LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Root Canal or Implant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Root Canal or Implant
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an abscess around a tooth which they tell me is dead. VERY painful. Taking so much Advil. Regular dentist sent me to a endodontist. I told him I am worried about a root canal because of my Lyme.

He told me his wife "had Lymes" and even after treatment still has pain. I tried to say she still has it but got the silent treatment and in too much pain to even speak.

He slit the gum and drained and gave me antibiotics. He told me to come back for root canal. Today I am going for a consultation today with biological dentist who removed my mercury fillings in 2013. This tooth had a mercury filling btw.

I have been reading and am leaning towards getting a dental implant but want to hear from my bio dentist but also may someone on here who had done an implant? Any downside?

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bohomojo
Member # 44000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bohomojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most will say no to an implant but I did get one about 7 years ago (from my mercury free dentist who removed my amalgams) and so far I'm good. The procedure was done when I was pretty sick, too.
Posts: 18 | From Shelby Township, MI | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks bohomojo. I went to the bio-dentist this afternoon. She says the tooth is not dead! I asked why my regular dentist and the endodontist said "dead" for my tooth.

She said that is how they refer to teeth that they feel need root canal or to come out but she has seen people come back from infections such as this.

She is very Lyme literate and gave me things to try. Vit C, colloidal silver and salt rinses, oil of oregano and olive leaf. Said to stay on amoxicillin the endodonist gave me as well since I started it.

But with this much pain, I believe I need to get it extracted since I don't want a root canal. Then eventually maybe an implant.

Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Glad to hear the news of hope for a turn around.

Be sure you have enough Vitamin C throughout the day - for lack of that can cause breakdown of mouth tissue. Glad your doctor recommended that.

In addition to your prescribed Rx for this matter:

SEAGATE has a really nice olive leaf extract non-alcohol tincture that is relatively thick and will coat the mouth for a while.

At night, SEABUCKTHORN OIL (Mountain Rose Herbs) can be helpful to last longer. I mix it with the Seagate OLE liquid.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you can save it. I vote for pulling if necessary too. Not sure my body could handle an implant.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Thank you both so much. I want to save the tooth and am trying but my stomach is going already on the abx and Advil and now all this extra C. Not to mention not sleeping at all.

One funny thing is when this bio-dentist was making the list of the things I should try, I was like got it, got that, got that too. She looked at me like I was a bit crazy even for her. But hey I have TBDs for 30+ years and am still vertical - most of the time.

The latest thing I was doing is a heavy metal detox (Anthony William). Was seeing great results when I suddenly got a horrible cold and then this tooth infection. Interesting...

bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is nutzo...my nurse friend does full bee sting in her mouth has stopped cavitations ...i have just some taps with stingers ...there is a clorine dioxide rinse called closys if you dont also have it on hand ...propolis has helped too..the green brazilian kind is hard core

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Not ready for the bee stings but will look into the closys and propolis! Thanks blue!
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, interesting that you got the "infection" when you were doing a heavy metal detox. You also got a "cold".

Could it be that the heavy metal detox is making things come out faster than your body can handle and it's causing some massive drainage and infection?

I got a kidney infection once when I detoxed with a perfectly clean diet for a month and did advanced Pilates 5 days a week that month. Why did I get "infection" when I was the healthiest I had been in years? I spent 4 days in the hospital on IV rocephin for that infection.

I don't know what the correlation is, but it's something to think about.

Are you binding the metals? I'm chelating again myself (do we ever get to the end of chelation? seriously?) and am using zeolite powder because I'm allergic to chlorella. I'm also using liposomal glutathione, cilantro and replacing minerals. Taking fish oil. Is there a piece of the heavy metal work that you're missing?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agre with Sixgkids. During sucessful heavy metal detox, i ALWAYS get some activated infection somewhere.

Always, almost no exception.

The infection may be a fungal infection. It happened so many times to me that I now SWEAR by the direct relation between heavy metals and infections.

I would try DIRECT OZONE injections to try to save the tooth. They are powerful, even though not 100% warranty.

Vit C destroys my gut too... I can't take a lot. If someone could do the iv Vit C for you, would also be great!

As for root canal: forget about it. Sooner or later, they may turn out to be death guns.

As for implant: if you are pretty young and have good bones, and NO CAVITATIONS, your bone may be strong enough to hold the implant. Most of lyme sufferers have weaker jawbones, and the implant may fall later.

On top, never put titanium in your mouth. All drs. following dr K say titanium is very bad.

I can test myself energetically, and certainly, titanium tests poison for me. Unfortunately.

Try something like zirconium (more bio compatible).

--------------
Six, I wonder how long we have to keep on chelating... I guess it's a non stop process.

I cooked a nice curry last week, put LOADS of cilantro seeds in powder inside. In a few days, my daughter and I were pouring heavy metals off!

It's more than 10 years for us, we're still detoxing heavy metals. The proof is that all symptoms stop after the first high dose of chlorella. Our problem is starts always in the stomach, with pains or anxiety.

I'm still on DROPS of fulvic acids (about 2 drops a week, no kidding).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Appreciate your advice Brussels about titanium. The endodonist mentioned my bones are strong but he is the same person who said mercury fillings are fine. He even felt they might be healthy for people. Not kidding! No root canal. That's for sure now.

I did get Ozone injections yesterday. Maybe that is why I am doing a bit better today. I can't do IV C while working but I am taking as much oral as my stomach is allowing.

Six I am fully convinced there is a correlation between this intensive metal detox that I had started a few weeks before these two back to back infections. Maybe the viruses and bacteria are held in place by the metals? Who knows. I only know I hadn't had a cold in like 10 years before this one. And never had an abscess.

But there is good news. Last week after the cold was ending and before the tooth infection started, I noticed my Lyme symptoms got much much better. I would be thrilled right now if I didn't have so much mouth pain. Not to mention looking like a squirrel hording nuts for the winter. Actually, I am pretty happy to have so much less neuro stuff going on. It feels goooood!

I am following Anthony William metal detox. He doesn't believe in Lyme and frankly he seems crazy but my practitioner told me to get the book. His protocol is cilantro, dulse (seaweed thing), spirulina, barley grass and wild blueberries (frozen all I can find.)

http://goop.com/a-heavy-metal-detox/

Then my practitioner told me to also take edta suppository once a week, fulvic acid everyday and charcoal to bind everyday. Not sure about Chlorella. Anthony William seems to think it drops the metal before it leaves the body. I don't know how he knows this. Of course he believes Spirit talks to him so maybe that's how he knows.

I have now slowed down a bit on the detox. I don't want to lose the progress I've made but I don't want to keep getting these infections. I think all heck broke lose when I starting making cilantro smoothies. Now I went back to just eating it.

Going to oral surgeon tomorrow. I wonder if he would be interested in my metal detox? Probably not.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome.

As for mercury being fine, well, it depends how he sees the problem!

Long ago, many people took mercury to kill bacteria, such as syphilis. The problem was that, at a certain point, it ended killing up the person.

While it killed the bacteria, it killed also human cells. You can call that a benefit, depending on how you see it.

Same logic today for cancer therapies!

Or even antibiotic therapies (kill bad bacteria while killing all the bacteria that helps your immune system).

----------------------------------
If the dentist thinks plutonium is fine, well, mercury is then also fine!

Plutonium is said to be the most poisonous metal for us, followed by mercury as number 2.

I wonder if dentists will not push plutonium instead of mercury for fillings.

There must be some advantage in that, I'm sure. It depends for whom!!! [Big Grin]

Radiotherapy radiation and chemiotherapy substances are also said to be fine.

I guess, it REALLY depends on the point of view.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a Dr K article recently that said pathogens are definitely held by metals. This past week I have felt fluish with my heavy metal release. I no longer deal with Lyme, so it's unusual for me to feel this way.

Dr. K also says emotions are tied up with metals. He said unless you release the emotions then the metals won't release. That's what happened with me. I addressed a major emotional/psych issue to do with past abuse and the metals started flowing, the viruses with them. I probably wouldn't have believed the emotional tied up the metals and the metals the viruses if I hadn't experienced it!

I am allergic (ART tested) to chlorella, so it's not an option for me. I wish I got the same relief from the zeolite that you're getting from the chlorella, Brussels! But I think it's more the viruses making me feel bad. I also think the metals are stressing my kidneys. My dad has kidney issues, so I think it's an inherited weakness for me.

I've recently read that hydrangea root is good for kidney support (has also been found to help with autoimmune disease). I started taking it for kidney support yesterday. I've also started taking ginger for the same reason.

I've seen that page Cockapoo, it's a good one. Ironically, i eat a cup of wild blueberries every day and have for months. I crave them. I chuckled when I read the article. I also use spirulina in my smoothies a couple days a week.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sixgoofykids:

I got a kidney infection once when I detoxed with a perfectly clean diet for a month and did advanced Pilates 5 days a week that month. Why did I get "infection" when I was the healthiest I had been in years? I spent 4 days in the hospital on IV rocephin for that infection.

I don't know what the correlation is, but it's something to think about.

-
What if it's oxalates? High oxalates can affect the kidneys and throw our bodies into chaos.

A "healthy" diet is usually high in oxalates and they can be very toxic.

http://getfit.jillianmichaels.com/list-foods-high-oxalates-1587.html

http://www.childrensdayton.org/cms/resource_library/nephrology_files/5f5dec8807c77c52/lithiasis__oxalate_and_diet.pdf

http://lowoxalateinfo.com/top-six-reasons-why-some-people-accumulate-high-levels-of-oxalate/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow .. just found this:

https://selfhacked.com/2016/07/27/15-inflammatory-substances-naturally-found-plant-based-foods/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Lymetoo, interesting. I didn't have any kidney stones, it was an infection. What I read at those links was that oxylates cause kidney stones.

--------------------

Brussels
Member # 13480

Sorry Six, for your kidney issues. I hope you are NOT doing too much of the violet ray, as I do detox horribly through urine when I do that.

Or any PEMF therapy...

It's a pity you can't take chlorella. I do take it all over when I travel, just in case. What about MSM? It also felt good to me (though bitter).

Detox and infections are totally linked, I agree. For me, mostly, are fungal infections that pop up after successful chelation.

----------------------
Tutu, the info on oxalates is interesting for kidney stones.

But the rest (on toxicity of fruits, etc), I think it's nonsense.

Did you read Buhner's books on chemicals in plants?

One plant has usually hundreds of chemical molecules, sometimes it climbs to thousand!!

he said it is nonsense to analyze chemicals separately, to see what they do. They never come alone, and it is more the interaction that counts.

He clearly said that some chemicals are there to CANCEL the action of another chemical molecule!!! Or to attenuate it.

Did you see how gorillas eat poisonous plants to get rid of parasites? Well, we do that all the time with our chemical medicine: taking toxic chemicals to heal from something.

The gorillas do that too, but they do not go to the pharmacy. They search for poisonous plants, eat them, sometimes they do not chew them.

They take it in small amounts, enough to help them kill the parasites.

They do not die, because they do not take too much. But parasites do die.

If you really think a plant is an addition of individual chemicals, and that we should care for each of them (like thousands in ONE PLANT sometimes), well, I do not think there is ANY PLANT on the planet in which ALL CHEMICAL components are not toxic.

They need toxicity for survival (some toxicity, so that some animals do not exterminate them, or bacteria, viruses, whatever).

What matters, according to Buhner, is the interaction of chemicals, not the single chemicals in a plant, because they always come in combination.

You can bet that no one in the planet is able to study even a SINGLE plant, because the sheer number of chemical combinations become impossible to be analyzed in a lifetime.

Now, all this research on SINGLE CHEMICALS do make sense in PHARMA products, because that is what they are: single chemicals. That is not the case for ANY PLANT whatsoever. A plant is not the addition of individual chemical component!!

it is a bit like saying the Cl in NaCl is toxic, so do not take salt (or something like that).

Plants and us, we evolved TOGETHER. Researchers think they are smart in separating chemical components individually to see how toxic these can be.

We should demand them to study all the BILLIONS of relations between chemical components. And not only in vitro, but in vivo, because that is what we care.

Guess then what? No one will do it, because it is not timely possible.

After a couple of Buhner books, I see plant research in a VERY different way than pharma individual chemical research.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Thanks, Brussels. I'm not doing the violet ray right now. It just doesn't feel right with all that's going on.

Interestingly, I've started taking hydrangea root. The native Americans used to take it for kidney health, particularly stones. It also has been found to help with autoimmune disease and other things. I started it a couple days ago, felt horrible from it yesterday (I actually thought I was catching my daughter's stomach bug), then today my back pain has lessened.

I've only just started it, so we'll see. It's funny to me that after all these years, it's the first time I've heard of it.

--------------------

high brix
Member # 23676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for high brix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Root Canal Cover-Up by Dr. George E. Meinig
http://ppnf.org/product/ppnf-member-specials/root-canal-cover-up/

"Learn how hidden bacteria in teeth cause side effects that can endanger your life. Discover how germs trapped in teeth and tonsils mutate and metastasize like cancer cells and how these bacteria migrate to heart, kidney, eyes, brain, arthritic joints and countless other body tissues.

Learn how Dr. George discovered that a meticulous 25 year research program conducted by WESTON A. PRICE, DDS, under the auspices of the AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION”S RESEARCH INSTITUTE, was buried by disbelievers of the focal infection theory."

Posts: 58 | From east coast | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to share that my biodentist just sent out an email to his patients saying he now has zirconia ceramic implants, as an apparent improvement over metal implants.

Just another option to consider.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement