LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » numbness, breathlessness, incredible lower right back and hip pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: numbness, breathlessness, incredible lower right back and hip pain
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i haven't posted in a while and recently all sorts of things have been popping up

1) incredible lower right back and right hip pain, entire lower back feels like the bones are scraping against bone, that would explain the pain but I think the muscles are involved too

2) arms and legs feel numb, then they don't

3) GI acid reflux, sinuses full, discharge clear, but feels like something caught in my throat

4) cough

5) breathlessness, trouble going up stairs and running a few feet to catch a train can wipe me out

6) have been told via ekg that my heart muscle is thickening

7) have had to have some basal cell carcinomas removed

8) had a fibroid removed from the sole of my foot last year, another one has appeared

some of this may be lyme related,some not, but I think it's all part of the same package...

I've gone off all stuff, only taking fiber supplement, I want to slowly reintroduce the aloe vera, the chlorella, the bvitamin the turmeric and curcumin, for some reason I think the problems are related to the b complex or the multivitamin...

but this is bad, it's handicapping me at work...

any ideas...

oh, I forgot I also recently had a video eeg to see if there has been something in the brain that the LYME doc here in nyc can point to when he puts me on a drug so that the insurance company will pay...if there is abnormal activity he says the ins co can't refuse...

I haven't received those results yet

danP

Posts: 277 | From NY | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B complex ... How much B6?

http://women.emedtv.com/vitamin-b6/vitamin-b6-toxicity.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good to know -- thanks Tutu!

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking kidneys/liver/gallbladder with the low back pain. I had a kidney infection at one point that caused incredible low back pain, like a pulled muscle. Just something else to consider.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohioperson22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohioperson22         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DanP:

1) incredible lower right back and right hip pain, entire lower back feels like the bones are scraping against bone , that would explain the pain but I think the muscles are involved too

2) arms and legs feel numb, then they don't

6) have been told via ekg that my heart muscle is thickening

If you spinal issues (arthritis, spinal stenosis, disc issues), those could cause #2.

#6. Have you had an echocardiogram?

Posts: 200 | From Ohio | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bam
Member # 47540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt a lot like you describe when my thyroid replacement dosage was too high. I'm hypothyroid, but became hyperthyroid. The breathing issues were the most bothersome.

It's a far cry, but I thought I'd put it out there for you. Perhaps you should have your thyroid levels checked.

Posts: 28 | From NY | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, thank u for the comments but as the symptoms are getting even worse, I've been doing a lot of research using the terms of my symptoms in Google search

I think this lower back buzzing and tightness and pain that wakes me up and keeps me awake along with all the gi acidity and reflux and gurgling and the mysterious rashes and the eye redness are evidence of autoimmune disease

My gmother had rheumatoid arthritis so maybe there's a genetic thing

My question is who do I see about auto immune disease testing and therapies?

A rheumatologist?

A nyc based dr with a Lyme practice put me through a battery of tests recently and is doubtful of chronic Lyme even tho 12 years ago I had testing from stony brook and igenex that wasn't that positive but did have bands 39 and 41 reactivity

Thank u
DanP

Posts: 277 | From NY | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

Hi, thank u for the comments but as the symptoms are getting even worse, I've been doing a lot of research using the terms of my symptoms in Google search

I think this lower back buzzing and tightness and pain that wakes me up and keeps me awake along with all the gi acidity and reflux and gurgling and the mysterious rashes and the eye redness are evidence of autoimmune disease

My gmother had rheumatoid arthritis so maybe there's a genetic thing

My question is who do I see about auto immune disease testing and therapies?

A rheumatologist?

A nyc based dr with a Lyme practice put me through a battery of tests recently and is doubtful of chronic Lyme even tho 12 years ago I had testing from stony brook and igenex that wasn't that positive but did have bands 39 and 41 reactivity

Thank u
DanP

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement