LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Best Cyst Busters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Cyst Busters
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks:

I've been doing great using essential oils for my Lyme disease.

BUT, through no fault of the oils, I came down with a nasty case of the flu this year, which brought with it a mild case of pneumonia.

My doctor prescribed Augmentin, which I think is a strong version of Amoxycillin. As much as I despise taking abx, I took this because I don't want to mess with pneumonia. So I took it for 14 days. The pneumonia is now gone.

I did not herx from the Augmentin, which tells me that the oils were doing a good job of knocking Lyme and co's down, but I'm concerned that the amoxycillin may have driven what little Lyme and Bart I have into cyst form. And with spring coming up, I don't want the bugs to multiply when they come out of cyst form, I want to kill the cysts.

I'm going to ask my doc, who is semi-Lyme literate (I'm the one who educated him on it mostly) to prescribe me a cyst-busting drug.

I've never taken abx for my Lyme (too many horror stories) but since we opened the can of worms, I'd at least like to follow up with a short course of a cyst buster before I resume taking the oils.

So I'd like to ask the board, what is the best cyst-busting antibiotic for Lyme? I've heard of Flagyl being used for that as well as Tindamax. Are those the best cyst-busters, or are there others?

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi chaps ,Heard alinia was good...cysts will eventually break open and spirochettes will be vulnerable? ,gse will get ones in digestive..what is your essential oils regimine ..topically or internal? tini will get em and has to be used for 14 days straight...there are many herbs that may get to the biofims also. .'wake up' has a great thread on antimicrobials

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabe
Member # 47670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I'm curious too how you are using essential oils for Lyme tx.. care to share?

Serrapeptase and Nattokinase are supposed to be great at dissolving biofilm and doing other great things for us: https://knowlyme.com/2011/06/29/nattokinase-and-serrapeptase-to-dissolve-borrelia-biofilms/

Cheers, Gabe

--------------------
"Keep up, and you will be kept up." Y.B.

Posts: 25 | From BC | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'd just use the essential oil since they are working. If Lyme comes out of the cyst form, it would likely be slow enough for you to handle. Why force it?

I found that exercise that reaches deep into tissue (for me, Pilates, real Pilates on equipment) helps bring out hidden bacteria. Take it slowly and don't workout again until you get the symptoms controled again.

Don't try to go for stamina challenging cardio, I'm talking about deep muscle exercises.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd stick with the essential oils. Tinidazole causes peripheral neuropathy, but is a good cyst buster.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blymey919
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blymey919     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, know you asked about antibitics that are good cyst busters... Neem and oregano oil are a couple of biofilm busters. Castor oil too.

I use Neem topically. Additionally use essential oils Atlas Cedarwood, Lavender, Vetiver and Neroli. Antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, nervine,...

I add to a base of mixed Grapeseed oil, Apricot Kernal oil and Calendula oil.

For me this combo eases Lyme pain and addresses adrenal and nerve issues.

Quality EOs make a difference. Worth it to spend the extra money on a quality oil.

Will also use Ravinsara, Thyme, Frankincense, Sandlewood, Bergamot, Lemon Verbena, Rosemary and Geranium essential oils.

Ravinsara has been awesome for any lung conditions (I used for pnuemonia and Mycoplasma).

Posts: 114 | From California | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ONe thing I did not mention about the essential oils--they thin the blood. I was taking nattokinase and serrapeptase along with the oils. Then, I had my finger pricked to get my blood type checked, and that little tiny cut would not stop bleeding!

So I stopped taking the nattokinase and the serrapeptase.

Weeks later it was time to have a colonoscopy done. So I stopped taking the oils for 3 weeks prior, figuring that I want to be able to clot if they cut out polyps.

Well, the Dr. cut out a polyp. She installed a clip to close the wound. 3 days later, I woke up in the morning, went to bathroom and the toilet was full of blood. I had to go to the ER. They gave me another prep and another colonoscopy and installed more clips to stop the bleeding. I lost a lot of blood that day. It was not fun.

So the moral of that story is, if taking oils, stop them for maybe a month before surgery because they do thin the blood. Maybe even have the clotting capability checked beforehand to be safe.

--------------------
-chaps

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

I was taking the doTerra oils orally in capsules.

DDR Prime
Oregano
Cassia
OnGuard

Also took Lifelong Vitality Pack for a month prior and continued throughout.

Like anything else, you have to ramp up slowly with these oils.

Started with DDR Prime only, just rubbing 2 drops the feet before bed for two weeks, then increased to 4 drops. Then graduated to taking it orally and adding the other 3 oils, again ramping up slowly with those. To take it orally, I was dropping the oils into empty 00 capsules.

--------------------
-chaps

Blymey919
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blymey919     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chaps:
[QB] ONe thing I did not mention about the essential oils--they thin the blood.

Not all essential oils are blood thinners.

A couple of the formulas you were taking contain cinnamon. Cinnamon essential oil is a strong anticoagulant - especially Cassia Cinnamon which will thin the blood (more so than Ceylon which doesn't seem to have same effect).

Some serious care should be taken if you're thinking of taking Cassia Cinnamon daily. This anticoagulant has been ban in Europe due to several studies showing it was damaging for the liver when consumed internally on a frequent basis.

Posts: 114 | From California | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
GSE - grapefruit seed extract.

I scanned the posts above and my eyes did not see this mentioned.

I'd take in capsule form and use the liquid only one drop in a half cup water to mildly gargle and then another "shot" to drink. You want the liquid VERY weak and one drop in even one cup of water can be strong.

The reason I suggest the GSE CAPSULE is so that the esophagus is not so irritated by the liquid extract. The capsule will break apart further down.

Perhaps early on, take WITH food and see how that goes for you. If stomach does okay, then you might move to less food with it. Be sure enough water.

I am not the expert on GSE, however, so you search details out from other sources, too.

I am the expert in GSE liquid extract mouth burns, though. Some kinds can be very strong. Must Dilute. And some sources are not "clean"

mountain rose herbs has a good one. One drop goes a very long way.

don't know about capsules, though, as to best brand
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabe
Member # 47670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks for the information. This is something I might try sometime... I'm curious if you have had herx reactions doing this?

--------------------
"Keep up, and you will be kept up." Y.B.

Posts: 25 | From BC | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement