LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Insomnia hex - how long?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Insomnia hex - how long?
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My herx always seems to be untouchable insomnia which leads to serious mental instability. My question is

How long will the insomnia last before I resume my normal level of insomnia?

I've tried 3 drugs. Minocycline--horrible insomnia leading to suicidal thoughts

Ceftin-- did ok on, but can't just be on ceftin forever and cure this thing.

Dr. Added doxy to the ceftin and sure enough untouchable insomnia.

Do not want to give up. If I can't make it through treatment, I will never get better.

If I don't sleep, I won't make it through treatment.

Sleep dr. Has me on clonazapam and seeing sleep psychologist for behavior ...

Neither help when I am going on antibiotics.

Any help is welcome.... does it get better? Should I just keep going?

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right you won't get better if you can't sleep no matter how many abx you're on. For this and other reasons, not everyone can handle abx. Some people find a patch (sleeping pill that works for them) but some aren't successful with them and choose a different route.

Not sleeping can also be from too many toxins from the die off. Have you tried coffee enemas yet? They work great.

Don't convince yourself if you only do abx you will never get better (self full filling prophecy). There are many people who have gone different routes and they are better. I have friends and also met people who did different things to treat and they are much better, so consider alternative treatment.

I hope someone who has also been on abx and had exactly what you are experiencing can help you. Hang in there!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks catgirl. It feels like I'm on a merry go round that I can't get off of. BLAH.. I just need to find a way to move forward.
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sleeping well for the first time in probably 15 years!

I believe the silver bullet for me was amalgam removal although I started trazadone around the same time.
Give trazadone a try.
I hope this helps.
Not sleeping is the truest horror of TBD

Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am allergic to most antibiotics and need to treat another way.

I am doing several natural anti-inflams to take down the load of free radicals created by the infection. Also, I think one of my natural inflammatories, turmeric, might be treating the infection.

Of course, none do the knock-out job that antibiotics and herbs can do, like the Buhner herbs, for example, but it's something to consider - another way to go for a little while and see how you do.

My natural anti-inflams are turmeric powder that I put in capsules, mangosteen juice, noni juice and grapeseed extract capsules.

I also take Vit D drops, Vit C, Host Defense - that's 17 mushrooms - good for the immune system. Magnesium is highly recommended for Lyme patients. Armour thyroid made me feel present again - I tested low in thyroid.

Just mentioning all this to say there's various ways to treat, and more even. I've done a lot more than this even and much of it has been helpful.

We're all different in how we respond to anything.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, I discovered, after trial and errors that...

No binders = no sleep.

No binders = night terrors. And day terrors.

No binders = high blood pressure, irregular heart beat.

No binders = anxiety to the top, crying sometimes, angry MOST of the times.

No binders = gut with loads of problems

No binders = tinnitus got much worse

No binders = air hunger (once I got my whole body paralyzed after a terrible air hunger attack). It felt like dying. I ended up in hospital, of course, they found nothing wrong with me.

Since that day, I learned my lesson: while killing (abx, herbs, homeopathy OR ANY method), I just add binders, at least 3 times a day.

In worse days, I took binders about 7 times!

I followed that for the whole time lyme disease treatment lasted. Until lyme was no more with me.

Today, I still take binders, but not every day.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Norcal, insomnia really is horror. I had all my amalgam fillings replaced about 6 weeks ago.

Robin123, I may have to try other things than antibiotics, but would like to see if I can somehow....hmm, but need to consider other things.

Brussels, what Binders do you take? Do they make you constipated? I would like to give that a try.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I can not tell you what this site and the people who care have done for me.

This is a hard scary world to enter with lots to learn. Thank you for being my teachers.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, if you took off your amalgam 6 wks ago, you may be filled with mercury (gut, liver, lymph). Aren't you having gut problems? I had terrible problems immediately after amalgam removal... Bloating, pain, diarrhea.

My usual binders are simply: chlorella, bear garlic and MSM. Lately, I found Megahydrate, I do find it is also working like a binder.

I took them in huge amounts, non-stop, during the whole time I treated lyme.

Without that, I felt I didn't belong to the human race... I felt more like a rug or an angry dog.

I never had constipation in my whole life. My problem was usually the opposite...

the binders help to regularize the gut, in my case. It's not constipation, it's just normal bowel movements.

with binders, I felt almost normal!! I could even interact, talk to people without biting them!

And I could sleep and sometimes feel very relaxed again.

With active infections, it is hard to feel relaxed, have you noticed that?

Your body is in attack mode. But what makes a lot of that feeling, are toxins, and not necessarily infections!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Brussels, thank you for the info. I ordered some chlorella and am excited to start.

I'm sure mercury is an issue and yes I've had gut problems this whole time..... hopefully chlorella will help that too.

I HAVE noticed the inability to relax. I always feel like I'm in fight zone. People try to tell me just relax and rest. Even when I'm laying down, my body just feels achy and on edge.

Thank you again. . . .

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement