LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Found huge tick on my son. Did I do the right thing!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Found huge tick on my son. Did I do the right thing!?
Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessiep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Removed it. Sent it to Igenix for testing--checked ALL boxes. Got a friend to give us 14 days of doxy ---100 mg a day. I am so freaked! I have chronic lyme. Thought of my 8 to suffering kills me [Frown]
Posts: 342 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Children might not be supposed to take doxycycline. Better check on that for a couple reasons.

and if they can, they must stay out of ALL sun and bounced sun. It can cause terrible burns. Keep torso upright for a half hour after talking and take WITH food, though no calcium foods. and probiotics away from Rx by a couple hours.

Others will be along soon for more detail.

Good that the tick is being tested by Igenex. Too soon to have any test on your son work.

Try to breathe until you get a little more detail. It may be that, if the tick were to have been infected, your son's immune system might launch the right response.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessiep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so freaked out. Dox said doxy ok for 8yo. Only issue is teeth staining and his fronts are in
Posts: 342 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessiep
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35399

I'm so freaked out. Dox said doxy ok for 8yo. Only issue is teeth staining and his fronts are in
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.TreatTheBite.com

Instructions on what to do and how to treat a tick bite. One page instructions that can be printed as handouts for children and one for adults.

You can take them to your local doctor with you.

Sorry you are going thru this. Hoping you all get better soon.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe frequency medicine .?..you did right thing...it may need paired with something...or Andrographis, cats claw etc..

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KH111
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KH111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a tick on my son back in 2014, sent the tick to Igenex and it came back negative for everything. I requested lyme, babs and bart. Well he ended up having lyme and bart. He had an irregular shaped rash not a clear bullseye.

Good that you have him on doxy but keep in mind he could have a co-infection as well. I would get him tested in a few weeks, while keeping him on abx the entire time. For children though they should not be on doxy or mino because it will cause permanent teeth discoloration!! Get him on amoxicillin as soon as you can and it should be at a higher dosage. I don't remember how much he was on initially but when we got to an LLMD he switched him to another abx.

Keep an eye on him, mine didn't show symptoms until 5 days later and tired that was it.

Good luck. He will be fine, just get him tested and treated right away.

Posts: 160 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement