different animal than most illnesses we deal with. It is complex, and quite varied in the way we treat.

What you want to be doing is finding out what's going to work for you.

I mentioned in your other thread, a three-prong approach: kill/deter the bugs, detox, and fortify the body. That last one can go a long way towards fighting off Lyme, be it oxygen or stem cell therapy, etc.

Nutrition can be a part of treatment, but I have never of it stopping Lyme disease by itself. There is a good book on nutrition, "The Lyme Diet Book."

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also for the opinion, after reading this site for so many years, that many people DO NOT GET WELL with ABX only.

ABX is just a tiny little part of healing for TODAY'S bites. Specially if you live in endemic area and still get bitten, on and on.

There is no way to live eternally on ABX and even if some opt to do so, many cannot be still NOT symptom free. Wait until next bite, or a relapse, and that's starting from zero again.

While I do not doubt that lucky ones that got just one bite ever, can be healed with abx, people like me, that get constantly bitten cannot rely on abx FOREVER.

The approach of that doctor, even if he is not precise in describing the disease, is not bad.

I would though combine some killers (I would combine natural killers) and support the body.

Some people will get out much better than the ones that ONLY take ABX. Just see my post on the Paracelsius hospital in Switzerland. They get 200 patients a DAY and 100-150 lyme patients from the US every year.

They use ZERO ABX. They are strictly against it.
You can bet that all American patients tried abx before coming to switzerland, spending loads of money!

ABX is just a temporary solution, if you do not get bitten or reinfected again.

There must be nutrition and detox (sauna is great idea). Avoiding ABX, is in my opinion, one of the best ways to get away from chronic infections.

This is because we are not talking about only tick born pathogens, but a cocktail of viruses, parasites, and CANDIDA.

No one with fighting chronic lyme is free from candida and viruses. All are chronic infections!

What do ABX do for candida and viruses? They do nothing.

What do ABX do for all cell wall deficient critters like chlamydia, mycoplasma, even borrelia can turn into cell wall deficient bacteria?

ABX cannot get any of that. On the opposite, they will get better with ABX! Like lyme cysts.

Of course, if you are dying, you get abx to save yourself. But if you want to get out of chronic lyme and other chronic infections, and avoid falling so sick on your next bite or relapse, doing only killing will take you not very far from where you started.

It's like trading borrelia for many other pathogens, in greater number, because you simply destroy the gut bacteria with ABX.

It's an illusion that taking 2, 3 strains of probiotics will build back your gut flora, that is composed by thousands of strains of critters we have no idea what they are used for.

As we have MORE FOREIGN cells in our bodies than OUR OWN HUMAN CELLS, you bet these critters have biological function.

Anyway, this is my opinion. I was free of lyme only to realize that I was still being eaten up by other critters, slowly, less agressive than borrelia, but certain.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here are some facts.
Antibiotics "cure" some people.
Antibiotics "help" some people.
Antibiotics help for a while than don't work at all
Antibiotics don't do anything for some

same with herbs....
same with diet...
same with ______. Its obvious "one size doesn't fit all."

I say anything is worth a try, but just because it does or doesn't work for you is no guarantee for anyone else.

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
project
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for project     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got Lyme in my early teens and started regularly using the sauna in my mid 20s. It did help a great deal keeping me functional and reducing symptoms but I slowly continued to get sicker. I didn't know I had Lyme at this point so I tried a number of nutritional approaches to try to remedy my failing health.

I tried food elimination diets, SCD diet, Paleo, GAPS, a 6 months raw food diet. None of them was a game changer, although I think the raw food diet along with tons of Zeolite and MSM did reduce my heavy metal toxicity.

Note that the diet Dr Wilson's recommends is pretty much the opposite of the diet used by the Paracelsus institute mentioned in another post: "Yang helps. In addition to the use of heat to kill of the parasites, making the body more yang is another key to success. To do this, the diet is most important, especially avoiding vegetarian diets, raw food diets, and foods such as fruits and all other sugars."

I took a ton of immune boosters and all sorts of mushroom products without any kind of a herx reaction.

The thing I finally tried which created a huge reaction and immediate (but temporary) improvement in symptoms was topically applied essential oils. I had a major herx and detox reaction and after years of trying things that had no effect whatsoever I was just like, wtf was that!

So I just kept using the oils and my immune system woke up in a big way and started fighting on it's own. Week by week I slowly made progress and my symptoms began to disappear. I think killing agents can really be the key to alerting the body to the fact that there is a stealthy invader that has been flying under the radar for far to long.

When I finally got a Lyme test it was positive by CDC standards, something I doubt would have been the case had I tested prior to using essential oils. I decided to not use antibiotics and haven't, as I had found some effective killing agents already.

quote:
In my opinion, if nutrition was all it took to be healed from Lyme, then there would be far fewer cases of chronic Lyme.
I completely agree with this, because many are like me and have tried almost every nutritional intervention and detox method, as these are common frontline strategies in the natural healing world which is still coming around to the idea of stealth infections.
Posts: 131 | From CO | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
project
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for project     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wanted to add that I was raised by hippy parents eating organic food, no candy or sugar allowed whatsoever (much to my dismay at the time).

I did apparently have a fair number of ear and throat infections when I was a baby. Perhaps 200 years ago I might have died from an acute infectious disease when I was a child. In the modern era I survived to adolescence and was infected with Borrelia which my immune system was unable to cope with.

I think it is perhaps naive to think that we are all naturally able to fight infections as this has never been the case throughout human history.

Posts: 131 | From CO | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOGINNAMES... Your first post here was asking for an LLMD. So are you looking for one who does not use antibiotics?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, I am pming with loginnames about doctors -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement