LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Amalgam removal Q's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amalgam removal Q's
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,
Been kind of tough this winter health wise,my doctor wants me to get them out.

I have a couple of questions to those in the know.

First of all I have an appointment in Mexico at a biodentist in Tijuana.

Has anyone taken the leap to get dental work out of the states?

This clinic follows the Huggins protocol which is a safer method of removal.

One thing they offer is a test to determine what material is best for your body as a replacement to the amalgams.
The test is through a lab in Colorado.
I would appreciate any tips you can suggest.
Thanks to all of you!

Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting my amalgam out made things 100% worse.

I had zero pain or problems with my teeth, but heard the hype of getting my amalgams out and thought I'd have a miracle recovery from it.

If I had it to do over again, I would first test my body to see if mercury is even a problem. There's a urine test for this.

It didn't matter what "safe" protocols were used. Mercury wasn't the problem for me.

I went through 2 biological dentists, 3 regular ones, allergy testing and a dental surgeon to get the problems fixed.

The replacement materials (and having my teeth redrilled) caused horrible pain for over 6 years.

One filling had to replaced at least 5 times. It's a miracle the tooth is still there.

I was either allergic or developed allergies to the new material. They aren't safer than the metal ones.

Every time a tooth is drilled, there's a chance of it cracking.

I just stick with zirconia and fleck's cement for fillings now.

I had another friend who had her amalgams out. One tooth cracked. The other had an infection develop under the new filling and the tooth rotted out.

I see you're in northern California. If you need a recommendation for doctors and dentists who can help in the bay area, let me know.

If you have insurance, it'll pay too.

I experienced something similar to what this person experience (I put in bold the parts I felt was important). I wish I was informed before I did any of this.

http://www.ourlittleplace.com/jackimcs.html

"The only step we've taken that I truly regret is when I had all my "silver" (amalgam) fillings in my teeth replaced (22 fillings, involving 14 teeth). I do know of people that this has helped, but it hasn't helped me at all health-wise and has left me with over a year of constant pain in my teeth. I lost 1 tooth that had to be pulled, as well.

The problem was that the dentist did not warn me about just how excruciating the pain could be before I had this done - they said it was similar to getting a filling - and that I'd probably have "a little sensitivity" afterwards. Was THAT ever an understatement!

I had to take strong pain-killers daily for a solid two months after the removals, and that just barely kept me comfortable! The other problem is they talked me into having all 4 quadrants of my teeth done the same week - in 4 consecutive days. This was probably the biggest mistake we made.

I had no problems with the exposures during the removals - they did follow the recommended protocol for removing the amalgams. However, the pain and problems with chewing I have suffered since then were just unbearable.

For almost a year I was not able to chew anything even slightly crunchy - even pickles or onions - and absolutely nothing to eat or drink that was colder than room temperature!

If something cold hit those teeth - it would almost make me say dirty words it would hurt so bad! I even had to brush my teeth with warm water only.

I'm just now starting to be able to chew regularly again - nuts are still out, but it's getting better all the time.

Also, the filling material they used on me was a "composite" and they're not lasting at all.

I've already had to have 2 crowns and a bridge (involving 3 teeth) because the fillings started cracking the minute I was finally able to start chewing on those back teeth. I'm just putting this out there because I feel I wasn't given complete information before making the decision to go ahead with my removals.

I now would tell people to try absolutely EVERY other way to reduce their toxic exposures first (cleaning their environment, switching to non-toxic products, etc.) before making the decision to have their fillings removed and replaced.

And even then - only if you're still really disabled from your condition..."

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the test done to determine safe materials for me. I think it's worth it to find what is compatible for you. I did not get my amalgams done out of the states though, but understand Huggins dentists are top notch and worth seeing.

I know someone who got their amalgams out (saw a biological dentist) and it did nothing for him. He told me don't bother doing it. I just knew I had to try it though.

At the suggestion of a kind person here on Lymenet, I ended up going to an ART practitioner first to open my regulation and release things. This is the path I suggest.

I felt better as soon as the mercury came out (within 15 minutes). I felt better each time I had another one replaced. It even helped my back right away.

Judie is right, every time you have a tooth drilled out, you run the risk of it cracking. This happened to me and I ended up getting crowns on some of my teeth. Still, I feel better and am no longer releasing mercury 24/7 in my mouth.

IMO, it's worth it and I would do it all over again.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, I was just thinking about this yesterday... how when I had mine removed the dentist just drilled the mercury out and it went all over in my mouth and I swallowed half of it! I was just thinking that this probably wasn't the rigth thing to do!

the teeth that used to have them now have the composite fillings. one molar has cracked in half and I never thought this could be a cause and my dentist never mentioned it either (different dr than the previous)

you can see greyish coloring through my now white fillings. every dentist I asked told me it was "staining" from the old ones. I have always questioned that some mercury was left in there.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Judie, I am so sorry that you experienced such a hard time with your removal.

Your comment about them being fine BEFORE they were replaced sounds familiar and has been a concern going into this.

I have a mercury blood count of 27u/ug that was discerned by DMSA provocation test.

Have lots of other metals including gadolinium from so many MRI using contrast dye from when I had brain surgery for a tumor.

As far as the dentist in Mexico, I have done extensive research on the place and feel good going there.

I have been fighting all of this for so long I am trying this in hopes that it is the thing that will get me "over the hump".

Catgirl,
Thanks for your reply,glad to hear you have had success and has it made your health better.
That is what I wish.

I still have not tested for compatability and have been reassured that zirconia is the most non reactive so I may go untested due to funds. I am up to roughly 150K out of pocket.
I will post after removal and say how I did with this. Any other comments are welcome as I have moved my procedure date up to the 10th of May and still have time to gather more info.

Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also told by a Naturopathic doctor (whose relative happens to be a dentist) that if the filling is old, it's already leeched out whatever is going to come out.

It's pointless to get the filling replaced if it's old. I so wish I had listened to the ND.

To be honest, I got taken in by the hype I heard on the Internet.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think ziconia is good for most people as it is like ceramic (I mean, it does not behave like a metal). It's what most biological dentists use when they do implants, but it is expensive and possibly not as strong as titanium implants...

Anytime you take the fillings (amalgams or NOT), the dentist will DRILL inside the tooth a bit more and it will touch the nerves or damage them.

It has nothing to do with amalgams or not. It is the physical process of changing fillings. It can be plastic or ceramic, there is always a risk that the tooth nerve gets damaged, then pain comes and possibly, the tooth may even die.

I had 13 amalgams that I took off during lyme, as a recommendation of a dr. K's practitioner. I do not regret taking it off, knowing what mercury does to our cells, organs. Besides, I had suffered from gastritis at least 20 years, and what cured my gastritis was merely chlorella, that binds to mercury.

I took all 13 amalgams off and had no problem with that. But I needed high doses of binders (really high), or my gut went messy.

Hundreds of pills of chlorella (no kidding) did the job of cleaning my stomach and gut and then miraculously, my 20 year gastritis vanished. As long as I am on chlorella (on and off), gastritis never returned.

About 2 years after removal of amalgams, and of 2 root canaled teeth (with bone cavitations), I went into lyme remission. It was not an immediate recovery, you may say, but I'm glad both amalgams and dead teeth are out.

Dead teeth are even worse than amalgams, in my experience. Nice that you found someone to use zirconium (If I understood well, they will fill the holes with zirconium?).

I wish you good luck. I just recommend binders in great amount, at least on the day of removal and for about a week after it.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

I will begin a two weeks before and a two after , an intense detox protocol using Dr. Shade's black box detox from Quicksilver labs.
I am showing most all of the metals symptoms and with my test results I'm moving along and have hopes this will help in the long run.
Really cant believe that this amalgam material is even legal for dental use??

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you will be glad when they are out. I also had gadolinium and other MRI metals that would not leave my body until I got my amalgams out.

So is the cost of your dentists removal of them $150k?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

No, the 150k is what the total cost of Lyme etc. has been. Man could I use that 150k right now.
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great you found someone to follow you up on that amalgam removal.

It's a crime to put amalgams in children's mouth, like they did to me and still do in many countries.

The problems come just slowly, it's really like putting the frog in lukewarm water and increase the temperature just slowly, till it kills it.

If you do as much of chelation as I did, different methods, substances, protocols, you may literally FEEL the toxicity of these metals.

They cause all sorts of symptoms and these may be, for me, the scariest symptoms ever.

From air hunger, messing with your blood pressure, cold sweats, dizziness, partial body paralysis, arrhythmia, insomnia then ALWAYS I get a candida attack, as though candida comes in revenge.

Then the gut is messed, bloating, you never feel you eat enough, you name it....

Think of a bad herx, that is exactly what it felt to me, every time I got a 'successful' chelator. It's awful. It's the last think you would like anyone to put in your mouth, mercury. And still, in many parts of the world, it is done (I lived in South Korea, you see 7 year old kids with amalgams there).

Anyway, think of getting rid of metals as a life long journey. They won't come out immediately, as the body's detox systems are all blocked and damaged, probably due to long term heavy metal poisoning.

but there's always hope. I'm still working on my heavy metals, and I know they still come out, from times to times.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

The black box detox kit consists of something called Phosatidyl Choline, glutithione, bitters, and Methyl B Complex.

Iam also using pectasol-c as well as chlorrella.
Infrared sauna.

Brussels, I too am experiencing insomnia, cold sweats, blood pressure dis regulation, fatigue .

It is comforting to hear someone had the same symptoms as it can be confusing what is causing what.

I am 7 years into treatment and at this point just trying to clear out what ever has been keeping me from getting all the way well.
I started the detox kit yesterday and supposed to use for two weeks before and two after removal then back to just chlorrella and zeolite or pectasol-c.
Off to Mexico, my appointment was moved to the tenth of May.

Hope this goes well, I am a bit nervous.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Crossing my fingers for you Norcal.

Detoxing heavy metals for ME was always problematic. I have to be careful, go slow, and I still suffer....

It's been many years, and I still have things coming out (I can't even stand one DROP of fulvic acids...). Once I become able to stand a substance, I react well to the cleansing, somehow, taking binders, etc. But then it stops working.

Then I have to find something else, and it feels a bit like neverending story. The only thing that keeps me going on that chelation business is that I feel SLOWLY better.

It's hard to say short term, but now I can be bitten by ticks and not fall sick (at least, not like before). It's been now exactly 7 years that lyme hasn't come back. I think some of it is due to heavy metal detox.

Something is working, slowly.

I hope your treatment in Mexico goes well! Let us know and good luck!

norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Thanks for the kind words Brussels
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Norcal, I used pectasol before and after removal. I think I used chlorella just a few days before and after too. Don't be nervous. You can do it!

I agree with Brussels. I slowly feel better (been detoxing for a few years now).

--------------------

norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Back from Mexico yesterday, my mouth is amalgam free!

Spent three days in the chair,had 9 amalgams and 4 cavities.

Phew , that was hard. So glad they are gone ,and now some serious detox.
I am currently in the infrared sauna room here at home.

I can't say enough good things about my dental team !

Seems all my professional help is SO young,guess I grew up during my Lyme journey.
I feel pretty good considering what I just went through!

I would be happy to pass on the name of the great facility I was at,pm me. I
I still need to return to have an extraction due to a deep cavity and also a front tooth bonding.
I had to get out of the chair to catch my flight otherwise I might have finished,but man was I tired.
My teen daughter needs wisdom teeth out,I will take her there as they do biological dentistry and don't want her developing cavitations down the road. At that point I can finish the bonding and extraction.
In any case glad to be home and a healing body from all that crappy metals.
I will continue my persuit of health now and hopefullyI have an advantage against Lyme and friends.
Thanks for the previous replys folks , NorCal

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Wonderful news Norcal, it sounds like they did a great job! Enjoy, you're body is free to detox now! :)

--------------------

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie, I am not sure about your naturopathic doctor's comment. My fillings were very old (30 years) when I was assessed by the UK top expert in 1999, Dr Jack Levinson (now deceased) and he made electrical readings from each filled tooth as one of his test methods.

His diagnosis was clear. He also told me that my fillings had all rusted, which is is another problem with old fillings.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

YEY!!!Take chlorella if you can. LOADS of them.

They solved my gut problem (bloating, bad digestion etc) that happened after amalgam removal.

I had 13 amalgams!!!!!

Crossing my fingers for you Norcal!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement