LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need inputs from experts here on the medications

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need inputs from experts here on the medications
josh123
Member # 48198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for josh123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Wanted to get experts option on my meds so posting here.

I have started Doxy a month back. After 48 hours I felt chills, fever and frequent urination.. sounds like herx. After 12 to 14 hours felt better.

After a week Doc added Mepron and Azithromycin.. Did not notice herx like symptoms that I felt when using doxy.. But I see head symptoms ( pain, uneasiness etc), ear symptoms ( clogged and pain some times) increased.

After taking these for 2.5 weeks I started having little bit itching in vaginal area so doc prescribed east infection medication.

I have sole feet and soles.. Doc also added another abx sulfamethoxazole.. Have not started this yet.

No symptoms improvement yet and because of many abx I started having gastrisis for which I took Prevcid for 2 weeks.

Wanted to know if I do not get herx meaning the meds are not working for me or it takes longer time for the meds to work?

Was hesitant to start another abx thinking it might give more problems.

Should I start sulfamethoxazole or ask doc for anything else?

Could you please provide your inputs and suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,

--------------------
NA

Posts: 74 | From Dallas | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not an expert, sorry. I don't think people can talk much about your drug regime, without knowing your infections...

I would be though dead of stomach pain in your place, as I can't even stand doxy alone: after 3 days, I start suffering more from doxy side effects than from the disease...

Some people do not herx much, as their detoxing abilities are still good. I was not that lucky, but there are some people that barely herx.

The important thing is to see if you are improving. Do you feel improvements?

As for myself, I stay away from drugs, as I feel they harm me more than heal, so I really can't help you...

I hope others will jump in and help you!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi josh:

I believe you should add a good probiotic as the anti bacterial medications will be hitting the good intestinal bacteria (maybe part of why you've developed itching). This can create its own set of issues.

We have our daughter taking Theralac and normally purchase it on Amazon.

The Mepron and Zith is for Babesia. I believe it is the preferred treatment.

Doxy is good for the Lyme spirochete (Doryx the time release version may be easier on the stomach but is more expensive, especially if you can't obtain the drug company discount card). Doxy is also good for Erlichia and Rickettsia.

As for herxing I can't help you as it was / is my daughter with the TBD's, not me.

Good luck.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
josh123
Member # 48198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for josh123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much Brussels and Tim for your responses.

Brussels,

The treatment is for babesia. So far no improvement.

In the other thread I saw you mentioning about homeopathic..
Does homeopathic alone can treat Lyme and Co infections? Have you heard any cases getting cured just with Homeopathic?

Tim,

I have increased my probiotoc to 2 capsules per day. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks and Regards,

--------------------
NA

Posts: 74 | From Dallas | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Burrascano:

"Probiotics: Usual dose is two with each meal. Plan to mix together several different brands to broaden the spectrum." (p. 27)

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't use nosodes for babesia.

My babesia treatment was partly drug (Riamet, just once for 3 days, herxes like hell), ....

...but mostly herbs (chinese herbs, artemisinin, rain forest herbs, some dr. K's suggestions, Buhner herbs, and my own findings). I remember I liked Japanese knotweed, and Artemisian anua whole herb.

I was bitten twice with two babesial infections.

I also used cardamon, Noni tincture to sort of end these infections.

I can pull the old thread up, if I find it here in lymenet.

As for homeopathy, it depends on WHAT. It's such a big field. It's like asking if herbs can deal with babesia.

My answer for herbs is 'probably yes, if used in combinations, shifted constantly, and if you use some sort of energy test to find out when to shift, with what to shift'.

I only heard about 2 people reacting to babesia homeopathic nosodes. I never used them, just because I didn't have them available, so I can't tell. But these 2 people said they got well with these nosodes.

Did you try Buhner's approach?

Or MMS?

Homeopathy was the only thing that put my lyme dormant for good.

All infections that are tick born are synergistic.

For example: if you have the duo Babesia and Borrelia, you may fall very ill with both.

If you have only babesia, you rarely fall too ill. Same as bart, in my opinion.

It's the Borrelia that acts synergistically with these other co-infections, making us so miserable.

Dr. K. said that Borrelia is like the master-mind of other tick born infections.

If Borrelia is weakened or non-existent, the other infections get easier to treat (as a general rule, of course there may be exceptions).

So my homeopathic treatment dealt mainly with Borrelia. It was done through photons. Once Bb was weakened, some coinfections went dormant, and I had only a couple to deal with, but they went out quite easily.

I felt incredibly better once babesia was gone, then later, when Borrelia was gone, wow. The rest was easier to treat, really.

Babesia was for me the strongest, most tricky infection to treat. Very hard to treat it, when lyme is active.

But it is still possible, with energy testing. I can't see any other way. If you'd like, send me a PM, I can explain you better.

Maybe the Rife people can help you too?! I'm not a rife expert.

If you don't believe in energy tests, it can be a very long way of trial and error in total blindness. But some people succeed!

I think there are quite some smart drs trying to propose treatments for babesia, you got to try some of these protocols and see for yourself.

I never fared well with drugs, so most of these suggestions were off for me.

Only one treatment will not heal anyone that is real bad. Maybe some exceptions exist, but I guess these are the fortunate ones.

There is no single-treatment that can deal with a bad chronic disease. You gotta go through the whole thing of cleaning food, water, detox, good sleep, supplements, minerals, allergy free diet, EMR free etc.

Or the body has no power to keep well for long, once you reach remission.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
josh123
Member # 48198

Thank you TF.

I will increase my probiotic and also mix with other brand.. Hopefully this would solve my stomach pain.

--------------------
NA

josh123
Member # 48198

Brussels,

Thank you so much for the information.

Did not try any herbs or any other methods. Started with abx a month back.

Currently dealing with stomach pain issues and more head related issues with abx. I would love to get details on herbs and homeopathic medicine..

I will send you a PM to get the details.

Thanks and Regards,

--------------------
NA

cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As recommended by others, read what Dr. Burrascano says about probiotics.

In her book, Coping with Lyme Disease, Denise Lang says:
"When my son was ill, it was recommended that he take a handful of acidophilus tablets each day, and he consequently had very little difficulty with yeast."

I'm not recommending that, but it is important that enough probiotics are taken each day.

One other point - I was told that if the antibiotics are taken with a meal, wait two hours before taking probiotics.

If the antibiotic and probiotic are taken together, the good bacteria will be killed along with the bad and you won't be able to keep your system balanced.
They should always be taken two hours apart.

I hope you're seeing some improvement.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sulfa was a doozy for me ..i had been infected for so long i didnt know ...it works for some ..may hit bart .

some have used bvt for babesia ...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement