LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Buhner Protocol for Bartonella

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buhner Protocol for Bartonella
kah419
Member # 31572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kah419   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking to see if anyone has treated bartonella successfully using only the Buhner protocol.

I've basically exhausted most of the Rx oral Abx and refuse to to do IV. My LLMD feels the only options left are Levaquin/Cipro (which I've refused) or daily IM gentamicin injections (which I don't want to do either).

I told my LLMD I would like to try the Buhner herbs for bart, and while he is ok with it, he says he doesn't know much about it and that I must also be doing Rx abx along with it.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue Rx abx as I'm having GI problems (SIBO-seems to be under control with Xifaxan from LLMD plus Berberine Complex from my PCP in addition to change in probiotic/diet) and skin problems (pityriasis/tinea versicolor--have upcoming dermatologist apt).

I'm beginning to lean toward a more natural approach after 5 years of treatment (have been with current LLMD for last 1.5 years) and would like to hear what success others have had using Buhner only for bart.

I'm also treating lyme (Rx abx) and babesia (cryptolepis) and am considering the switch to only Buhner for those as well.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 26 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I added Houttunyia to my herbal mix and started itching fierce ..not sure if it working or driving them around ...i have weird skin issues too? Can you describe your versecolor?. Livedo reticulas but these white spots are wiggin me out

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing most of the Bart protocol. I haven't added Houttoynia yet and I might not do the Arginine because I don't know all the viruses I have.

I still have a lot of neuro stuff but one thing it did was shut the sweats off INSTANTLY. I mean within a day and they have not come back.

I stopped the protocol for two weeks to clear out and see what it was doing and the neuro stuff started to kick right back up again. Started to get a few hot flashes right near the end also.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blymey919
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blymey919     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally got rid of my Bartonella and Mycoplasma infections using Buhner's protocol (minus the L-Arginine), in addition to a few other herbs.

Also after several years on different antibiotics for Lyme, I'm doing well on Buhner's Lyme protocol as well. My LLMD (practices functional medicine) has me some additional herbs beyond Buhner's protocol.

Everyone with Lyme and/or coinfections has something that works better or less so for them. Most of Buhner's recommendations have worked for me. Also introducing one herb at a time, building slowly, pulsing and incorporating anti-biofilm agents has made a difference.

Posts: 114 | From California | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm using Buhner herbs for Lyme, Babs and Bart and they work. Since you are having GI problems, maybe your LLMD would let you just do Buhner herbs for a couple of months - because most of Buhner's recommendations are homeopathic which is way easier on the tummy.

Last year I had severe Gastritis. Milk products made it worse so I cushioned herbs and even homeopathics by taking a heaping tsp of yogurt (Dannon Plain Vanilla Flavored) before I took a dose. I couldn't take any Rx at alll - Rx were like pouring battery acid into my stomach.

If you have Gastritis or an ulcer, you can take yogurt which is soothing and helps it heal whereas straight milk or milk products which are not fermented make it worse.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kah419
Member # 31572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kah419   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for responding. I really appreciate it.

Bluelyme -

The versicolor are white spots that look like a loss of pigment and do not tan. It's been diagnosed by my LLMD but not yet confirmed by dermatologist.

I also thought it might be a bart rash since I've read there can be hypo/hyper pigmentation issues but LLMD says it's not.

It started a number of years ago after my lyme and co dx. Just seems to be getting worse as it's all over my chest, shoulders, stomach, back and legs. Not good for spring and summer [Frown]

Tulips -

Thank you for the advice. Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking of discussing at my next LLMD appt - stopping all Rx abx and using only Buhner for 3 months. I believe my body/gut needs a break. And I'm curious to see how it does/does not help me.

Posts: 26 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks kah ,I think it is circulation/vasculitis not necessarily pigmentation...i have it on my arms and its getting worse..might be on sometuing with that bart thing though...keep us updated...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was just added Houttuynia and started itching like a madwoman. No rash though.

I think we've got em goin [Smile]

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement