LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » morning nausea

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: morning nausea
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as soon as my eyes open, I head for the bathroom. the nausea is overwhelming. then I have diahrrea.
dizzy too. I have to hold onto thingscause I've actually into the,wall. how??? inust walked into it. wham..

nothing seems to help.

dr gave me zofran but only 10 pills. said I'd have to find something else. eyes and ears ok.

I hate this.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything you're doing differently at night?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope. the dr did give me a combo of ativan and elavil to help me sleep.

makes me a zombie tho.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how long have you had the nausea?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious - does the nausea and dizziness go away after you've been up awhile?
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

I've been on ativan for months. it seems to getbl better after I eat and stay up for awilebut sometimes it comes on during the day.

diabetes maybe??

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I don't know.

Ativan is very addictive, so keep those levels low. Once you get hooked on it, your body will be asking for more and more of it for the same effect.

Ask your doctor to find the cause of the nausea, that's for sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You had your heart checked recently, didn't you??

One of our friends had a heart attack a few months ago and his ONLY symptom was severe nausea.

http://deveev.com/health/read-the-signs-a-month-before-the-heart-attack/?uid=3&PID=362

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked with my chiropractor today and he said if the atlas vertebra - C1 - is subluxated, that can cause dizziness. If C2 is subluxated, that can cause nausea.

And Lyme patients, in particular, can have spinal problems since Lyme attacks the joints, soft tissues and nerves.

Any chiropractor we see needs to be really good at checking and adjusting the neck. This cannot be done by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Believe you me, I've been through a lot of the latter kind, and now ONLY see chiros who are great at upper cervical adjusting.

If it has anything to do with the neck, the relief happens very quickly.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc told me viral biotoxins really cause hepatic stress.

I'm not using the right lingo here, but basically, same thing with me. Super nauseated, not able to vomit, almost become faint, then get crazy diarrhea and feel better.

Like a hangover every morning but without the booze as a cause.

Overburdened liver is what I was told was the cause of this for me.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a completely different take on it...just something to consider. I was having this issue. I felt weird in the morning...kind of uncomfortable and a bit anxious due to how my stomach felt.

Then I would get up and have diarrhea. Sometimes I would have to go twice urgently. I used to have what I call normal IBS symptoms since I've been sick with Lyme but this has now gone further.

I can't believe you posted this and are having this problem because I just wrote about this under earthing and grounding subject! I had the diarrhea for about 5 months and then had a colonoscopy and endoscopy about a month ago. They found some irritation but it was mostly normal.

I had asked for biopsies to be done for h pylori and histamine activation syndrome. I think the test was CD117. The results were that I had lymphocytic colitis....which basically just means inflammation that only shows on microscopic examination.

It does not lead to cancer and can be caused by infection, drugs,,,and I can't remember what else. The doc had me take 14 days of peptobismal because it contains bismuth and this is supposed to treat h-pylori (even tho they couldn't find it on the biopsy). Bismuth has also been found to treat gastro Lyme.

Well the pepto didn't do anything till there was three days left of treatment and then I improved. BUT....I had also taken antihistamines those last three days.So....I am not sure what worked. Histamine intolerance can cause your symptoms and mine. Check out the earthing and grounding post for the rest of the story.

I had to have my husband come home from work today because I was so dizzy, nauseous, and chills with shakes. Took a doxy and an antihistamine and temp is now 97 instead of 96 and I feel better. Not sure what did it . Check out histamine intolerance.

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Daystar and randi:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=036299;p=0

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.....I was excited to find this today

Borrelia burgdorferiSpirochetes Induce Mast Cell Activation and Cytokine Release

Jeffrey Talkington and
Steven P. Nickell*

+ Author Affiliations

Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131

Next Section
INFECTION and IMMUNITY
ABSTRACT
The Lyme disease spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi, is introduced into human hosts via tick bites. Among the cell types present in the skin which may initially contact spirochetes are mast cells. Since spirochetes are known to activate a variety of cell types in vitro, we tested whether B. burgdorferi spirochetes could activate mast cells.

We report here that freshly isolated rat peritoneal mast cells or mouse MC/9 mast cells cultured in vitro with live or freeze-thawed B. burgdorferi spirochetes undergo low but detectable degranulation, as measured by [5-3H] hydroxytryptamine release, and they synthesize and secrete the proinflammatory cytokine tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α).

In contrast to findings in previous studies, where B. burgdorferi-associated activity was shown to be dependent upon protein lipidation, mast cell TNF-α release was not induced by either lipidated or unlipidated recombinant OspA.

This activity was additionally shown to be protease sensitive and surface expressed. Finally, comparisons of TNF-α-inducing activity in known low-, intermediate-, and high-passage B. burgdorferi B31 isolates demonstrated passage-dependent loss of activity, indicating that the activity is probably plasmid encoded. These findings document the presence in low-passage B. burgdorferi spirochetes of a novel lipidation-independent activity capable of inducing cytokine release from host cells.

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes indeed.

More....

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=133927;p=0#000000

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement