LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » food sensitivity question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: food sensitivity question
Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaseyyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I was thinking of getting a food sensitivity test done to know right away what I should avoid, from pinnertest. They seem really reliable. I was curious, would taking a good digestive enzyme like enzymedica, or something like Wobenzym that calms inflammation, be enough to stop food sensitivity symptoms, or does the food need to be avoided completely.

I know I still need to follow the candida diet to get rid of it but if one wants to heal leaky gut, do they need to avoid their food sensitivities? Or just general inflammatory foods.. thanks

Posts: 315 | From Allentown | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to avoid food sensitivities while healing the gut. Sometimes they go away once the gut is healed.

if you're getting an immune reaction from a food, it's going to to damage whether you take something for inflammation or not.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testing is not very valid .. unless it is a true IgE allergy. Most food sensitivities are not IgE.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Six and Lymetoo.

A challenge test and a food journal is very reliable for testing sensitivities. It just requires time.

Several doctors I've seen say that's the most reliable method.

Tests miss too much unless it's a true allergy, then it's very helpful.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the Array 10 blood test for IgG and IgA. I never would have figured out cooked carrots, cooked beets, cooked zucchini, plums, eggplant, etc. were bad for me from a rotation diet.

I have challenged adding them back in and cannot, they make me bloated and upset my stomach.

For me anyway, a rotation diet PLUS intolerance testing helped. The Array 10 is a blood test.

I also had things show up on IgE testing as well.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome about The Array 10. Never heard of it before.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I hadn't either. My functional medicine doctor ran the test. It was great. It picked up about 20 things I hadn't. Some of the things I knew already.

--------------------

Kaseyyy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaseyyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm thinking of doing a pinnertest food sensitivity test?

can food intolerance even cause off balance symptoms? IDK if i should go to a neurotologist or not just to rule it out or is my weird head feeling most likely lyme..

also how do you get rid of mold toxicity/ammonia just by detoxifying?

this all overwhelms me, all the different possibilities. should i try to just get xanax? maybe that would help?

Posts: 315 | From Allentown | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kaseyy, I forgot to answer your question (PM) on wheat.

You know, during lyme my body could not stand wheat.

During the years I test people energetically, I realized wheat does not test good for anyone. Some healthy people can take wheat, but when I ask: is it good? I never got a yes, until today.

Wheat tests good for no one.

So wheat out, is the first thing I would do. Later when you get no more lyme, you may eat it again (?).

If you crave grains, try spelt instead. It is an old type of wheat. Some people test good for spelt. That is what we use daily home (but we have no more lyme).

during lyme, sometimes, we could not take anything with glutten. So no spelt either. But after lyme, spelt feels fine.

If you REACT to foods: it's a must to stop eating them. If you can afford to stop eating them.

They cause gut inflammation.

DUring lyme, we reacted to many foods. Many. We stopped eating them, and after lyme was gone, we could take again MOST of them again (but not all....).

Food test is the 1ST thing Klinghardt practioners do. They test all basic foods the first day you go see them for lyme.

If you test bad, if you react, drop it or they will make you feel tired, worsen the gut, then you may get even MORE allergies.

The first day I stopped eating those bad-tested foods I already felt some difference. In energy.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for candida diet, I keep wondering:

is it the carb the bad guy?
is it the OIL the bad guy?
Or both?

Both are anti candida diets, sort of antagonists: if you stop carb, you got to increase oils.

If you stop oils (meat, veggie oils), you got to increase carbs (or else, what will you eat?).

Some say, no fresh fruits, no fresh veggies.

Other says, no nuts, no nut oil.

Some say: eat diet high in proteins. Other says, proteins make your body too acidic, so eat more veggies.

Cooked or uncooked? Opinions vary: some say, only cooked. Others say, mostly raw.

I guess, the answer, no one knows. You gotta keep trying!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement