LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Healing with no antibiotics.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Healing with no antibiotics.
sardavis
Member # 48690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sardavis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone. Can anyone please give me some hope.

I can't take antibiotics and really need to know if there's other ways of healing from this.

I will do any diet and take herbs...etc.

Please share what has helped you and the cost. I am seeing a LLMD next week that is open to other forms of treatment...I think.

Thanks so much.

Posts: 24 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sardavis
Member # 48690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sardavis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sardavis:
Hi everyone. Can anyone please give me some hope.

I can't take antibiotics and really need to know if there's other ways of healing from this.

I will do any diet and take herbs...etc.

Please share what has helped you and the cost. I am seeing a LLMD next week that is open to other forms of treatment...I think.

Thanks so much.

Posts: 24 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try Rife.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FIR sauna. Lyme and friends hate it. Also parasite treatment was major for me.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sardavis, it's not just one thing. Every little thing I've done has helped. Each one got me to another level (confused the bugs maybe). I've done so many things I'm not sure I can remember them all:

amalgam removal (necessary to detox heavy metals) $$$$
Detox heavy metals and mold
parasite treatment
ondamed (85 a session)
FIR sauna $15 a session
acupuncture
Buhner herbs
homeopathics
PEMF
ionic foot baths ($15 a session)
coffee enemas
I know I'm forgetting something, sorry.

So I just keep trying new things. Each time I try something new it seems to hit another layer, meaning I slowly progress. Without a doubt though, parasite treatment and coffee enemas made a huge difference for me. Detoxing is major when it comes to lyme. Just as important as any herb or abx.

Hang in there sardavis, there is so much more than abx. Don't feel like the alternative stuff is second best. It's not. IMO it's better. :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sardavis
Member # 48690

Hey there. Thanks for the info. Do you mind me asking you what your diet is like?

I am avoiding sugar, grains, gluten, alcohol, but still eating some dairy. Mostly following a keto-style diet.

Does this sound okay? I've been doing this for a while, along with epsom salt baths.

WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl's list is great!

I have a friend who used the Cowden herbal protocol and got well. The prices are on the Nutramedix website.

An alternative is Buhner - he has several books.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
­­-­­
When considering herbal / nutritional / adjunct methods, because lyme is so very complex & unique, as are possible coinfections:

if at all possible - because each person & each case is different - it's best to consult with an ILADS-educated LL ND (lyme literate naturopathic doctor) (or similar) who has completed four years of post-graduate medical education in the field of herbal and nutritional medicine -

- and someone who is current with ILADS' research & presentations, past and present, and has completed the ILADS Physician Training Program (see: www.ilads.org )

so they really know all they can about the science of lyme . . . how lyme (& other TBD) act and what we can do about that in various ways. Proper ASSESSMENT of not just lyme but coinfectoins is vital. Someone trained by ILADS is best to assess.

Many LL NDs incorporate antibiotics (depending upon the licensing laws in their state). Some LLMDs and LL NDs have good working relationships.

When possible, it's great to have both a LLMD and LL ND and even better when they have a long-standing professional relationship.

For those considering complementary support methods / or other avenues entirely:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Herbal Safety considerations & reference books; etc.

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees who all have this basic approach in common:

knowing which methods offer assertive & direct impact, which are only support and which are both. And when to use what, how to combine, & when to step back.

You can compare and contrast many approaches with links to articles, books, methods . . .

BODY WORK methods / links (and why anyone who works on your spine MUST be LL to the degree they at least know to never suddenly twist neck or spine. Never. Ever. And that we should never be advised to do neck / head / shoulder stands.)

Links here to two major sources: Buhner, & Zhang. Be sure to get their books.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It's not clear as to why say that you cannot take antibiotics. Other classifications of Rx are required besides just antibiotic, so that's important to know.

For some who did a very intense & targeted Rx approach with key support methods, they have gotten better.

Some have done that, saw some progress and then moved on to other methods to "wrap it up" . . . some saw no progress with Rx approach or varying degrees and some may see worsening. It can vary.

But do not discount any particular method just yet. Even some LL NDs insist that antibiotics are needed as part of the plan, often.

Whatever approach taken, it must be assertive, exceedingly well thought out and targeted sharply against lyme, babesia, bartonella or whatever other coinfections are on board.

Links in the set above explain some of the other approaches but if you think you can't take antibiotics because of a reaction you may have had to some, consider whether it might have been a herxheimer reaction. With key support, that can be lessened - see liver links below.

And, yet, my own opinion would be to locate all LLMDs and LL NDs in your geographic region. Select one you can at least consult twice (to be sure all infections are assessed and if you can't afford them, they can give you some kind of advice).

Get all of BUHNER's books and ZHANG's, too.

And: strongly consider getting a RIFE MACHINE

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

quote:
Originally posted by sardavis:
Hey there. Thanks for the info. Do you mind me asking you what your diet is like?

I am avoiding sugar, grains, gluten, alcohol, but still eating some dairy. Mostly following a keto-style diet.

Does this sound okay? I've been doing this for a while, along with epsom salt baths.

You're welcome. [Smile]

Some people do great on the keto diet. Dairy is not good for lyme patients though (causes inflammation). I eat vegan, grains, low fat, gluten free, dairy free, no alcohol, and no sugar except for a tiny bit of fruit.

Eat what makes your body feel better. You might want to keep a food journal so you can identify what's good for you and what's not.

--------------------

WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Catgirl:

ondamed (85 a session)

Catgirl, can you please tell us about Ondamed? Never heard of it before.

thanks!

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Be sure to eat enough. Often enough. And a wide variety of colors.
-

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Sure. Ondamed is pulsed elecro magnetic frequency therapy (PEMF). It's also a biofeedback device that reads a person's body and identifies what the current issue or problem is that needs to be addressed.

It finds all kinds of stuff like lyme, co infections, e coli (you name it)head, gut, body issues, etc and goes after them so to speak. It also helps to repair things. Sports players use it to heal faster. Lyme and critters hate PEMF for some reason.

Ondamed practitioners also treat some bottled water that the patient brings in (at the same time) so that it too has the frequencies that the patient was given. Then the patient can drink the water between visits and stay treated.

Ondamed feels good, and the treated water makes people feel good. Word of mouth is the best way to find a practitioner, or check out their references. Good practitioners will post them.

--------------------

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sardavis ..i am using bvt ,herbs ,pemf ,rife ,abx ,antihelminth, silver ,h202 ,ala ,glutithione,ozone ,and anything else that seems of use ...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone I knew who had Lyme healed himself with Chinese herbs and PEMF treatment - that's pulsed electro-magnetic frequency treatment - a machine a bodyworker had - it boosts magnetic energy in us and promotes healing 4x faster than normal healing.

There are online support groups who do the Buhner herbs.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) FIR sauna to detox. We chose one by Therasage $600. It is portable and they have taken care to not use toxic plastic and it is also EMF patient

friendly. You can transport it on a plane if needed. They also make in 220 Volt version for Europe and Australia, etc.

Perry Field's , The Tick Slayer, would use her car as a sauna when it was hot. She would put on sweats and take some water and go sit in her car.

I would make sure to go slow with sauna sessions to see how you fair and tell a family member so they can make safety checks. Everyone is

different in what they can tolerate and also I think it would be better if the car was older as it would have off gassed a lot of phthalates over the years.

2) Coffee enemas- one can get organic coffee, air roasted Gerson coffee or not. For sure organic. Enema buckets can be bought on Amazon as most drug stores don't carry anything but Fleet enemas.

This is a good type bucket and the clamp on the hose is easier to do by yourself vs the clips that slide back and forth over the tube.

https://www.amazon.com/Enema-Stainless-Bucket-Silicone-Institute/dp/B009NN5F78/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473630239&sr=1-4&keywords=stainless+steel+enema+kit#customerReview s

But you can get a less expensive one like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W0DKLMW/ref=sxr_pa_click_within_right_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2329824862&pf_rd_r=KBDEWJYS00BVMX1WFEYD&pd_rd_wg=0zUW5&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carous els&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_w=TovNJ&pf_rd_i=enema+kit&pd_rd_r=Z92VMN0WB4CR3NRFHEP1&psc=1

The pros are it is less expensive and you can see the level of fluid in the bucket.

The cons- the clamp may be more difficult to manage yourself and the hose is stiffer. It will stain with coffee.

3) Alka Seltzer Gold or Picot to decrease inflammation from herxing(we used this as it works just fine and is less expensive) https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/picot-antacid-packets/ID=prod2872365-product

4) Rife machine. There are several types but we got the GB-4000 from this site because at the time you could get it in a carry-on roller wheel

suitcase and there is a big body of experience available on the net by people who use it. The customer support was excellent.

https://www.quantumbalancing.com/gb4000.htm
Price $2450

5)Homeopathy - was great to get out of herxes fast and also the nosodes took off layers of the illness in a remarkable way. I would say it is another tool in the tool box.

One would need to see a homeopath and just like any person in any field, whether it be from car painting to the vast health field, there are some who are better than others. I am a trained homeopath with a conventional medicine background

so this avenue worked for us. In this new sick adventure I also had to sort out what homeopathy was capable of. Being able to strengthen the constitution by dealing with miasms was key. I learned early on that Lyme was tricky.

6) Anti-inflammatory diet--how ever that shakes out for you and your sensitivities. Organic if you can swing it.

7) QEST4 energetic signature scanning to find the effective Rife Frequencies. The frequencies that worked for us weren't even known Lyme or co-infection frequencies.

I could also find repeating patterns with the scans. I could see our son's liver was needing a lot of support over and over again, etc.

You can call them in Sylvester, GA to find a technician nearby, if there are any. If you find one you can contact me through here as I analyze the scan in 3 different ways then lay all that

information on top of each other to find a red thread running through. It takes 20 minutes to do the scan but 4 hours of foot work to do the analysis. This method of analysis is not taught to the technicians. It would be easy to explain it to them though.

In this winding journey I learned Applied Kinesiology but I like the scanner because it takes "me" out of the loop. Plus, one would have to have a heap of vials to test and that would get tedious and also it throws a variable of the person's arm getting tired.

One could learn energy testing though to use at home. You can find out how to do it on youtube.

Here is an MD teaching a method of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--8X-YWplgY

Here is a random video that shows 7 different ways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ikRMlI-jY

8) Breathing, 4 second big inhale, hold 7 seconds,
exhale 8 seconds for stress and anxiety. Mindful breathing.

9) Train the pineal to make it's own melatonin with these amber glasses, that filter out blue light,put on at 8pm which is 2 hours before bedtime. Sleep helps us regenerate and helps to decrease inflammation.

https://www.amazon.com/Uvex-Blocking-Computer-SCT-Orange-S1933X/dp/B000USRG90/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473632062&sr=8-1&keywords=amber+glasses+light+blue

10) Exercises with weights every other day. You can use your own body weight for resistance.

11) Restore to fix the gut www.restore4life.com

12) ASEA to make glutathione everyday

13) 5-MTHFR supplement to help detox

14) Various herbs for support. Red Root to drain lymph (although the Rife blew away Red Root), curcumin for inflammation, milk thistle for liver detox, Gaia Eleuthero for adrenal support.

15) I asked our son what he would do different and he said he would have left uni and come home. Full time school and being so far from home, in a foreign country, really made the case drag on a lot longer than it should have.

We tried a lot of things. We saw at least 14 doctors and spent thousands and thousands of dollars. Hind sight is 20/20. But, in a nutshell, the above is what worked for us.

Every case is different and unique and I would say it is normal to zigzag through a case. One deals with what is presenting and that is why

there is not one set way to treat. We wanted to work WITH and strengthen the body's innate intelligence and whatever was presenting at the time is what we dealt with.

There are many ways to get well and what works for one person might not work for another person.

[ 09-11-2016, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: lookup ]

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out www.thetickslayer.com

One can click on the homepage icons "I Have A Plan" or "I Don't Have a Plan."

"Perry was bitten by an infected tick in the mountains of North Carolina in 2003. She has been a long time track and field athlete,

competing at the highest levels in high school, collegiate and post-collegiate.

In 2005, she was forced to stop racing and training and seek medical help soon after the 2005 USA Track and Field championships, where she

became very ill during her race. Within a few months, her health continued to decline. After a short stent on conventional treatment, not seeing improvement and worried that her health would continue to decline, she began researching and

treating herself with alternative treatments. The process of successfully experimenting on herself, trusting her own instincts and forging forward, was the catalyst for her book, The Tick Slayer.

Because of her success in recovering from Lyme disease, as well as Chronic Fatigue and Epstein Bar Virus (health problems that began in college), as well as co-infections from tick

bite(s), her sentiments toward the ongoing autoimmune health crisis for many people in the US and world wide, was to write a “how to” on recovering from devastating diseases. The Tick

Slayer is a book for anyone who finds themselves
devastated by chronic illness and health care.

By 2009, Perry was training again and by 2010 she raced her first indoor track season since 2001, where she made her debut at the USA Track and Field Indoor Nationals."

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green_Where_You_Water
Member # 46647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green_Where_You_Water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Keebler,

you mentioned that we should never have our neck or back suddenly twisted. I have been going to a chiropractor occasionally that does this. Do you know specifically why this is not good?

Thanks!

Posts: 66 | From New York | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think it depends on the person and the practitioner. I became a chiropractor patient as soon as Lyme symptoms hit me, and I didn't find out for 25 years that I had Lyme.

That gave me enough time to see various chiropractors and find out that too light didn't work, too heavy didn't work, but medium-force adjustments are what I need in order to function.

And I know we're all different. There may be some people who do not respond to chiropractic.

So, like everything said on this board, it's testimony, but we each have to find out what works for us.

Also, it's very important to see a good chiropractor, because the bad ones will not help!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: Perry Field's , The Tick Slayer, would use her car as a sauna when it was hot. She would put on sweats and take some water and go sit in her car.

---

I don't know if this is such a great idea… You are opening up your pores & there's all kinds of toxins that can get into your body from the upholstory chemicals/foam in the car, gas, oil, exhaust fumes from other cars, etc...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Instructions to not have the neck or spine suddenly twisted comes not from me - although I found out the hard way why before I read it or heard it from an LLMD at an ILADS presentation.

At the point you had it done, if you had been on treatment, your spine may not have been so inflamed, swollen or too greatly infected with lyme.

The nerves may not have been so affected as can happen for many. And if you had treatment, you would have been in a very different place than many might.

The points made were that the nerve fibers in the spine are so very tender when infected . . . myelin sheath is often compromises and when the spinal cord is so inflamed,

damage can be done with sharp and sudden twisting as well as causing spirochetes to literally spring forth and then be irritated and burrow deeper and spew more toxins from such harshness.

No one with inflammation of the spinal column should have any sudden twisting of the neck or spine. It can cause damage.

One's LLMD is the best guide as to the kinds of spinal treatments that would be best - or best avoided - at particular points in time.
-

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out www.realfoodrebel.com

This lady had LYme and Co for 20 years and was bedbound and near death.

Now 100% recovered treating without drugs. She did herbal antiparisitics, Buhner Herbs for Lyme and Co, and Wahl's Paleo diet.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you really cant take drugs ie antibiotics the best advice i can give is what cured me, when 18 months of iv Rocephen could not.
so for me the sea salt protocol and more that that is to get your hydroxy 25 vit D level checked and keep it between 60 to 80
with a low carb low sugar diet to help your brain my whole lyme heath picture changed with this I went from four years of just getting by living with lyme to cured working and enjoying life again only thing that bothers me is brain fog if i dont eat right.
good luck guys

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement