LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chiropractor Treatments

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chiropractor Treatments
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many Lyme patients have found relief through chiropractors. Our children with chronic Lyme, many disabled, often use chiropractic treatments to help them be able to move, walk and function. (They've saved my life, for sure.)

I've been asked to share this petition and ask for signatures- probably the easiest petition I've ever signed.

Medicare Coverage for Chiropractic Treatments

"Studies have shown that essential services provided by doctors of chiropractic (DCs) can help aging Americans live healthier and happier lives, yet every day our nation's seniors [and the disabled] are being unjustly denied full access to Medicare covered services by doctors of chiropractic that could improve their quality of life.

Why? Because the federal government continues to rely on an antiquated statute that discriminates against Medicare’s chiropractic patients by not covering medically necessary and mandated services delivered by DCs."

Sound familiar to the Lyme situation?

Link to American Chiropractic Association Petition Here

http://cqrcengage.com/aca/app/sign-petition?8&engagementId=135893

Thank you very much!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that was very easy to sign. Less than a minute. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Tincup.

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just signed it. Chiropractor has helped me a lot. When she is done working on me, I can feel the toxins being released. I think they get locked in the joints.

Wish my insurance would cover it, but since it is considered "maintenance treatment" and not do to a physical injury, it doesn't.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to you me and you hiker! Appreciate it very much.

Yes, hiker, if they'd pay for our treatments at chiropractic their overall regular medical bills would go down. Sorry you have to pay for it.

Chiropractors were and still are in many places, stomped on by traditional medical professionals. They have had a HARD time being accepted which is such a shame.

If we can help them help us, it is a good thing all around.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alisandne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alisandne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused. Medicare used to allow 12 chiropractic visits per year at the discretion of the patient, but a few years ago changed the policy.

Now Medicare will pay only if the patient is in pain following an "event." But they do pay.

Posts: 117 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using the Joint Chiropractic for
over a year- they are Awesome --
it is a National chain that has locations all over the
country-

costs me $50 total for 4 visits a month-
No appointment needed - just arrive - Fast -

Very Good -

each visit is around 5 to10 minutes long and Doctors are trained and licensed chiropractors-

the location I go to has 2 chiropractors at this office
but I like one DR better than the other -

the Joint has a first visit special - look them up online-

From my experience I recommend trying them
--------------------------------------------------

Also I had gone to another chiropractor that I
found in the phone book --
2 visits and $160 later -
I figured out that this chiropractor
was a Total scam -

I got 100% Ripped Off buy this scam artist -
Fake Xray --- No Receipts --- Scam ---

It would have taken Years to get Well at this place --

Name of Scammer -- Wellness Living Center -
austin tx --100% Scam -

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info! I'm not very familiar with the benefits of a chiropractor for people with Lyme. Can someone help educate me on how this helps people with Lyme and cos beyond helping relieve back/neck pain and realignment? Id love to know more.

Also, I sincerely doubt that there are any chiropractors near me that believe in chronic Lyme. How important is it for a chiropractor to be Lyme literate?

What are the risks and benefits?

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doubt if it matters if chiropractor knows anything about lyme- mine knows I have lyme but it is because I told him when having chit chat with him -
Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grakay
Member # 48057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grakay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Signed.

My chiropractors are amazing. One of them actually has a family member who suffers from Lyme. I am lucky.

Adjustments always make me feel better, less nerve-pain and muscle-pain.

I pay for it 100% out of pocket and it is worth every single penny.

Posts: 49 | From CO | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement