LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can you recover if you have root canals and amalgams?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you recover if you have root canals and amalgams?
Leeintn
Member # 25999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leeintn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All,

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've made

some progress but it's been very, very slow.

I am thankful for that, but I feel like it's

stalled. I've done a lot of reading on root

canals and I know it's been discussed here.

In 2009, I had a root canal on #12, and within

a few weeks, I became almost bed-ridden. I

know it sounds extreme. How can a root canal

cause your body such damage so quickly? I was

having some other symptoms prior to the RC, but

I was living a productive life.

I have found a dentist who follows the Huggins

protocol 100 %. Of course, he doesn't live

in TN. Aside from being very costly, the idea

of loosing my teeth is very sad.

The thoughts of having my 3 root canaled teeth

pulled is not an easy decision. BUT, if it

restored my health, yank em out !!

So, what is your opinion? Has anyone here

had any change in your health big or small?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 83 | From Tennessee | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recovered from lyme, babs, and bart without getting my root canaled teeth out and without replacing my metal fillings.

I made good progress on the Burrascano protocol, so my lyme doc said "Obviously, you don't need to get yours out."

It is now over 10 years since I completed my lyme treatment and I am still symptom-free, enjoying my life.

You can also do a search on LymeNet on this topic and read what others experienced over the years. Everyone is different.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people just can't handle root canals. I will one day lose my teeth because I know I can't handle a root canal. I just know.

PS .. You can do a search here for past discussions on root canals. I know it's been discussed many times. I sure hope you feel better once they are OUT.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leeintn
Member # 25999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leeintn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF and Lymetoo, Thanks for your advice:) I'm not sure I would even consider having my root canals removed if I hadn't become so ill after having one
done. I know those teeth are dead and only harbor bacteria.

At this point, I'm not sure what else I can do to try and get out of this "slump". I've tried just about everything.

Again, thanks guys

Posts: 83 | From Tennessee | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried taking activated charcoal to remove some toxins??

You have to take it two hours away from any meds.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a similar history and debated this for years. I finally had my one root canaled tooth taken out a few weeks ago. I do think I feel somewhat better. Not cured, but better. If the climb back to health is like peeling an onion then I feel like this is one less layer for me.

My dentist said that root canals don't get rid of the entire infection. Your immune system has to do the last part. In healthy people, this often works fine. In others it does not. He said he has seen lots of people with chronic ailments improve after getting a root canaled tooth out. OTOH, he said he personally is healthy and wouldn't want to remove his root canaled teeth because they aren't causing him problems.

This made so much sense to me. Some people can handle root canals but I would guess most of us with chronic lyme cannot. For me I am glad I finally did it. Good luck with your decision.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leeintn
Member # 25999

Lymetoo...I have in the past...I could try again..

WP...Wow that's great that you've noticed some improvement !! I hope it continues.... Root canals are infected so it could cause something else lurking to rear its head...I'm wondering if that's what happened to me.

Can I ask you a couple of question? What are you replacing the root canaled tooth with? Bridge or implant? And did you have amalgams removed?

Leeintn
Member # 25999

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james35.htm

Check this out

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have amalgams so thankfully I don't have to deal with that.

I am probably going to get an implant. I have to wait two months post extraction so I haven't gotten there yet. It's apparently a long process and doesn't sound fun. But with a bridge you have to cut down the two healthy teeth around it and I'd like to avoid that.

Thank you for the good wishes! I hope it improves too. Of course, now I caught a virus from one of my kids and feel crappy. So it is always something.

[ 04-30-2016, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: WPinVA ]

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know some improvement for the ones suffering from these horrible root canal stories.

I took 2 off before I could get to lyme remission. It took me still about 2 years to reach remission though (not immediate), but I had a relief when I pulled one infected root canal. The relief was clear, less pressure on my jawbone, no dull pain anymore.

Like WP said, it's like peeling the layers off.

I STILL had more 2 root canals or 3 root canals, that were less infected, and went to lyme remission anyway in 2009.

The problem is that I think my body was very weak after years fighting lyme, decades fighting candida, decades of mercury, etc.

After I came out of lyme in 2009, I never treated my teeth again. Nor lyme.

Then fast-forward 2013, I started feeling my teeth were getting weak, went to check them, and I had then 5 dead teeth!!

The ones with root canals, and others that looked healthy from outside, but died from the root!!!

It was like both jawbones were dying.

I assumed (and so thought my lyme doc) that infection from root canaled teeth were killing other live teeth.

Even without lyme!

The fact was that, after lyme, my body was exhausted, I had a weak constitution, weak immunity, etc, my whole jawbones were being consumed by infections from those root canals. Slowly but surely.

So I had to pull ALL 5 dead teeth (in total, 7 teeth were pulled off, since lyme).

That was a big thing, but an easy decision to do.

Or I fear I would have lost all my teeth and my life, probably (as I started having heart symptoms).

Now, 2016, I have no more trouble with my teeth. They are not super strong, but they don't collapse. I will be soon 50, so something changed the tendency downwards to stabilization.

Whatever you do to make your teeth, jawbone better, is a plus for the body. A burden less.
That is how it feels for me...

And when you start having serious heart problems, like I had, it could be the last sign of warning. Until then, you have time to decide what to do.

I don't think there is hurry for all root canals, specially the ones that died due to accidents (hitting, for example).

They usually take longer to get badly infected (even though, I had at least one like that, and it eventually got badly infected too).

As I said, my jawbone started dying, spreading the problems to other teeth, healthy or dead teeth.

My lyme doc says, he rarely sees people DYING from lyme. But he says, he sees quite often people with or without lyme dying for dead teeth bacteria. That's what he told me.

He was right on the spot with my heart and insomnia. The day one specific dead tooth was out, all my problems almost vanished in less than 48 hours. Totally vanished. It's been more than a year for sure, I'm still fine there.

The hardest part on that all, is more like an aesthetic problem. Or the money side (it costs a fortune).

What to do after your pull them off? Implants are hard for people like me... So I decided on partials, but they do not look perfect.

Anyway, they function well, and I had no other choice. That is what make me think about that positively!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

It's so interesting that you mention insomnia Brussels. I had horrible problems with that in the beginning of Lyme and right after the root canal (which of course could have been due to other things besides the tooth).

The tooth was semi stable for a few years there and the insomnia improved with Lyme treatment.

But then a few months ago, the insomnia started up again. That also correlated with the tooth going bad again with a new cavity. And the insomnia went away after the tooth was pulled. I had wondered if there was a link...

What types of heart issues did you have from your teeth? I have had palpitations.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you do not have those heart symptoms, WP.... That was what scared me, in fact. Of course, insomnia came with all that.

Did you have any high blood pressure too? I did have. A lot of anxiety. The insomnia was crazy, like I had a nightmare every night (but no memory), or something like an electric shock and suddenly waking up. It felt really crazy!

My lyme doctor said it's fairly common and a RED sign to pull the tooth off. Long ago, during lyme, this particular tooth was not too bad (he tested it and let it sit there...).

I think he gave me ozone on that tooth, then I went to South Korea, and never went back to the lyme doctor again.

Yep: palpitations, missing beats, I started to have fast heart beating WITHOUT any physical exercise, just out of blue (no particular emotion before these arrhythmic beats).

I knew my problem was PHYSICAL, not emotional because of the way symptoms were coming (waking up exactly same time, same way, like in a startle).

My heart strange beats didn't follow any particular emotion. It came when I was walking to buy a loaf of bread, any time of the day.

I took that tooth off about 1.5 year ago. Since that day, never I had any of these symptoms again. I don't even know I have a heart (!!!).

I mean, I feel nothing, really [Big Grin]

In my case, it's evident it came from ONE particular dead tooth (the one that died from lyme).

One night, I had a sort of intuition: 'It's my teeth!'. It came like a scream in my mind.

It was the first time I visited my lyme doctor again, after so many years lyme free. He took my feeling seriously, tested energetically and told me: 'You got to treat your teeth immediately¨. and send me to a dentist who discovered I had many more dead teeth.

No apparent problem from outside, they were just dead from inside out.

Today, I'm a firm believer that teeth come before lyme, candida, etc. If you have too bad symptoms, little money, treat teeth first, that is what I think I would do.

Can't you find someone to test for cavitations WP? If cavitations show up, it's not a good sign.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement