LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » electrolytes, hydration, pH control, more oxygen

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: electrolytes, hydration, pH control, more oxygen
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm posting here a simple explanation why regulating electrolytes can help your body:

- take in more oxygen
- make nerve cells communicate better
- reduce the pH of your blood and urine
consequently making it harder for most pathogens to live
- make all muscles work better, including your heart
- make hydration of cells better

It's really EASY and INEXPENSIVE.

I can't find any good explanations in English, so I google translated from this site here.

--------------------------
http://symptomat.de/Elektrolyte

Electrolytes are chemical compounds formed by ions. Electrolytes enable transport of electrical charges due to movement of ions.

------------------
Meaning & Function of electrolytes for the body and health

Electrolytes which play important roles for the human body and its health are also referred to as biological electrolytes.

These biological electrolytes are required for different cell functions.

Examples of electrolytes are, calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a healthy human body, the electrolytes are present inside cells (intracellular electrolytes) and outside the cells (extracellular electrolytes) always forming a certain equilibrium.

This balance of electrolytes, for example, is an important prerequisite for the regulation of water. (hydration of cells)

Many body fluids are steered by electrolytes, such as:
- cerebrospinal fluid,
- bile,
- synovial fluid (joints)
- and liquids that are present in the stomach and intestines.

(Brussels: note the importance then for joints, digestion, and toxin elimination)

--------------------------
In addition, a balance of electrolytes is necessary to regulate the blood pH value.

This value must move within very narrow limits in the healthy body.

When the pH value of the blood is low (acid), the red blood cell pigment (hemoglobin) has then difficulty to transport oxygen, because it gets harder to physically bind oxygen.

(Brussels: who with candida and infections do not have the problem of lack of oxygenation in the blood?)

-----------------------
Furthermore electrolytes play an important role for the functioning and interaction of nerve cells and muscle cells.

Within these two types of cells, the regulation of electrolytes occur through ion canals. These ions pass through cell walls.

(Brussels: it means that if you do not have the right amount of electrolytes, forget about a good nerve function or muscle function.

When you take magnesium for cramps, that is what you are doing, solving the electrolyte problem and then stopping the cramp).

------------------------
conclusion:

To maintain a physical balance of electrolytes, you need right consumption of them through nutrition.

Electrolytes that are not needed by the body are excreted normally.

Various hormones regulate the absorption and elimination of electrolytes.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Problems of lack of electrolytes:

We can lose electrolytes through sweating, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Also through excess of alcohol or due to lack of ingestion of electrolytes.

It can be caused by problems ofglands that produce certain hormones.

Long time problems of lack of electrolytes can cause NERVE SYSTEM problems and HEART problems.

Main electrolytes are calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Ok I'll continue later, saying what you can do (basically it's food control, enzymes, and some mineral salts).

I have to go watch game of thrones now!!!

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you enjoy Game of Thrones - very interested in food control, enzymes and mineral salts!
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Lyme causes how our body stays hydrated. When I first started treatment for Babesia I lost all my water weight and I didn't have any swollen fingers or ankles. When I stopped, it came back, but can't stay on abx forever.

Serrapeptase helps somewhat...along with fasting and drinking fluids all day long.

And salt...good salt.

Good luck..

--------------------
God Bless You! Everything..is just my opinion.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brussels:
Ok I'll continue later, saying what you can do (basically it's food control, enzymes, and some mineral salts).

I have to go watch game of thrones now!!!

Yes, please! You've got me hooked now, would like to hear how to fix this.

Enjoy Game of Thrones!

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Thanks everybody. The show was good! [Big Grin]

-------------------
CONTINUATION:
What to do to solve the electrolyte problem?

Of course, no one-fit solution to everybody (depending on the cause of the problem, constitution etc)...

Some easy ideas to try are:
- increase consumption of veggies and fruits (cooked or not): due to minerals. Just look for a list of 'alkaline foods'. You can also make alkaline teas.

- decrease consumption of animal protein (or mix with veggies, always), as digestion of animal proteins make the body more acid. Of course, sugar also cause strong acidity.

- adding rock salt is an excellent idea to any veggie soup, chicken soup, whatever (do not use table salt, as it is poor in minerals and full of bad chemicals).

These rock salts are rich in minerals, it's like an electrolyte solution in itself. I used to do a liter of water with Himalayan salt during lyme and drank it during the day. It helps also to take any supplement with that water.

- here in Germanic Europe there is something cheap they call Basensalz (alkaline salts), you buy in pounds. You can simply dilute these salts in water, warm is better for dilution.

Calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium and phosphorus, these are the main minerals that the body needs. Best is when they come in organic form. I think most minerals in Germany come in citrate form, but I guess you got to find which compound is better.

- one easy way to know if you are dehydrated: simply pinch your skin on your hand or face, and see if it lets a mark. The skin should be elastic enough not to leave any mark. If the skin goes back slowly, your cells are dehydrated.

Don't fool yourself thinking that only drinking liquids will do the job alone.

You can try it, of course, but if the water has no minerals, if it's full of chlorine and fluoride, if you do not add a bit of rock salt in the water, you'll probably won't get your elastic skin back fast.

- baking soda is an excellent way to get electrolytes and alcaline pH (but not everyone can take a lot of it even though some people do).

- a Sanum product called Sanuvis (easy to take, I do find it sometimes help)
(Pleo Sanuvis improves pH regulation by breaking down and eliminating harmful D(-)Lactic Acid, which tends to accumulate in diseased organs and tumors)

- anything you do for your liver (meaning, taking BITTER plants, foods), will help with the problem of acidity because it's the liver that eliminates most acids and toxins (that cause acidity).

- to get effects directly on skin: foot baths or baths with salts. Some people say only 5 spoons in a bath tube (I would use much more though...).

- chlorella is the magic plant (with anything that supports taking off toxins).

- do liver cleanses with olive oil and lemon from time to time(or anything you think is best, like coffee enemas).

I love my violet ray for the liver, as it does keep liquids moving (bile, liquids from gut, etc).

- take amalgams off (mercury is so bad for any cell, oxidant , etc)

- any antioxidant will help you there too.

Megahydrate is one example, but there zillions other alternatives (even if less strong).

- You can also take these alkaline ionized waters (just buy the equipment), I heard wonderful things about it.

These waters are said to have electrolytes (I suppose you need to have a good water supply at first though, to get all the good mineral ions...) (?)

I haven't read it all, but Mercola speaks about these waters here:
http://www.mercola.com/article/water.htm

Brussels
Member # 13480

I suspect that the violet ray (or any Tesla coil device used for health) or PEMF devices create high ionized fields that somehow help those ion pumps in cells.

I know that my violet ray pushes liquids in an out cells as my mouth gets very dry after it, I feel thirsty etc. Since I started using it, I drink more than double of liquids than before, because I feel thirsty.

I don't know if it dehydrates me or the opposite, but I'm pretty sure it changes the water transport in my body and cells. I almost always need intake of these basic salts, electrolytes, to get improving...

My cells are though dehydrated, as I think I do not take enough 'good' liquids (also because the device pushes my body to detox).

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://themeadow.com/pages/minerals-in-himalayan-pink-salt-spectral-analysis

There are so many ions present in Himalayan salt. It's interesting to see this list...

--------------
This site explains different types of salt...

https://authoritynutrition.com/different-types-of-salt/

Brussels
Member # 13480

I just had an intuition for a sort of mixture of electrolytes and pH control 'remedy'.

We are very sensitive to anything that contain high amount of minerals, it takes us literally years to increase the amount of intake (as we strongly react, as though some minerals, that we lack, were poison).

I'm doing the following now:
- 250ml water
- bits of himalayan salt
- one drop of fulvic acid
- bit of ALL schussler salts (it's an homeopathic product with many essential mineral salts, 'designed' specifically for helping absorption)

I sucuss it all about 200-300 times and sip it 3 times a day. The bottle lasts quite a few days, possibly a week. It feels good, so far.

I had been taking schussler salts + himalayan salt (electrolytes) for a few months. I can't still tolerate pure fulvic acids. So I had done separately an homeopathic dilution of fulvic acids, that I had been taking for a while.

I decided to put them all in the same bottle and check.

Once in the morning, empty stomach, I'm taking a small tea spoon of those basic salts I spoke above, upping mineral intake (these are not homeopathic, and my body is accepting these, with magnesium, calcium etc)

My skin got almost immediately better with this double approach (homeopathic minerals and salts + real minerals and salts in low amounts).

I see my skin got again shining and elastic.

-------------------------------
Names of products here:

- schussler salts: I'm taking something called Drufusan here in Germany, with all schussler salts in one pill

Acidum silicicum,
Calcium fluoratum,
Calcium Phosphoricum,
Calcium sulfuricum,
Cuprum metallicum,
Ferrum Phosphoricum,
Kalium arsenicosum,
Kalium bromatum,
Kalium chloratum,
Kalium jodatum,
Kalium sulfuricum,
Natrium chloratum,
Natrium Phosphoricum,
Natrium sulfuricum

http://www.syxyl.de/druefusan-12-schuessler-salze-in-einer-tablette.html

- fulvic acid: I'm taking an Austrian product, called Moor water (Trinkmoor, from company SonnenMoor in Anthering, Austria)

https://shop.sonnenmoor.at/produkte/moorprodukte/

- Dr. Jacob's Basenpulver: with citrate salts of Citrate of potassium, citrate of calcium, citrate of magnesium, cabonate of magnesium, silica (kieselsaure), citrate of zinc, vit d3

http://www.amazon.de/Dr-Jacobs-Medical-GmbH-NBVPD/dp/B001O1MR50
--------------
Total cost is ridiculously low (as you can take that for very long....)

I think lack of minerals is one of the last steps for regaining better health for me and my daughter...

For some mysterious reasons, we lack minerals BUT our bodies refuse to accept most of them....

I read a book about Schussler salts, and Schussler was saying that 100 years ago, some people ALREADY had problems for mineral absorption!!!! That is when he started using these salts...

Brussels
Member # 13480

I just added that ONE drop of fulvic acids in a bottle 2 days ago (explained above)... I'm still drinking that SAME drop diluted in water.

My teeth got in pain again since yesterday evening, after MONTHS not bothering me.

I wonder if again, I'm not pushing heavy metals out... Usually they come out from my teeth, jaw, joints, nerves always causing me pain.

I hope so, as I can't afford to loose more teeth to root infection....

It could be heavy metals, as I see one of my fingers getting red (it's candida, almost for sure, coming back). I ALWAYS get candida re-activated when heavy metals are loosened... Always!

Can you guys believe that one drop of fulvic acids can do that? Of course, that drop was sucussed, meaning 'potentialized', to become an homeopathic solution....

I feel pretty tired too...

How can someone be so badly toxic? It's been literally A DECADE I'm trying to clean my body of heavy metals........

norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, my LLMD just requested I test to check my electro lights. Maybe cause I'm on the metals detox treatments.
Heading to Mex. to have my amalgams replaced on Monday.

Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohioperson22         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme likes a lower pH, or so it has been said. Just putting that out there.
Posts: 200 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Certainly, lyme does all that (acid pH) and low electrolytes could be due to lack of mineral intake ...

(I posted a video about a statistic comparing mineral intake in the 1950s with about 2000...

We had a drastic reduction in mineral intake due to bad diet and probably, poorer soils...)

EVERYONE with active lyme is concerned about this topic (lack of electrolytes, low pH, lack of oxygenation in the cells and blood, lack of cell potential to function well, blood getting clotted or darker....).

Even the ones without lyme (like myself) but that once had chronic lyme, MAYBE went chronic DUE to these milieu problems.

This topic is so important (lack of electrolytes, cell potential, lack of minerals), and possibly is behind most chronic diseases as one of the MAIN CAUSES of diseases.

------------------------------------------
How to fix the problem is not easy, and I suppose no one has the magic recipe, but you can see that many people here react to ozone, hyperbaric oxygen, enzymes to make blood fluid, PEMF to help increase cell potential, detoxing agents to help increase pH...

In the end, this all takes us to a WHOLE picture of how disease starts, I find.

-----------------------------------

The teeth pains were heavy metals coming from my jaws. I had bad tummy pains that same night, that solved again with high intake of chlorella. This follows, as always, my war-path with chelation. I start to know it by heart after so many years trying to clean my bones, jaws, joints....

So one drop of fulvic acids, with electrolytes on top make that chelation agent that mobilized metals from my jawbones.

Today, no single tooth in pain anymore. So it was not infection, merely toxins coming out.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement