LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » nystatin question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nystatin question
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoeless joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my tenth day of nystatin,only one pill a day due to severe herxing

My GI tract is really gurgling and moving.

Im having more BMs on the nystatin

Herxing pretty bad.

Here we go with decisions

Is the nystatin clearing yeast out and hence the BMs or a bad reaction?

Anyone have more BMs on nystatin?

Posts: 227 | From fairhaven ma | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's mostly your stomach I would bet you're just killing off candida. You can break that pill in half if you need to.
Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to know. It never gave me diarrhea.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes more bm - diarrhea - gas - gurgling-
Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have some Florastor?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoeless joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks all

Had to take a break the last two days from the nystatin,the herx is just to much.

I will let it clear out and start again.

Willing right now to see what happens.

Im hoping its just clearing out yeast.

It would be nice to see some improvements to know so I will push on as I can.

I have tried florastor

I have tried all strains of propbiotics.

I can't tolerate any of them,herx to bad after after a few days.

Thank you again and all LLMDs should really stress about the effects of antibiotics on the gut more.

Posts: 227 | From fairhaven ma | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I would buy empty capsules and take them apart .. put 1/3 or so in each one. Go from there.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to rule out another possibility ... I think many of those pills have lactose in them. Any chance this is a reaction to lactose?
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

thank you

I went 4 days off nystatin to ease the herx and here I am constipated again.

Started nystatin again today but am going to try one pill every other day.

shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

two nystatin in after the break and Im herxing pretty good again,gut is gurgling and the BMs are back.

It appears to be killing and clearing something.

Gives me some hope

Pressing forward,wondering how long this will take to see improvements and go up on the dose.

Candida is every bit as bad as lyme

Im concerned theres are a lot of lyme patients on antibiotics that have also developed a candida problem and may not know a lot of their symptoms are due to candida.

Please watch your diet and take probiotics if you are on atbx.

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's another anti-fungal that I take if I need to - Clotrimazole, by prescription. It tastes better than Nystatin.
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

Im familiar with the "zole" type antifungals but not that name.

I will look it up,thank you tulips

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I found OLE to be an absolute winner for me against candida overgrowth - far better results than with nystatin, Nizoral (ketoconazole), or even diflucan.

Although at its worst, a start on diflucan was good and then I rolled over to OLE. My liver took a real hit with diflucan, though.

After being off antibiotics for a while and no issue at all with candida, I started back on antibiotics but FIRST, started with OLE for 4 -5 days ahead of the abx. I think that matters a lot so there is no catch up. This method was perfect zero issue with candida at any time.

After slowly working up to it, I took the top dose, 16 x day -- and it was well worth it. Usually, Seagate has a two for one sale, too.

Though nystatin is fairly safe, OLE is much safer on the liver & ears than most of the other antifungal Rx. Some can really damage the liver / ears / vestibular tissues with ongoing use.

OLE has many other excellent properties as well. Some brands are very much inferior, though.

SEAGATE - Be sure to get this very specific brand of Olive Leaf extract (or a brand that uses the same methods of growing, harvesting, processing - there are a few other good ones). Detail:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/115457?#000000

OLE Links
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You might also consider an approach without antibiotics, guided by a LL ND. Many for whom Rx treatment did not work for their bodies - for various reasons - have found help with rife therapy.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS

& "How to Find a LL ND" links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Whether herxing from spirochete treatment or with "die off" reaction with candida, be sure to have on board:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

thank you keebler for all your info

I haven't tried OLE and will keep that in mind.

Nystatin is really keeping my gut moving and I feel something good is going on even though I am herxing.

Ive never had an anti fungal clear me out like this is doing at at a tiny dose.

Im pressing on in hope.

tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Clotrimazole is a lozenge that you dissolve in your mouth - cherry flavored too and it works to clear thrush in one dose for me.
Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by shoeless joe:

Candida is every bit as bad as lyme

Im concerned theres are a lot of lyme patients on antibiotics that have also developed a candida problem and may not know a lot of their symptoms are due to candida.

Please watch your diet and take probiotics if you are on atbx.

-
Amen to that!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement