LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » does lyme cause cancer?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does lyme cause cancer?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have know several people who have lyme that have gotten cancer. ann, sandi, and merrygirl.

ann had hodgkins, sandi brain tumour and now merry.

are we weakened or what? any connection?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you have to change your question to:

Does a weak and messed up immune system causes
- allergies,
- chronic infections,
- cancer,
- overspread inflammation (including gut),

... weakening further the body's system for lack of nutrients?

In my opinion, there is no doubt that there is a link in between all those things above, but it is not lyme to blame, but a messed immune system.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so,messed up immune means no lyme? it's all immune system and if we treat that, lyme will go away?

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A weak immune system means expect to catch anything and everything since your immune system cannot protect you.

So, you have to treat the lyme, cancer, or whatever you now have and also fix the problem of the weak immune system.

Burrascano says to fix the immune system by doing one continuous hour of weightlifting every OTHER day--a full body workout each time. So, do arms, chest, back, abs, buttocks, and legs during that one hour session.

Read in Burrascano how this boosts the immune system and helps you to clear lyme and all other diseases you have.

In addition, Burrascano says NOT to do anything that weakens the immune system including:

aerobic exercise
smoking
drinking alcohol
getting behind on sleep
eating a lousy diet
eating sugar (a sugar soda lowers the immune system for 4 hours)

See p. 27 for his rules of what NOT to do.

Also, take the supplements Burrascano recommends to help strengthen the body (restore what has been depleted that is necessary for the body to work properly)

And, eat raw garlic or Kyolic. Also, vitamin C if your stomach can handle it.

All of this will help get rid of cancer also. These are the rules for having a strong, healthy body.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, the logic is there, like TF said: treat lyme, and treat your immune system at the same time.

Treating the immune system will avoid you to get troubles like cancer, to get more allergies, more infections, more inflammation and go 'auto-immune' all over...

It's not exactly lyme causing the immune system to fail.

The logic is more 'You got chronic lyme because of a failing immune system'.

Of course, having lyme and taking all these chemical drugs will not improve the immune system, and it will go even downwards, still lower. That is why maybe so many get cancer.

But it's not only cancer: it's allergies, inflammation, other infections (not even tick born), mold problems, food sensitivities, etc.

In sum, all caused by immunity problems.

People around me get bitten by ticks all the time and do not fall necessarily ill. Very few fall ill, in fact. Even I am not falling necessarily ill after each tick bite any longer (like before).

In fact, it seems that keeping lyme under control (even with its dozens of co-infections) is not that difficult as we, lyme sufferers, believe (because no treatment work well).

It is in fact, simple. It should be, as we evolved with Borrelia strains (even found in the Oetzi man, of 5000 years ago!).

Cancer should also be simple to keep under control, as it is part of evolution. Our immune system should 'know' how to deal with most of it, as it should know how to deal with chronic infections (as we evolved with them!!).

the main question is: why is our immune system so messed up NOW?

How to improve it?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

I know every time I eat I start sneezing. i 'll sneeze sometimes 10 times. doesnt m atter where or what.

my doctor calls it a histamine response, and no big deal....yeah ok.

but its very embarrassing. also my eyes water and my nose stops up. I jus laugh and say allergies.

I've tested positive for so many things.

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Toxicity is a major component involved in cancer, too. Major. Not just from infection but from "the" environment & "our" environment (and that's a broad canvas), etc.

The body also just gets so worn down with any chronic infection and all systems, organs are affected.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pebbles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pebbles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really good info Brussels and TF. Thanks for sharing. I was wondering about the exercise if you don't have Lyme anymore, I'm so glad you mentioned that it helps in general to build the immune system.

That's where I am right now just trying to build back up my immune system and just started lifting weights a few days ago, but I can only handle it for about 10 minutes, so it's gonna be awhile before I can do an hour.

Posts: 116 | From Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Pebbles! You are on the road to better health.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If h pylori can cause stomach cancer ..then can another spirochettes cause another ..i believe so...some one mentioned how it alter our chemistry ...if one of 2 will get cancer and 9 of 10 have spirochettes

there is a school of thought that the bugs evolve to clean up our toxicity. ..blebs ,then cocci ,proto,spirochettes ,then astrazites ,filarial, and cancer

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Randi, the logic is if we boost our immune system, we're going to do better. For example, many get stem cell injections, which does that, and they get better. That's just one example.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme, Cancer, Inflammation, Doxy Info

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/inflammation-cancer-doxy-lyme

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

It's widely known that some viruses cause some cancers.

Why people 'get' cancer with those viruses while others don't? In my opinion, all goes back to evolution and low immunity.

It is also widely known that most cancer patients are loaded with candida.

Why again? Drs. don't know if candida causes cancer or if cancer lowers immunity further and cause candida infections to progress.

In my opinion, both are right, but in any case , the culprit is again a low immunity.

Haven't you guys wondered why all chronic lyme patients will suffer from candida bouts on and off? Exactly like most cancer patients??

Why everyone fighting lyme for years will fight some viruses that turn chronic?

Or why almost all lyme sufferers complain of intolerances, allergic reactions, excessive inflammation here and there?

It is for me clear that all comes back to the same starting point: problem with the immune system.

What to do to get a better immune system when you got to fight 5 or more active infections, extreme fatigue, brain fog, digestive problems, anxiety, food allergies, and pain?

It's very hard. Lack of TIME to fit supplements in the busy lyme treatment schedule, and lack of ENERGY.

So if your lyme busy schedule and your energy level allow you to work on your immunity, better you do it.

As Kleeber also keeps saying (with some of my own thoughts added),
- sleep well,
- eat well (away with junkies, allergenic foods etc),
- exercise mildly or aggressively, but not excessively (like the Tour de France!)
- do yoga /pilates /taichi / meditation / nice hobby / friends whatever is good for your mind + body,
- avoid chemicals in cosmetics, food, drinks, household,
- treat heavy metals,
- treat hormone imbalances,
- treat your gut and rebuild it
- treat your meridians,
- avoid electrosmog,
- treat your mouth, teeth, the bite, and cavitations and keep the whole mouth clean,
- do your liver treatments,
- your sauna / infrared,
- your biomat /PEMF/ high frequencies,
- your distillate water or ionized water,
- keep your mineral intake,
- your natural allergy treatments,

In sum, take OFF whatever you think may stress your immune system and cause you the cascade of problems you once suffered.

Then you'll probably increase the chances not only of not falling ill with lyme or chronic infections again, but making you less prone to 'catch' cancer.

I say 'catch' cancer because that is how I feel cancer is. Very similar to an infectious disease. More and more research proves that sometimes killers like antibiotics can improve or 'cure' some cancers. Tincup made a recent thread about it.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. I now know why dr. K. says that he'll treat all patients with the same method, no matter what problem the patient has: take away most stressors, give the patient some help with few killers, and the body heals on its own, usually.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Building on Brussels' great post, and all others' above that,

http://www.ewg.org/research/dirty-dozen-list-endocrine-disruptors

Environmental Working Group

Dirty Dozen Endocrine Disruptors

12 Hormone-Altering Chemicals and How to Avoid Them
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement