LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Glutathione IV vs nebulized vs another method?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Glutathione IV vs nebulized vs another method?
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glutathione IV used to help me enormously!! I used to do 1 gram per IV vs 2 grams, as the 2 grams made me too out of it, probably from detoxing so much. I used to do it IV up to 6 days per week It is a godsend to me symptomatically.

Before I had a central line, I nebulized it, which also worked very well, albeit at a much lower dose, I think 300-600 mg, once or twice a day, can't remember the dosage for sure. [I checked my records: it was only 100 mg per dose, but still worked well!]

I've also tried it sublingually with a powdered glutathione from Now Foods. That also works, but it's very rough on the inside of my mouth. Liposomal did not much for me, and also hard on my mouth.

Since insurance no longer covers compounded meds, unless I fight like crazy, and even then, usually not, I'm trying to figure out the best and most economical method, given non-coverage.

No, it does't get rid of infections, but it helps enormously symptomatically.

Any comments, experiences, suggestions? Thank you!

[ 04-16-2016, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Rumigirl ]

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi rumi ,Someone said infuserve has it.do you infuse at home? dont know how much but will be pricing it soon..i was doing 2 g at a clinic also and it got me going almost manic..it is a great vasodilator and helped with itching for while... just got script for nebulized. .does it effect the lungs or throat?

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, bluelyme. Yes, I infuse at home; I have a port. I've been getting it from Infuserve. But now I'd have to pay out-of-pocket: $7.50 per dose + shipping. But they do provide it already in the syringe.

Years ago, I got it from Hopewell Pharmacy, and they provided it in bottles. I had to draw it up into syringes, which, of course, is do-able, but just enough trouble that I didn't get around to it much. I don't know the price out of pocket that way, need to check.

Nebulized, it goes straight to the bloodstream quickly, almost as good as IV (higher dose w/ IV though). Nebulized is also good for the lungs, if you have any lung issues.

Glutathione is almost magic, it is so darned good!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Direct line to the vein works best for me by far. I do Iv pushes, meaning, inject it from a syringe using a butterfly needle attachment directly into the vein since I no longer have a PICC line. Infuserve has very reasonable prices. If you want more info, send me a pm and I'm happy to give it to you.
Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Thank you, me. Yes, Infuserve is where I was getting it in recent years. So I have that info. I will also try Hopewell Pharmacy, or any other suggestions, to see how much it costs there now. But getting the syringes pre filled made a big difference in being user-friendly.

I might get some in syringes, and some from Hopewell to nebulize and alternate, depending on my need and whether I stay accessed or not (needle in my port, which means can't get it wet).

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another option you can ask your doc about is to have an Iv push in the opposite arm if your PICC line is in an arm. I have mine done daily.
Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

I have a port, which is in my chest, so that isn't an issue. But I don't always stay accessed (keep the needle in my port), when I'm doing no other IV's, except IVIG, as I have to take extra precautions when showering, and flush it daily w/ saline & heparin.

Yes, I used to do IV glutathione 6 days a week, which was wonderful! But it was covered then by insurance, so I'm looking to lower the out-of-pocket costs, since it's $7.50 per dose for the glutathione syringe, plus all of my other out of pocket costs, which have escalated drastically.

I may try to fight the non-coverage, but as it is, I am fighting a ton of denials for all kinds of meds, including my desperately needed pain meds, which are compounded. Each rx I fight for requires letters of medical necessity/appeals, which I write, but

email to the doctor's office, who then puts it on their letterhead and faxes it off. But the doctor's office sec'y invariably gets it wrong. And then Aetna almost always doesn't answer that at all, or denies it again.

And even complaints to the State Attorney General's office go unheeded, because they are so overworked and unfunded. So Aetna gets to deny whatever they want, including when the doctor writes "for life-threatening infection" for Coartem and other anti-infective meds. Unreal.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get compounded glutathione nasal spray from College Pharmacy. It came to approximately $4.00/dose, including shipping on ice.

I tried it for a short time years ago (before mHBOT...I don't suggest using it during)...but it was irritating to my nasal passages.

Someone else asked me about it recently, so these are current prices:

College Pharmacy (719-262-0022)

Glutathione Nasal Spray, preservative free
200mg
10 Sprays Every Day (10 sprays = 1ML)
30 ML bottle = 1 month supply
Cost: $80.53 (they do not take insurance)
Shipping (overnight on ice) = approximately $35.00

Posts: 1886 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
You can get compounded glutathione nasal spray from College Pharmacy. It came to approximately $4.00/dose, including shipping on ice.

I tried it for a short time years ago (before mHBOT...I don't suggest using it during)...but it was irritating to my nasal passages.

Someone else asked me about it recently, so these are current prices:

College Pharmacy (719-262-0022)

Glutathione Nasal Spray, preservative free
200mg
10 Sprays Every Day (10 sprays = 1ML)
30 ML bottle = 1 month supply
Cost: $80.53 (they do not take insurance)
Shipping (overnight on ice) = approximately $35.00

Thank you, Phoiph. Yeah, I never had a problem doing it IV or nebulized, but sublingually, it was too acidic/irritating to the membranes of my mouth. So may be so nasally, although worth a try.

Do you not recommend it during mHBOT due to being anti-oxidant? I would think that if you are doing oxidizing things that it would be good to do antioxidants, too. Although, as I say that, it does sound counter-intuitive. But as a "mop-up" after oxidant therapies, no?

kms1990
Member # 41700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kms1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try these precursors.

http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/glutathione-precursors-30-p-seroyal.html?gclid=CPP4_LC7lswCFcNkhgodWVsPaw

I take them as well as do IV glut. They don't have as strong an impact of 2g glut right into the pics line, but do have a noticeable impact on my mental clarity and inflammation.

I think these along with Coffee enema could have a similar effect.

Posts: 70 | From New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you not recommend it during mHBOT due to being anti-oxidant? I would think that if you are doing oxidizing things that it would be good to do antioxidants, too. Although, as I say that, it does sound counter-intuitive. But as a "mop-up" after oxidant therapies, no?

Rumigirl...

The oxidants/free radicals play a big role...they are anti-pathogenic and signal healing processes, etc. Studies show that the body will ramp up its natural production of antioxidants to compensate (even in children with Autism who are more likely to have deficiencies).

The concern is that taking too many potent antioxidants when doing mHBOT could upset the balance and interfere with that process.

Oxidative stress is fundamental to hyperbaric oxygen therapy, by Stephen R. Thom. Journal of Applied Physi9ology 106:988-995, 2009: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2660252/

Posts: 1886 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Wellness Pharmacy and use it nebulized. I also have a port. It helps.
Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

quote:
Originally posted by ArtistDi:
I use Wellness Pharmacy and use it nebulized. I also have a port. It helps.

ArtistDi,

What dosage do you use nebulized? Once or twice a day? You can PM me, if that is better. Thank you. I know what I did in the past, just wondering what others are doing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement