LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Cistus incanus anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cistus incanus anyone?
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19828122

Cistus has anti-inflammatory action, and is known for viral and also, lyme treatment.

--------------------------
http://www.healthembassy.co.uk/site/item/2

It explains how to prepare it.

It's said to eliminate VIRUSES, a good FLU medicine.

It also removes toxic HEAVY METALS such as cadmium.

It has ANTIBACTERIAL and ANTI-FUNGAL.

it is recommended against CANDIDA, eczema, SINUS infection, HERPEES, H. pylori, even Borrelia.

It has ANTI-INFLAMMATORY effects.

It COVERS SPIROCHETES, neutralizing them.

It provokes a change in smell (body starts to detox).

you got to drink it 3-4 times a day for weeks to feel the effect, they said...

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.inspiriert-sein.de/empfehlungen/heilkraeuter-gewuerze/zistrose-fuer-staerkere-abwehrkraefte

This is in German, but you can do a Google translate...
They explain how OLD is the history of use of cistus. It fights most influenza virus.

They say Cistus is known to protect against all sorts of infections in the throat, gum, mouth... Not only antiviral, but anti bacterial.

It also helps diminishing skin infection.

It also helps Candida albicans: as it helps the flora to stabilize.

The article mentions lyme disease, but said that it is not confirmed that it helps lyme (by research).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

http://horusmedia.de/2001-cystus/cystus.php

This site mentions the doctoral work on Cistus incanus: it helps a lot against CANDIDA (Münster University). Dr. Vinzenz Nowak.

It also helps against bad bacteria (Helicobacter) and infections in general. It has very strong anti-oxidative effect (more than green tea, vit C or E).

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/govi/pharmaz/2010/00000065/00000004/art00012?crawler=true

Well, it seems THERE ARE studies of killing effects of Cistus plants againt Borrelia burgdoferi.

results are good! Oil extract from some Cistus plants have strong antimicrobial effects!!

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18468764

PubMed article:

it does seem CISTUS INCANUS as a tea act as a strong BIOFILM BREAKER in the mouth!!!

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.fransussman.com/cistus-tea-or-how-to-become-repulsive-to-ticks/

One of the big hits at our retreat with Dr K. in the summer 0f 2010 was Cistus Tea, a pleasant tasting loose tea with a mild, berry-like flavor.

In Germany, dogs who were given a daily dose got 1/100th the tick bites of dogs who weren’t.

Since I live in one of the worst areas in the world for ticks and Lyme, and spend about an hour a day walking with my little pal Lucy in the woods, I was very eager to test it out on us both.

What I find is that the ticks don’t seem to like us any more, and yay for that!

If using it consistently, I no longer find ticks on either of us, and many of my clients have had the same experience.

And that’s a pretty dramatic statement. After all, we tromp in the woods four times a day, and Lucy has her nose and paws in all sorts of leaves and brush where ticks love to hang out.

There is some preliminary research that stevia may be beneficial to healing Lyme, so that’s what I recommend you use to sweeten, although look for a stevia like the one I carry in my office, that is whole leaf, and doesn’t have additives and fillers.

I drink a couple of cups a day and thoroughly enjoy it.

It works well as iced tea, so you can make a quantity and store in the fridge cold. I like to mix it with fruity teas such as hibiscus.

For Lucy, who is ten pounds, I mash about a tablespoon of my brewed cistus tea, with a little raw honey, into her food each time I feed her, or in her water bowl, and she is happy to lap it up.

While Cistus Tea is making its reputation in the area of Lyme Disease, that is not the only reason to drink it.

Did you know that Cistus Tea is also a very powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and detoxifier?

Recent studies show it helps eliminate toxic heavy metals from cigarette smoke, dental fillings, and environmental pollution.

It can also help eliminate candida and H. pylori.

Pat a concentrated tea on your skin to improve dermatitis, or just improve your complexion.

It is also anti-viral, immune supportive and cardiovascular supportive.

Directions: Use 1 teaspoon of loose tea per cup of boiling water, let it steep about 10 minutes, and strain.

Important: Re-use the same tea 3 times in order to extract all the different phytonutrients.

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

Dr. K. in betterhealthguy 2013.

Cistus is more potent than any other agent known for biofilms.

Crosses the blood-brain barrier and is 100% absorbed in the gut.

It is antiviral.

Can rebrew the tea 4 times.

Whitens the teeth (also a biofilm which causes yellow teeth), body fluid smells and odors reduce.

Brussels
Member # 13480

My own experience with it:

-during lyme in the past, I didn't really feel anything with it. I didn't take it 3-4 times a day, just a bit on and off.

I never took it many days on a roll, just because I was doing so many other things and felt next to nothing with Cistus.

- recently, I took Cistus and got a 'herx' reaction: nerve pain, stinging pains, fatigue, etc.

I thought I was imagining, then took it again, and again, and again: always same reaction. It takes me 2 full cups to feel the reaction, but it always comes.

I like the taste, and it does feel like 'cleaning' me, from inside.

I am using it for Candida. I need frequent binders, or I crash. And I also need my devices against pain (due to nerve pain after taking Cistus).

The pain is not unbearable (but annoying), but the fatigue is strong.

Brussels
Member # 13480

I'll try to give it to my cat, who still brought me an attached tick TODAY in cold weather....

I hope she won't die from it...

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, be careful with your cat. I vaguely remember someone saying their cat died from it. :(

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

OH MY [bonk]

I guess, that's why the ticks don't bite them anymore!!! [Big Grin]

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention thank you for all the info above Brussels. :) I've taken cistus before too, although I couldn't feel anything. It's good to know it does all the above.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too. I took Cistus before on and off, but didn't see any difference , so I stopped it.
The only thing that caused massive biofilm exodus and strong herx afterwords was MMS enemas.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've consumed a good bit of cistus tea off an on. It's wonderfully pleasant to drink but I didn't notice much with it, and it didn't seem to deter mosquitoes from biting me as I had hoped. Perhaps it just wasn't the right time.
Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I heard, cistus is used against TICK bites, not mosquito bites.

If my logic is good, only ticks with Borrelia will NOT bite you, but other ticks will.

That is what works for us using Bb nosodes (only Borrelia-less ticks bite us, which drops the number of bites to less than 10%).

There are quite some vets using that in dogs (I watched them in youtube, mostly in German).

I do think it is cleaning my sinuses, nerves, and I even get some stinging pains in my BRAIN!

I clearly get that lymph drainage effect too, like a pump.

The effect is like a herx: I get tired, painful, need chlorella, shrinking skin...

It is funny that during lyme, I felt NOTHING with cistus. Not that I remember. I may not have taken enough, though....

Today, I need two cups on a roll (one after another) to feel the CLEAR effects. It is not immediate after, but a bit delayed, but it is surely doing something.

Yesterday, I took 4 cups, and I didn't collapse. So it is also decreasing its effects.

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://www.zentrum-der-gesundheit.de/zistrose.html

The best information about Cistus incanus.

It's a multi-function plant: it helps diarrhea, skin problems, aphthae, candida and flu.

Two main uses: in tea form or on the skin.

Very much used since the Antiquity (Greece) for skin problems.

Anti oxidative effect: about 3x more than green tea, 4x more than Vit C. It protects the skin from UV light.

Recommended for stomach and diarrhea: that is why it is also good for the skin (as they are related problems). It helps to stop itchiness. Recommended for eczema, acne (both in and topic).

Anti-aging effect on skin.

Study from University of Catalania, 1995: it fixes problems of the stomach lining fast (when it is hurt), protecting the lining.

Washing the mouth with cistus tea: helps cure aphthae, blisters (many times mouth wash per day)

University of Freiburg: there are less deposits on the teeth, if people just wash the mouth with cistus after brushing them.

Hemorrhoid: it helps the itchiness. Do a sitting-bath with cistus.

Bacteria and Fungal infections: 1999 Universtiy of Marrakesh: in vitro STRONG antibacterial and anti-fungal effect.

Treat with tea and exterior wash (skin). On skin, 3x day rub the tea on skin for 20 minutes each time.

By intestinal candida: drink daily the tea.

Clinic study, 2009: 160 people with flu particiapted.
The ones who took cistus had very little symptoms compared to the ones who didn't. Clear anti-viral action.

It seems that some chemical polyphenols from Cistus will COVER the virus with a film, with a protective coating, making their job to infect our cells harder.

Lyme disease: Cistus creticus: Leipziger Univ, 2010 study. Cistus oil has strong anti Borrelia effect. It was only tested in the lab.

Diabetes: Turkish study, 2013: it lowers sugar levels in the blood.

Alzheimer: University of Calabria, Italy: 2013.
Cistus makes Acetylcholinesterase and Butyrylcholinesterase lower, helping the brain.

Heavy metal chelation: 50ml on empty stomach, 2x day (with other binders, of course).

there are 12 Flavonoides in Cistus.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. This plant goes back to biblical times... It's resin was used as an incense.

I have tried some plants/herbs & I don't really notice any direct benefits from them. Such is the case of tumeric for me. I still like to take it. It has so many researched benefits.

I don't feel a direct effect of NAC & I still like to take that, as well. Sometimes it works like that, that we may not feel a huge change from consuming it.

I believe that rock rose is a Bach flower remedy, too.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I feel NOTHING with turmeric either, except that in more than a tea spoon, it burns my stomach.

I asked an Indian friend, long ago, she said it is caustic, they know.

NAC, I don't remember any longer...

OH yeah, Sparkle: genius: it is a Bach flower!!

I had already tested it for doing homeopathy: it does test good: I mean, with the Cistus tea.

In the past, I took cistus and felt nothing. It's just recently, that I felt a sort of herx, thought I was imagining, but then, repeatedly, I do react STRONGLY in my JOINTS, then nerves.

Very clear reaction. I suspect there is a synergistic reaction with kimchi (due to the increidible amounts of sulphur in kimchi??), and that was when cistus started working.

I guess the body reacts to PLANTS in VERY DIFFERENT ways than with single chemical drugs.

See if you follow my thoughts I learned from Buhner: as there are hundreds of chemicals inside, and these plants evolved with us (one of the targets of plants, as healing agents)...

... not all chemicals will be active at once, as they will act depending on the terrain they meet (different people will make use of different chemicals from THE SAME PLANT).

If my body was not ready for turmeric, cistus in the past, they don't 'work'.

These are not drugs, there's a HUGE difference with drugs because of those HUNDREDS of chemicals present, which interact with each other differently.

In other words: the plants will work when you are ready for them! Until then, I guess, they simply let their ingredients inert...

Brussels
Member # 13480

I just ate kimchi, and talked mentally to you, Sparkle.

I think, during lyme, when I took cistus and felt nothing, I should be thankful, in fact.

My liver hasn't been so much in trouble as during lyme. I felt SO toxic, and always had those liver pains, pressure-pain on gall bladder / liver area.

Suppose cistus had worked: went deep into my brain, joints, nerves and broke all the biofilms, pulled heavy metals, plus killed hidden candida and on top, many viruses and bacteria.

I guess, I would be dead!! [Big Grin]

Now, it's about 8 years after that: no more lyme, years of heavy metals chelation, and almost 2 whole years on the violet ray (my liver feels like soo younger!!).

The violet ray was really the best that happened to my liver. Smooth, zero pressure, all is fine there.

I still suffer though from candida, that is very toxic too.

Garlic alone has about 17 organic sulphur compounds. Add some more from onion, then spring onions, then leek, all in kimchi in quite some amount. It's like a detox bomb, right?

With my working liver, kimchi provokes a sort of boosting detox, including, killing candida, viruses and probably many bacteria. Plus the probiotics there, they must work to kill some pathogens, I'm sure.

then I finally take, by chance, cistus again, that NEVER ever did anything to me in the past, and wow: strong reaction!

Cistus is finally going all over my body, specially joints and nerves, even brain.

If it did what it is doing in the past, during lyme, my liver alone wouldn't be able to process toxins off, so it wouldn't be useful AT ALL.

That brings the question: can chemicals of a plant act in such a way, as though intelligently waiting for the right time to act?

Buhner thinks it is THE way they work. It is the way we made use of plants since the dawn of times.

it is the way we could appear as species, and all other species, and that we use plants as food and healing sources since the dawn of times. And so do animals.

One experiment Buhner talks about: a sick animal sitting next to a plant, waiting before ingesting it.

The plant's CHEMICALS change according to who is next by!!! Chemical concentrations can be measured!

Concentrations of certain chemicals change, so if the animal waits a bit longer before eating the plant, stem, flower, whatever, it will have a better effect!

If plants do that consciously, it shows how tight is the relation of them, their chemicals, to us and other animals. I find that amazing.

I've been really thinking about cistus lately, and wondering, how can it help me so much now, but NOTHING in the past.

The only plausible explanation that comes to me is this one I'm giving you. My body now can detox (liver ok, kimchi is helping detox too).

I can be totally wrong though...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement