LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rheumatologist appt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rheumatologist appt
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a rheumatologist a week ago and had a check up. I have been treated for Lyme disease for five years on various antibiotics and none of them have helped. Treated for coinfections. I wanted to see if there is anything else j could have besides Lyme.

The rheumatologist said I have hyper mobility syndrome. It means my joints are really flexible and so they cause pain. I think it is similar to ehlers danlos.

It makes sense because my hands are really flexible and my knees are too. I think it is also associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.

I read about it online though and there doesn't seem to be a cure for it and the only treatment is aleve and NSAIDs so even if I do have it I guess it's no better than a diagnosis of Lyme. So just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

I had a western blot five years ago where I think 23 showed up in igm and 30 and 41 showed up IGG.

I just don't know if Lyme is causing these problems for me because I had no response to antibiotics

(breaking this up for easier reading for many here)

[ 04-27-2016, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Katrina,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. As for having treated for five years and seeing no improvement, my first question is whether the treatment was adequate with a full sense of the combinations required and the rotations as well.

As you posted 25 November,2014:

" seeking llmd in mass. apparently mine isnt since he knows nothing about cyst busters "

Did you find a proper LLMD then, in 2015 ?
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I would not read too much into "hypermobility" as I was also dx with that and, yes, regarding some basic movement strategies, there are some things you can do to minimize some of the physical stress.

You say, or have been told "the only treatment is aleve and NSAIDs "

Not true. Not at all true. There are many other safe methods. NSAIDs are not safe.

Lyme can attack collagen and that can cause hypermobile joints, too.

But there is far more to what's going on with your body besides that. Might it have some connection to your pain? Sure. Physcial therapy and education in how to best guard against over extending joints is important. Not over stretching, etc. How you sit, stand, etc.

Some massage might also be excellent. As long as I pay attention to the basics of how to mind my form, that really helps. But, with lyme & all, it's not enough.

I am concerned that if, up until last year, you did not have a properly educated doctor or were able to compres

must stop now. later on this thought.

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina...Did they mention EDS? It is connected with Mast Cell Activation Disorder. You could easily have both.

Do you have any of these symptoms?:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/133927

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
some stray thoughts: Do consider LymeToo's post and all other influences as well. It sounds like the rheumatologist dropped the ball big time not just on other influences / connections but also on what all can help.

Are you gluten-free? That might be of good help regarding comfort level.

Google: best shoes for hypermobility, knees

Birkenstocks, Earth shoes, or any shoe that has the heel lower really bothers my knees because (as I found out after the fact) they can cause the knees to be pushed too far against themselves (for someone with hypermobility).

It's vital to have the best support on your feet at all time and that usually means good arch support.

Never stand with knees "straight" - be sure they are flexed a little bit. A good PT can teach you more about this.

Explore for comfort management:

GINGER CAPSULES; TURMERIC / CURCUMIN

SOTA LIGHTWORKS

http://www.livestrong.com/article/556301-the-best-worst-activities-for-hypermobile-joints/

The Best & Worst Activities for Hypermobile Joints

By Kerrie Reed, M.D. April 30, 2015

http://www.livestrong.com/video/1004835-yoga-hypermobile-joints/

How to Do Yoga with Hypermobile Joints

Two-minute video - while these poses may not be your cup of tea, she has hypermobile joints and it's good to take a look at how she's learned to work around that. A much longer educational session would be best, of course, but it's nice to have just a little visual with this one.

It's not how far you can go, as she says, but the inner core strength and stability. PILATES might have some specifics for you, too.
-

[ 04-27-2016, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually this might be where you could look at Dr S's work. He talks about people with genetic issues handling the aftermath of antibiotic therapy. His whole idea is that these people actually are responding to the antibiotics but they don't feel better because their inflammation never gets better -- he calls that "biotoxin illness."

He gives people certain therapies to bring down inflammation markers like tgf beta 1 and a couple others.

I'm not sure how much I believe in this, but hey, anything that helps--

http://www.survivingmold.com/

**edited name of LLMD**

[ 04-27-2016, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme bands 23 and 30 are specific for Lyme. Lyme eats up tissues, all of them. It can cause this.

Rheumatologists generally do not name Lyme. They're part of the medical stand-down. I even later went back to one I had seen early on for my unknown condition and he refused to accept my now-Lyme diagnosis.

I started taking Biosil recently and I like it. It makes me feel good and it's supposed to be good for joints - has silica in it.

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya rhuemy gave me that too...it eats collagen..i hsvr been flexible all my life. maybe try rife, bvt,or other modalities..

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no cure for ehlers danlos they hyper mobile kind

Keebler so treatment is managing symptoms, which would

be prescribing pain medication to help with the pain. With

ehlers danlos there is a genetic defect in synthesizing

collagen. So I don't know what other treatments you are

thinking about, but they probably aren't any better than

NSAIDs.

As for shoemakers research all the markers for bio toxins

Came back normal for me. So I think I can rule that out.

I treated my Lyme with a very respected doctor in

Massachusetts. He is now retired and was in the film under

Our skin. He treated me for two years and did not use cyst

busters but I would think if I had Lyme the treatment would

Have at least lessened the load of bacteria in my body and

My symptoms would have improved a little but they didn't.

I moved onto a different doctor who treated for coinfections

On year three. He did not use the DustBuster I requested

Which was tindamax but he used flagyl and used Mepron

During my treatment with him. He prescribed rifampin in

Combo with other antibiotics. He rotated them every five or six

Months and usually prescribed three antibiotics at any given

Time. Surely this would be enough to get some kind of

Response if I had Lyme! Now I know that a lot of you that have

Lyme see Lyme in everything. It's like your seeing every thing

Through Lyme glasses now! Because you all have been

Through the ringer with being diagnosed with everything

Under the sun BEFORE you were diagnosed with Lyme. But in

My particular case, with my response or should I say lack of

Response to antibiotics I don't want to rule anything out and

Attribute everything to Lyme! Because I'm not getting better!

When I wasn't responding to antibiotics I thought it was

Because my doctor wasn't using a good cyst buster (tindamax)

And that's when I posted that post in seeking a doctor forum

Keebler. But Looking back, I think my doctor did pretty good

As far as treatments And many people would have responded

To those antibiotics if they had Lyme. So if you all think I don't

Have hypermobility syndrome or ehlers danlos then is there

Any other suggestions? And please don't say Lyme. I know I'm

Posting on lymenet about this, but I don't know what else to

Do! I feel like I've tried everything and nothing is working!

And I can't have a conversation like this one with that

Rheumatologist or my pcp because they don't have any

Suggestions either! Now I'm waiting for my 23 and me test

To come back because I thought there might be some clues

There I don't know! I suspected some kind of detox pathway

Issue because I was taking a multivitamin and my folic acid

Levels were very high.i learned this could be a mthfr defect

And so I have been supplementing with a mthfr friendly multi

And taking 2000 mcg methylb12 daily. Have been for a month.

No improvements.my cortisol levels are very high on a saliva

Test. Doesn't tell me much except that my body is stressed.

From what I dont know. I am hypothyroid as well and just

Started treating this. But I think something is causing these

Issues and I want to find the source. Rife has not helped me

And I rife for Bart twice a day and Lyme and babesia once a

Week. No improvement

Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 23andme should show the genetic marker for EDS. My point with the link above is that you may also have MCAS along with the EDS. At least some of your symptoms could be helped if you also have that.

It may not help your joint issues, but could help other symptoms you may be having.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Katrina,

only tiny parts of a few matters now can I expand upon: NSAIDS. They pose serious risks and most often cause so much pain in the gut and can cause bleeding ulcers, etc.. There are better options for pain management but they likely don't come from a pharmacy.

Whatever all is going on with causes / influences, there are some ways to nourish the body to help, too. The silica / Biosil that Robin mentions is one example.

I hope your 23 & me tests come back soon and shine some good, definitive light regarding either the collagen issues &/or the possibility of MAST CELL matters.

Still, whatever, you have this comprehensive situation and I am sure that there are safe ways that can help (as NSAIDS are not safe) - as the fuller picture comes to light.

Your determination to explore whatever (all) is going on is to be applauded. And with each piece of the puzzle brings more questions but also more options for how to address / ease / support.
-

katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

What causes mast cell activation? Will the 23 and me test

show anything about mast cell activation? I don't have any

skin issues as far as rashes, Could I still have MCA? I had an allergy test that showed

I was allergic to dairy almonds and wheat which I am avoiding

now. I'm not going to take NSAIDs. They wouldn't even touch

the pain I have. My doctor will prescribe opiates if I am in too

much pain. I was annoyed after leaving the rheumatologist.

She said physical therapy and pain medication might help and

referred me to a fibromyalgia clinic. I know physical therapy

Wouldn't do anything except exhaust me and cause more pain

For me. And if opiates don't get rid of my pain completely and

I've tried almost every pain medication before my doctor

Offered to prescribe opiates, what makes her thinks that any

Other medication would help? She said opiates would not be

Appropriate for my type of pain and said she was disappointed

That my primary care doctor prescribed them. I said well she

Tried every medication she could first and I was even sent to

A pain clinic and they didn't know what to do with me!

I think only the patient can decide what pain medication is

Appropriate because they are the one who is feeling the pain!

I hope that the 23 and me test will shed some light because

The hypermobility syndrome seems like anther useless

Diagnosis like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome.

A diagnosis where the treatment is pretty much useless!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, you could still have MCAS even without rashes.

It can cause bone pain. Is that the kind of pain you have? (besides the joint pain?)

I'm not well-versed on the 23andme, but I think I've read that C-kit is one of the genes involved.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read recently that Lyme triggers mast cell activation - where's the link for that, anyone?

Katrina, my fibromyalgia was Lyme disease, same for lots of people. I'd say with your positive 23 and 30 band, you don't need to wonder - you are dealing with Lyme as part of the mix.

Not to say all, as you mention. You're certainly free to do as much testing as you can to learn about anything else going on.

What I did re opiates, when I didn't know I had Lyme - I rotated 4 of them, so as not to develop tolerance. So, a different one each evening in order to sleep - I took them for that reason only and sucked it up during the day.

If I started to get too high on one, I dropped it out and brought it back in a couple months later. It was all managed.

Now I take capsules of turmeric to take down muscle and joint pain - it works pretty well for me. Have you tried taking turmeric for pain?

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you done iv?..Seems like bvt ,mhbot

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

What causes mast cell activation? Will the 23 and me test

show anything about mast cell activation? I don't have any

skin issues as far as rashes, Could I still have MCA? I had an allergy test that showed

I was allergic to dairy almonds and wheat which I am avoiding

now. I'm not going to take NSAIDs. They wouldn't even touch

the pain I have. My doctor will prescribe opiates if I am in too

much pain. I was annoyed after leaving the rheumatologist.

She said physical therapy and pain medication might help and

referred me to a fibromyalgia clinic. I know physical therapy

Wouldn't do anything except exhaust me and cause more pain

For me. And if opiates don't get rid of my pain completely and

I've tried almost every pain medication before my doctor

Offered to prescribe opiates, what makes her thinks that any

Other medication would help? She said opiates would not be

Appropriate for my type of pain and said she was disappointed

That my primary care doctor prescribed them. I said well she

Tried every medication she could first and I was even sent to

A pain clinic and they didn't know what to do with me!

I think only the patient can decide what pain medication is

Appropriate because they are the one who is feeling the pain!

I hope that the 23 and me test will shed some light because

The hypermobility syndrome seems like anther useless

Diagnosis like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome.

A diagnosis where the treatment is pretty much useless!

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are concerned about the possibility of having Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, I would highly recommend that you see a geneticist.

They will be able to properly evaluate you, test you (including genetic blood tests), and prescribe or refer you to various other practitioners for symptom control/ treatment.

Ehlers Danlos Syndrome is much misunderstood. I have it myself. It is much much more than just "hyper mobile joints". It impacts Every part, Every system of the body...

I don't know all your symptoms besides the obvious pain. I'm sure there are more.

If you do have hyper mobility OR Ehlers Danlos Syndrome you need you work with practitioners that are experienced in treating your condition. This is so important because uneducated/ inexperienced practitioners (like PT) will cause you more pain instead of helping.

I hope you find your answers and get good help soon.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Sorry for the double post I do t know how that happened. I

have tried ozone and it didn't help. A long time ago I got a 24

hour urine porphyrin test and my porphyrins were high. I tried

the Dr K protocol for pyroluria for awhile and it didn't help.

I don't know if I should be continuing with this. I also don't

know what caused this. Had a heavy metal test and had high

levels of lead and Mercury. That could be another piece of the

puzzle. I have been using the Andrew cutler protocol for that

for two months but I am about to try MMS and I can't be on

both protocols so I think I will drop the cutler protocol for

awhile. Bee venom therapy has been something on my list to

try along with the pe-1 machine. Yea I have been on iv

antibiotics. Rocephin I combo with oral antibiotics for six

months! Didn't do anything. I spoke to my rheumatologist

today and she said that she didn't test me with genetic tests

because the treatment would be the same anyways. Well I

want to know if I have genetic ehlers danlos or if this whole

thing of hypermobility joints is Lyme induced. I think it may be

genetics. I was born breach, meaning I never turned upside

down during pregnancy so came out the wrong way and when

I was born I had hip dysphasia. I was told this was because I

never turned in the womb but my mother has just had two hip

surgeries because she apparently kept dislocating her hips

without knowing it. I wil see what the 23 and me test has to

say about thhis being genetic.

[ 05-07-2016, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

I asked my rheumatologist yesterday about ehlers danlos

And mast cell activation and she said I would be very sick if I

Had mast cell activation so she said I couldn't possibly have it

And she wouldn't think that would be the cause of my fatigue.

My symptoms are fatigue muscle pain Brian fog headaches

Light sensitivity (eyes) muscle weakness, occasional IBS. I do

Have bone pain I think but sometimes I don't know where the

Pain is coming from because it's never localized. Kind of like

When you have the flu and you have that General achiness

Feeling, this pain is much like that so it is diffuse like that but

[ 05-07-2016, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

I don't know anything about Ehlers Danlos, sorry, but the symptoms you're listing here sound like Lyme disease to me.

For the general pain, I do turmeric capsules - I get turmeric in bulk at the health food store and I dip 00-size empty capsules into it, take a couple a day. It knocks down muscle and joint pain for me.

For eye symptoms, I drink mangosteen juice - it can stop all my eye symptoms. It's an anti-inflammatory juice. There's lots of varieties in health food stores and online - I like the Mango-Xan one as it's the most tart. I drink around an ounce a day.

For brain fog, sometimes it's from low thyroid. You could get your T3 and TSH levels tested for. My T3 was low and I went on Armour thyroid and suddenly I felt present in the world again. So for me it was a matter of boosting my metabolism.

We're all different so each of us needs to find out what we respond to.

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey katrina! Good to see you.

I looked up ehlers danlos to get a basic description to see if I could add anything helpful to the post. I almost threw up. Really.

First, rheumatologists are famous for taking a list of symptoms, putting their name to that list, and touting their findings far and wide. "Oh look what I did".

Their newly described "condition" is then etched in medical history. It brings them attention, gets them a good seat at the table and feeds their egos. They often get grants to study their newly made up disease, or even prizes, but they all have one thing in common.... none of these diseases has a known cause, or a known cure. Money money money honey.

Anything a rheumatologist says you must take with a 10 pound block of salt and do your own research if you want true answers.

Spirochetes destroy the collagen. In chronic Lyme it is what is referred to as Acrodermatitis Chronica Atrophicans (ACA). ACA is said to be in European patients, but it is thriving here in the USA, it is just being misdiagnosed- even by the majority of LLMD's.

The symptoms of this EDS and Lyme ACA are nearly identical.

We know millions of people are misdiagnosed that actually have Lyme. We just don't know where all of them have gone in search for help.

EDS, in my opinion, is ONE of many places they could have been sent and where they remain today getting worse and suffering.

Some patients have gone into the new "connective tissue disease" category. Some moved on to scleroderma. Other are lost to "rare" syndromes and some auto-immune garbage.

I know nothing about EDS except for what I read tonight. I DO know nearly everything there is to know about Lyme ACA.

I suggest you take a look at some of that literature if you want answers. Penicillin seems to be a treatment that works better in some who have Lyme ACA.

According to the literature, and much of it is older literature before the IDSA/CDC got their patents and vaccines...

Lyme ACA is the ONLY proof that a person has true "CHRONIC Lyme", in other words, live spirochetes after treatment.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Bb eats collagen, that's for sure, causing all of the connective tissue and joint damage. An LLMD I had, who is a neurologist, said that Ehlers Danlos can be acquired, due to TBD's (not the common belief, of course).

Besides TBD treatment to prevent further damage, Prolotherapy can repair the existing damage. Go to
GetProlo for lots of info and for referrals to doctors who do it. There is a ton of info there.

I've had tons of it done, and it's saved my life in terms of all the joint instability and pain that I had, due to the terrible damage and hyper-mobility.

Oh, and Rheumy's----they are major TBD deniers, with the exception of one in NJ who is LL. I had seen one before I finally was dx'd. She dx'd me with many auto-immune diseases. When I went back to her after dx (before I completely understood the great divide), she said, "Oh, no, you never had Lyme!"

I thought: What alternate universe do you live in??!! End of story with her.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

So I found out today that there is no genetic test for the hypermobile Ehlers Danlos. And 23 and me does not test for anything like collagen disorders, because a collagen disorder gives further evidence to someone having it.

So I have no way of knowing if what I have is ehlers danlos or if it's Lyme causing this. I've always been very flexible and was born with my hips out of their sockets. I think I mentioned this.

There is really no treatment for ehlers danlos. Some people take supplements like coq10 and get treatments like Prolotherapy to stabilize joints. I have joint pain but I also have muscle pain and fatigue. I didn't understand how this could be involved with ehlers danlos but the rheumatologist assured me that ehlers danlos and fibromyalgia and CFS go hand in hand.

So I'm unsure of how to proceed at this point. I don't know if I should try to continue treating Lyme even though I've had zero response to antibiotics in four years or if i should forget about Lyme and go down a different path in trying to treat ehlers danlos.

If I really do have ehlers danlos it is a disappointment because I doubt that I will find any way to get rid of this pain and fatigue. It is so debilitating. The pain keeps me up at night and I can't work. I'm on heavy opiates a lot of the time and that doesn't even get rid of the pain.

Each day of my life has recently consisted of trying to get through the day without falling asleep and trying not to over exert myself. I just don't see how this is any kind of a life at all. I didn't know that ehlers danlos could cause such severe disabling symptoms. I actually knew someone that had it and they were pretty functional. Not on Disabilty and able to work, had a social life.

Any advice is appreciated.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the answer about what you should do, but I will say that I heartily recommend getting good prolotherapy. That will fix the instability/hyper-mobility problem which causes so much pain.

It would help if you can decrease the opiates, as you do this, so that your immune system can help with the healing process initiated by the prolotherapy.

The fatigue, etc. is a different story with a different cause. It may not fully explain the fatigue, but on-going severe pain is completely exhausting. And opiates lead to fatigue, also

But the fact that you were born with your hips out of the sockets surely points towards Ehlers-Dalos----and/or TBD's acquired in utero.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Rumigirl, does Prolotherapy work? Have you tried it? Is it something that you have to have done many times?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by katrinab:

And mast cell activation and she said I would be very sick if I

Had mast cell activation so she said I couldn't possibly have it

And she wouldn't think that would be the cause of my fatigue.

My symptoms are fatigue muscle pain Brian fog headaches

Light sensitivity (eyes) muscle weakness, occasional IBS. I do

Have bone pain I think but sometimes I don't know where the

Pain is coming from because it's never localized. Kind of like

When you have the flu and you have that General achiness

Feeling, this pain is much like that so it is diffuse like that but

---

-

MCAS causes all of the above symptoms, katrina. Your doctor does not know what she is talking about.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohioperson22         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've treated lyme (and coinfections, as you say) for FOUR YEARS with no improvement, it may be time to look to other things.

Even one of the country's top LLMD says in his own book that sometimes lyme and coinfections are not the only things that need to be treated, and that some patients never improve until other, sometimes completely unrelated things, are treated/corrected.

I think wholistic medicine/functional medicine doctors will look at possible causes.

Some of the things you complain about should get looked at by a competent physician, and could be any of hundreds of things.

Posts: 200 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement