LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone have rashes like this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have rashes like this?
daystar1952
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks....Just wondering if any of you have had hive like individual red marks from Lyme, babesiosis or bartonella? They are itchy, often maybe the size of dimes but size varies. They emerge from under the skin, become more red, sometimes ooze fluid, then crust over. The redness fades over a week or so and then dark marks or scars appear that will usually disappear after a few months. I seem to only get them from April through September. Here are photos at this link of what it can look like. I only get several at a time and not as many as the top photo. https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/children/rashes-and-symptoms Does anyone know what could cause these? Could it be a virus?
Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second pic, the one with the big red welts, I had a big red welt like that after being bit. It was itchy too. A few months later I went downhill. Do you think April through September you are getting bit? Nymphs are so tiny. Maybe it's just lyme resurfacing.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which antibiotics are you on? Any chance it could be an allergic reaction to an antibiotic?

Or perhaps to something else? The fact that you only get them in the summer seems suspicious to me. Could you be reacting to a sunscreen or to a chemical in a pool?

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have these i think it is Bart, borrelia. Derm said it was acne vulgaris...wanted to do humira...oil of oregano seems to get em...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my cousin had those and it went away with Lyme treatment. I agree that it might be a type of acne.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...interesting everyone. I am not on any antibiotics now. These outbreaks come from inside...not an outside bite.

They itch like hives and at first that's what you think they are. I was wondering about bart also. WP in VA....I think it might have something to do with histamine, other allergies in the environment and heat and humidity.

This isn't too say that Lyme or bart is not an underlying cause of a histamine reaction tho. It's just all so complicated and it seems so silly to have to spend most of one's life trying to figure it all out. CRAZY!

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, myself, would use this:

http://www.hylands.com/products/hylands-poison-ivy-oak-tablets

and would not suppress it from the outside.

I know it is not poison ivy but the remedy heals this:

"Active Ingredients | Purposes:

Rhus Toxicodendron 6X HPUS: red, swollen eruptions with itching

Croton Tiglium 6X HPUS: itching, oozing eruptions

Xerophyllum 6X HPUS: itching, stinging, burning inflammations"

I can find it at any health food store for a few bucks.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first started getting sick with lyme, I got a total of 13 red spots similar to what you show in the pictures.

They came on my legs. It took about a week to 10 days for all 13 to appear. I know they were not individual tick bites. I would see more each day.

They itched like mad!!!!! They lasted a long time, just as you say. They were all about as large as a nickel.

So, I think that this is one way a lyme infection can manifest. And, of course, the page with the pictures is saying the same thing.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
While this thread is a bit dated, I just stumbled upon it.

And it's been about ten years since this -- still, for the record in case this might help others -

Some similarities to TF's post above in number and itch factor.

Photo #2: exactly like what I would get in reaction to doxycycline.

I tried several times, 3 at least with a month apart from each trial

(as for a time, taking one doxycycline would lessen hyperacusus and sound trigger startle seizure so that I could go out for a song circle. I could no longer tolerate doxycycline though and the similar minocyine made me too sick with vertigo, although the mino did not seem to bring up those rashes other than maybe slightly).

and no other Rx - so I know this was the doxycycline.

I had taken doxycline before and did fine with it. Stopped it for a while due to access and comprehensive approach. At some time I did use flagyl with it but not at the time of these rashes.

For the record, though, I've dealt with lyme & other TBD but never really got proper treatment.

Back to rashes: seriously - within 20 minutes from taking the doxycycline they would start to raise and itch terribly.

A few would start to pop up very soon - the others would all be there within maybe six hours and full intensity the next day.

My GP at the time said it would be impossible for an allergy to show in that short of time. I did not bother to discuss how - it it was lyme related - it might.

[Still, though, why couldn't an allergy show in 20 minutes' time. He seemed to think that it had not had time to process in the body. But, if it started dissolving right away, the body could get an allergy signal. Yet, I think it was not allergy but lyme reaction. I had no LLMD so just kept that all to myself.]

The rash "rounds" would increase in warmth and itch and last for a week or two and then gradually diminish - and then turned grey . . . smarting like a bee sting of maybe two day's prior.

It took months for them to disappear yet still very tender at those middle points.

I had taken doxycline for some time before that -- but not immediately near the time this rash started.

I determined I cannot chance another dose of it. This was years ago - maybe ten years or so.

Thoughts: could be that doxycline brought "out" the borrelia reaction and these were

Multiple, so-called “satellite” rashes may appear on different parts of the body. . . . [see link below]

Each time, I would get between 10 - 13 of these. With subsequent times, they would appear in EXACTLY the same places - and a few others.

Mine were only on torso and thighs.

I do recall some tick bites & attachments in past years / decades in some of the rash locations (for what that might be worth)

Each about 1.5 - 2.00 inches with the center much more inflamed as if carrying some fluid but I dare not pushed on it.

Of course, size and (other things) may vary person to person

and I think other Rx could also "bring these up to the surface"

or even no Rx at all if the lyme was just inclined to do this.

I will say the intensity of the sharp & burning ITCH was so horrible and nothing helped. It felt like it went deep into the nerves below the rash circles.

I tried 3 x, though, as it's also horrible to not be able to go out at all. For 3 nights, at least, I got to be with people. The price was just too high.

Obviously, for anyone else with such a rash, I strongly encourage getting to a LLMD or LL ND for a full assessment and fully proper and comprehensive protocol ---

This is a very clear indication that decisive action be taken. My wish is that anyone who has these kinds of rashes will be able to access the needed medical care and support methods.

Liver support is vital as the liver can also make skin issues worse when the liver is overwhelmed with toxins.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=11:rashes&Itemid=331

From The Lyme Disease Association site

Resources - Medical Photos

- Rashes include Lyme, bartonella and other tick-borne diseases (TBD)

http://www.lymedisease.org/lyme101/lyme_disease/lyme_symptoms.html

Lyme Disease; Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment, diagnosis and prevention of this tick-borne illness.

. . . rashes can mimic spider bite, ringworm, or cellulitis. Multiple, so-called “satellite” rashes may appear on different parts of the body. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me that rash looks like something in the HHV family (Human herpesvirus). I would suspect Roseaola, which is HHV6. People seem to be particularly prone to HHV viruses when killing spirochetes. The body becomes more acid, and the protein levels seem to be right for the viruses to proliferate.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement