LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Headaches

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headaches
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jus' Silverwolf here

<<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

Trying to find a way to stay calm in the middle of some pretty tough stressers.

Between grieving, meds side affects. bronchitis,and other serious things going on with us, I have a headache that is still hanging on.

I'd hoped it would stop when I got yo take a break from ABX. It is still bugging me.

I am doing what I know to do, trying to just pray and stay calm... any tho'ts or suggestions?

Thanks from Silverwolfi and Skippy the synapses snapped Laptop [hopefully it will behave when I post this...

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uhm... hello... hello... hello.... [echo,echo echo]... 'whispering to avoid my headache worsening...'.

Any one w/ ideas to help??? Please???

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' Silverwolf here, I see my post is about 3 hours later than it is where I am...ah well...

Maybe some on who's up may have experience with this?! Thanks for any tho'ts /info'/ideas you may post!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have some magnesium supplements, try taking them. For example, take 200 mg now and the same in 4 hours.

If you happen to have any pain pills around, it sounds like this is the headache to use them on. For example, if you have any hydrocodone. Try taking one half of one and if that doesn't work in an hour, take the other half.

Try icing your forehead or neck or both.

I have suffered with months-long headaches and the solution for me was:

vitamin B2 (up to 400 mg per day)
magnesium (400 mg per day time release, like MagTab SR)
CoQ10 400 mg per day

In 2 days, my months-long headache disappeared on this combo.

Do you get headaches within 24 hours of a rain storm? I always did. The mag helped for that also. And, when the rain came, then the headache went away.

If this headache is from herxing or antibiotics, try drinking lots and lots of water with fresh lemons squeezed into it. Take Alka Seltzer Gold with lemon squeezed in. And, if you don't have that, take baking soda in water instead.

Try to detoxify yourself however you can if that seems to be the cause of the headache. You can get in a warm bath with Epsom Salts in the bath water, plus baking soda and even salt. Drink warm water while you are in the tub, and keep adding hot water to keep the bath hot to warm.

When you finish the bath, rinse off the skin. Then, go right to bed. Hopefully, you will just zonk out!

And, I will say a prayer for you right now. I can empathize!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Silver, headaches are awful and I hope you get relief soon!

Do you have any essential oils?? Peppermint usually knocks the edge off a headache for me for a while, frankincense is great for all sorts of pains.

Binders could help... Chlorella, charcoal, apple pectin, zeolite, etc. Don't forget the lemon water!

Alka seltzer gold?

Magnesium!!! Take an epsom salts bath, massage diluted mag oil around neck and hard area, if it isn't skin irritating. Just a gentle massage could help too (calling on you, TX'C [Smile] )

My standyby is a couple of baby aspirin and a cup of coffee, maybe not so great at night tho.

Drink extra water? Hot or cold compress on head?

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to say magnesium too.

It's hard to say what will help, since every headache is different.

Any clue as to what type of headache? Sinus? Tension?

I would bet on tension .. and if so, the mag would be a good bet. Hope you feel better very soon.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Thanks for the suggestions from each of you!!!

<<<<< TF,gz, and Lymetoo >>>>>,

It's a combo of Sinus/bronchitis,huge tension,and weather change. I take Mag' and Andrographis.

In past I have used Hydrocodone,right now, know access to that,it is like pulling hens teeth to get it here. As much as I dislike blood work etc, I'd put up w/ it to stop this miserable pain.

I don't have peppermint right now, but another oil blend might do. No Alka seltzer gold, but some generic that might be close.

I'll see what I can come up with...thanks so very much for the ideas. It is hugely helpful!!!

I'll sign this w/ Love for this LymeNet family. Y'all are wonderful!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was giong to suggest the cold compress to the head. I always forget this one for myself and dont know why I do becasue it always helps.

another thing I notice is my allergies contributing, and but also something very important for me which is to limit my glutimate foods as I notice I wake next day with bad pain. could this be a possibility for you too?

some of those foods are:
Foods matured, cured, or preserved, such as matured cheeses (Parmesan and Roquefort) and cured meats
Fish sauce
Soy sauce and soy protein
Mushrooms
Ripe tomatoes
Broccoli
Peas
Walnuts
Grape juice
Bone broths and meats cooked for long times (generally using moist cooking methods such as braising)
Malted barley used in breads and beer
Wheat gluten
Dairy casein

here is a better compelete look at this with a better list

http://www.dramyyasko.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1279663001Neuroprovokers8.pdf

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Infrared heat lamp can help sinuses, bulbs should be easy to find, as well as clamp it screws into. Here is some info:

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/HEAT%20LAMP.htm

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your headache any better?
Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A heat lamp would be great! You can get them at Wal Mart too.

How are you today, Silver?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< all repliers, including LisaK,gz, and ilovedogs too >>>>>!!

Thanks so much for ideas/tho'ts and links, and for your kind words.

Started this a few minutes ago,and 'Skippy the Snapped Synapses Laptop' dumped me off. It is skipping around,dropping letters and rearranging words and partial sentences. Oh boy ... babbling Skippy...

Headache is still with me, it waxes and wanes like the tides [hmm I should check moon phases]. So much is happening, my Dad died[early a.m Fathers day],I am administrator [ w/ the all too often family arguments ensuing].

The Bronchitis, and ABX resistant infection I've been fighting, tho' somewhat better, are causing side effects. The weather will change, which often gives me headaches,and isn't helping now.

We are having 30 to 40 degree drops and raises in temperature [lows and highs in a 24 hr. time period]. Welcome to Las Vegas it's fall now.

There are monetary issues,no thanks to the VA. And our Txcoord's/my favorite and last Uncle died Sunday, to complete the picture. Add in both of our Laptops acting up...

I once saw a cartoon, a very comical looking Zebra's stripes were fallen around it's hocks, onto the ground in puddles. He rolls his eyes and says ... " Stress? What Stress?? " . Kinda how I feel right now.

I got some sinus meds in me,and will get a shower shortly it should calm down, at least calm down.i hope and pray.

I woke up before 4:00 am, and couldn't go back to sleep, maybe I can nap in a bit. I'll check back in in a bit,if 'Skippy' will behave that is...

Jus' Silverwolfi and Skippy the discombobulated Snapped Synapses Laptop...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

The heat lamp gz, and you, both mention sounds nice. As I am on break from Bactrim ,but will have to take more, and waiting for it to clear... I can't be in Sunlight,or artificial at this time.

I do have a hot shower I can take,and rice buddy I can heat,plus an ice pack. So that will help too.

The ice pack idea was mentioned in replies too!! Y'all are a huge help, Thanks so very much. TxC' has do do some errands in a bit,and will try to get some memory sticks to help ease some of ' Skippy's Confusion'. Poor 'Skippy' is old and overloaded.

Hopefully I can otlyget a nap here sh, oops Skippy strikes again. Anyway,I was typing in as you were Lymetoo.

Off to shower,and nap,hopefully I can make headache leave soon. And Skippy will let me check back in. If not,I'll be trying to use Txc's laptop ,provided it doesn't have to go back in for another tune-up.

Jus' Silverwolfi and 'Skippy'

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' me The Silverwolfi here,

Hi all <<<<< Our Lymenet family >>>>>,

Sad tonight, and the grieving isn't helping the headache-y-ness. New post on general.

Perhaps the sadness is part of the headaches,and why it feel like the tides waxing and waning . Well,I'll keep on giving things to Our Creator... and keep on keeping on as is said.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement