LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » my FIR Sauna experiences and yours?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my FIR Sauna experiences and yours?
jupiter76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jupiter76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I´ve been using the FIR sauna for some years irregulary because the symptom increase after only one session of about 20 minutes at 78 degrees is so extreme that it takes one to two weeks to disappear.

When I first bgan two session with 10 minutes within 3-4 days followed by 3 days of lying in bed with migraine like headache.

So when I use it now, after cooling down I feel refreshed then som hours later I start to get slightly cold.

Then over night my body starts to work which I believe it is the immune system. I start to feel fluish. It feels like a kind of burning inside my body, inflammed. My joints, hip, shoulder feet and hands start to hurt.

I´ve been on all kind of antbiotics doxy, azi, clari, cefalosporines metro, tini, infusions severals antbiotics the same time, mepron, Malarone, rifa, Artemisin, Vitamins, parasite medication cowden... I got better over the years but I far away from a normal life.

So did anyone have the same reactions to FIR like me and did this get better? when?
I wonder because it is not detox or die of but a immune overstimulation or autoimm like I would do no favor to me to increase this.

when I wake up even days after fir sauna session I feel so hot and aching. I wonder how many more years I have to stand this. sick for 8 years now.

Don´t feel antibiotics did much the last months so I have to change something. I still have lots of food intolerances especially to all kind of spicy this. some flavour and food additives. I know I have bad sulfur itolerance althoung my histamine intolerance improved much over the last years.

Thanks.

(Breaking this up for easier reading for many here)

[ 04-22-2016, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 185 | From Germany | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is sometimes hard to know when to persevere with the sauna. I bought a FIR blanket sauna some years ago and I had coaching on how to start very slowly, both in time and heat setting. I also took clay and was sure to hydrate with electrolytes etc, but felt terrible after even these small exposures.

I can't tell for sure if it is a sign of how toxic one is, of an overactive immune system or whether there is some other sensitivity to the FIR infrared itself.

Obviously, it is quite likely that the organs start to release metals or solvents or whatever you are holding onto, but your body can't fully get rid of what you have released, but some people seem to have no problems.

In my case, the blanket has hardly been used and I am constantly saying to myself that I will try again when I am feeling strong enough......Hmm!

When I was on a heavy metal protocol involving 3 days on and 11 days off, rotating between DMSA and Detoxamin suppositories, I did start to have very bad fluey and cold symptoms similar to your description after the DMSA. Even at low levels, it became intolerable and I had to stop.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My experience with FIR sauna has been nothing like what you've described. From the get-go, I handled heat fine - up to 155 degrees, and sweated after a certain amount of time.

In 6 months time, I was suddenly no longer reacting to all the chemical smells around me, meaning I had successfully detoxed through my skin.

My take on what you're saying here re your intolerance to heat and your reactions after doing the sauna is that this is not the right therapy for you, based on your difficult reactions. Just my opinion.

I think we all need to find what we do respond well to, and do more of that. We're all different.

One idea might be to start, or continue, with diet issues - do more of what you handle, and less of what you don't. People who are good with healing diets and have websites about it are Donna Gates and Josh Axe.

Doing the 23andme genetic test would show you specifically which genes you have that are interfering with detox. That would include your sulphur sensitivity. A knowledgeable doctor is needed to work with boosting the missing detox pathways.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I read that you posted a few hours later after the sauna you start to get cold, and then when you wake up even a few days later you feel hot and aching.

Getting cold can be an imbalance of trace minerals. Getting cold can also be a sign of babs. Feeling hot and aching even days later, the hot can be a sign of babs too, or maybe you are hitting another co infection.

I have had the migraine later on in the day too, but have cut back my time in the sauna and it stopped. Also, the sooner I eat after the sauna the better I feel. Maybe that is because I take ala, nac and other supplements after I eat.

Have you been checked for any genetic issues (maybe there is something else to consider).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to say, you might check out the symptoms for proto (FL1953). Minerals feed it, and minerals after saunas are often suggested.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Jupiter, am I reading that correctly, is your sauna temp 78 or 178?

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement