LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Gallbladder the Holdout Home for Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gallbladder the Holdout Home for Lyme?
Bid3
Member # 47299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bid3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told by a general surgeon today that he is getting more cases of Lyme patients arriving with the recommendation to have their Gallbladder removed by their Lyme Doc, yet do not have the "Tests" to show gallbladder issues. The reason was that some Docs now believe that Lyme attacks and holds out in the Gallbladder. He also stated that he has done a few removals for actual gallbladder issues in Lyme patients and has reports that the Lyme Treatment post procedure was more successful for these patients.

I did some searches on the forum and did not see any recent real discussion here for the gallbladder and lyme nesting. Is there any reports of this, any research, or personal experience with Gallbladder removal and their Lyme treatment?

Thanks
B

Posts: 31 | From VA | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites love gallbladder and liver, and probably cause a lot of gallbladder problems. Having Lyme makes it easy for other microorganisms (as well as some that may not be so micro sized!) to get a strong foothold in the body, adding another layer to illness.
Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme also loves the bladder, brain and eyes. Shown to be so in the studies.

It doesn't mean we should remove those organs to try to have a better outcome from Lyme. If we removed organs we thought might be a problem the spirochetes would just move somewhere else.

The spirochetes aren't going to give up just because their residential area may be smaller from one day to the next.

Stubborn little suckers they are.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bid3
Member # 47299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bid3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Removing the Gallbladder is one thing, but removing eyes would be a bit more extreme. I could see the CDC suggesting this as punishment to us stupid people that have lyme. [Smile]

So no common theory on removing the Gallbladder then?

Posts: 31 | From VA | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto what Tincup said. I don't get preemptively removing a functioning body part. Another consideration is that with Lyme and Co's the body's elimination pathways can get really bogged down with trying to detox and keep up with body processes even before any treatment has commenced.

This can cause liver congestion and keep the bile from moving properly, perhaps allowing it to linger too long and stagnate in the gallbladder where it could cause issues there or in the ducts.

It makes more sense to first directly address physical liver detox issues. There are numerous gentle treatments (herbs, supps, acupuncture, etc) that can promote the flow and production of bile through liver and gallbladder which improves the body's function overall.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my gallbladder out before I knew I had lyme and it made things SO MUCH WORSE!!!

I'd say hang on to your organs as long as you can.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my gall bladder out before I had lyme also. I was in horrible pain, losing weight, etc. I felt so much better digestion wise once it was removed.
Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bid3
Member # 47299

Ahh the Internet, Someone says it is horrible, then someone says it is great. [Smile]

I agree that holding onto the organs is better than taking them out for the heck of it. In our case, we are trying figure out what to do as we are chasing some issues with the organ specifically. [Frown]

bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know 2 young people with lyme who miss their gall bladder ...rocephin probable doesnt help me ...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was having text book gallbladder symptoms, including attacks where I was on the ground in pain.

Had 2 separate ultrasounds, no stones and no sludge found.
Was told I was probably constipated.

Finally, after just being miserable every night (and colonoscopy and endo checked out fine)

I demanded/ asked for a HIDA scan. Hooked up to machine and get injected w/ something to make your gallbladder work.

I failed the test. Got my gallbladder removed, and my gut is about 85-90% better.

I read antibiotics have a tough time getting into the gallbladder.
Very glad I got mine removed,
and a HIDA scan test can difinitivly rule in out or in.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement