LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Probiotic that helps with histamine issues?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Probiotic that helps with histamine issues?
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone, I am having severe nose running all the time, its making me crazy. Certain probiotics make it worse.

It is better on days I take no probiotics; I did a test, but I need to be taking some probiotics.

Does anyone know of a probiotic that works well against histamine? One brand I was using had a few strains that increase histamine.

My llmd has mentioned trying the histamine diet but the only foods I can eat these days are nuts, avocados, eggs, and vegetables. If I remove the histamine foods here I have only veggies to eat.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoeless joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bifidus strain like ALIGN probiotics

Avacado is high in histamine,moldy nuts too.

Eat as fresh as you can.

Laftover of any kind kill me,even vegetables.

Ive tried quersetin,dao and really didn't notice a difference but I do better on a high vitamin c regimen.

Seems like evryones gut is messed up from atbx.

Sure wish all llmdd would stress managing the gut flora a lot more.

Posts: 227 | From fairhaven ma | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks shoeless joe! So funny because I have considered trying Align but figured if its in Rita Aid or CVS it probably isn't that great but I am going to try it.

Leftovers: I have been cooking (grilling, roasting, and steaming)large varieties of vegetables twice a week and eating the leftovers for lunches and dinners. Maybe i need to stop this. Great point about leftovers

Maybe I can tweak nuts. I am so thin and nuts are an easy snack but I will try to eat the least moldy/histamine inducing nuts; hopefully there are some. I will look into this further.

I got some quercetin a few weeks ago and have not noticed a difference yet but will give it more time.

Thank goodness I stumbled upon an article that mentioned certain probiotic stains increasing histamine as a bottle I have been using contains those strains. The more I took the more my nose would run. Drinking water upon waking up would get my nose running.

I like to take several different brand/types of probiotics at all times and so many brands contain the histamine inducing strains.

I find this topic so confusing. Is this type of histamine issue from a compromised gut or from the tick-borne infections themselves?

I assume its more of a gut dysbiosis because I am not having many Lyme and co-infection symptoms these days unless I increase herb doses.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VSL#3 capsules are good. They don't cause a histamine reaction for me and I am very sensitive!

I use Align too for variety. These are the only two brands that I can tolerate.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this writeup by a lyme doc regarding lyme patients and Mast Cell Activation Disorder:

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2015/06/mast-cell-activation-disorder-mcad-new.html

You have the runny nose he mentions (rhinitis) and also the food "allergies" that so often accompany MCAD. See the last comment on that webpage as an example of how lyme patients with MCAD end up being able to eat only a very small number of foods.

This is so common, but it is only in the last few years that lyme docs have learned about it and how to treat it. So, I am hopeful that you can get rid of all of this with a good lyme doc educated in MCAD.

This doc is taking new patients and there isn't any wait to see him. He will do telephone or Skype appointments after the first in-person appointment in his Maryland office.

Let me know if you would like further info on him. Everyone who goes to him really likes him.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On her site, the low histamine chef recommends Seeking Health's Probiota, which is dairy free and formulated by Dr Ben Lynch, who is well known for his work on genetic mutation issues.
Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful of the Seeking Health probiotics. NOT ALL OF THEM are OK. I bought one from her site, then read the label more carefully and found that there were quite a few strains in it that raise histamine.

I sent it back. Yasmina herself said on her FB group that not all of the Seeking Health products are OK. She's just selling stuff. Go figure.

I'll try to find that list and bring it here.

I use Custom Probiotics D-Lactate Free and also their CP-1. Both work fine for me.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Thank you Sammy, TF, Ukcarry, and Lymetoo for your helpful replies.

Sammy, definitely going to try VSL#3 in addition to Align. Thanks for the recommendation.

TF, Thanks for sharing the article. I have POTS too so definitely some crossover with what he talks about. So good to know he takes patients relatively quickly as people ask me all the time for llmd recommendations. I need to devote more of my next appt with my llmd to my histamine issues.

In the past the diet has turned me off to the whole topic because I eat such a limited diet as is...

UKcarry, low histamine chef is a great resource which I forgot about. Awesome!

Lymetoo, you have such great wisdom to pass along always. Adding you Custom Probiotics to my list to try. So beneficial to mix them up over time.

I have been taking just Theralac the last few days and things have improved but nuts definitely turn my runny nose on big time! Now to decipher if its all nuts or mainly the cashews I eat so many of each day.

Have a great day everyone!

--------------------
unsure445

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, unsure... Just a tip .. I had to give up Theralac years ago because it made me itch.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement