LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Desperate for easy detox options

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Desperate for easy detox options
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I need something very easy yet effective for detox. I'm too weak to get myself in a bath every night. Timing charcoal is almost impossible with all I take, oral glutathione doesn't help, chlorella messes my stomach up.

I have cholestramine but I've heard it can make you feel sicker, and I really need something to just make me feel better right now. I'm so far down its unbelievable.

I really don't know what to do, and my brain's too fried to figure it out. I'd really appreciate any help.

Thank you all,
Sam

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you take something at bedtime, such as charcoal, small bit of cholestyramine to start? Food grade diatomaceous earth might be good to take if you can find a time away from meds.

I find the problem with bedtime is that it causes me to wake up having to pee in the night. I am running into similar challenge, SickSam!

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could, but I take sleep meds right before bed, and I usually eat right before bed too. If I don't fill my stomach right before I lay down I can't sleep at all.

I feel for you dbpei! Such a tough struggle to get timing right.

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before taking binders, I guess, you need to support your detox organs...

I used homeopathy for that, each organ, with one homepathic substance (my lyme doctor does that to EVERY lyme patient).

If you got to do that alone, I would start with liver 'easy' supplements (like milk thistle, bitter herbs in tea form, or any plant you know you can take without reaction).

then do kidney supplements or teas (green tea, alkaline minerals, solidago in tea form) 'easy going' herbs like that....

One easy thing to do is the use of OILS: rub good organic oils (any oil that is absorbed by the skin) on the skin, whole skin, specially where there are lymph nodes.

Oils through skin are much 'easy-going' than oils through ingestion (they also help detoxing, but most of lyme sufferers have their liver / gall bladder clogged). If you rub oils about 4x a day, you may feel its effect (calming, grounding).

Oils through mouth washes (people call that 'oil pulling', you can do google search), it also helps binds some toxins in the mouth area.

I also, in desperate times, go ground myself on grass for at least 40 minutes (when it's not that cold).

In less desperate times: I do foot baths in strong sea salt dilutions, very hot water, and I have a cotton cloth next by, and keep rubbing all the OILS that come out (you'll understand what I mean if you do that foot bath).

I also add infrared to the foot bath, to pull more toxins out (the water becomes cloudy with a clear oil sheath).

You can also do baths with salts.

when you get stronger, you can try manual lymph drainage (it truly helps to move the lymph, and with it, to dump away toxins).

And you could try liver flushes (some people swear by it). Only after getting a bit stronger.

Also FIR sauna, mobilizers, when you are stronger, but not now...

I hope some of this helps. Of course, I suppose you are already on magnesium supplements, omega 3, or evening primrose oil etc, right?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoeless joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take a break from all your meds that you can and take some charcoal and drink water.

Rest and get yourself a little out of the hole.

Charcoal,Nac and molybdenum has been helping my intense herxing the last couple of weeks.

I don't know if the charcoal is absorbing nutrients or the nystatin I take but I know I have been a little better on the charcoal.

Posts: 227 | From fairhaven ma | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of an Epsom salt bath, do an Epsom Salt foot soak instead. My husband usually does a foot soak every day.
Posts: 2247 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Brussels, thank you so much for all the suggestions! That's exactly he kinds of things I need to consider.

I do take fish oil, milk thistle, cordyceps, and msm (I think it has some detox effects maybe).

What sort of oils should I run in? You're not talking about essential oils are you?

Oil pulling - that's something j can do. I used to do it, but I always thought it probably wasn't doing much. I was probably wrong. I'll try again.

Is grounding really helpful? I could get a grounding mat inside and use it if it really helps. I gotta be careful with money though and spend it on the most helpful things.

I'm very interested in the foot bath. How do you do that exactly? How much salt? You rub oils on your lymphs and it drains down to the foot bath? What is infrared in the foot baths?

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate the insight!

SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Joe, I stopped abx as of today for just a couple of days. What does he molybdenum do exactly? How much should someone take?

MannaMe, I might try the Epsom foot bath, or maybe there salt foot bath that Brussels mentioned. That seems like a good idea.

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, good that you are taking some of what I use (or used).

MSM is very strong, and I loved it, and I'm glad you can stand that (as it is pure sulphur, some people cannot stand sulphur).

Except of MSM, nothing 'mild' you do (as I suggested) will make a WOW effect. MSM for me, did a WOW when I took it in great amounts.

but as you asked for mild easy detox solutions, that is what came in my brain (only easy for the body solutions....).

------------------------------------------
Oils on the body skin: really, any oil you like will do. I dislike oils like olive oil (too oily), but if I had nothing else at hand, even olive oil would do.

I love jojoba, but it is a bit more pricey. Jojoba goes really inside the skin. But as I said, I just open the cabinet, and get anything I can rub, specially after shower.

I think the relaxing effect comes because the body craves for oils to pull heavy metals or certain oil-soluble toxins. Because our livers are clogged with other toxins, we can't process oils through ingestion well.

THat is how I understand that calming effect I get after rubbing oils, even under the arm, buttocks, whole back, behind the knees, soles, whole neck, on the tummy, groin area ... funny places to rub,...

... but the function of that rubbing is really to help the body get in oils so that it binds to some oil-soluble toxins.

-----------------------------------------------
The oil pulling is only helping locally at the mouth, but if you had amalgams or teeth infections, it can be a good idea. You won't feel anything like a WOW thing, but many people says it helps, long term.

It can't kill you!!

------------------------------------------
Grounding may make a bit of an opposite effect, as with everything. You may feel worse before feeling better.

BUt I usually get only the better feeling first. Grounding can only be good, in my understanding, as we were built to be grounded. It is way to get electrons in the body.

Anti-oxidants are also ways to get electrons in the body (that is how they work to relieve stress of oxidation). So I do think anything that gives you electrons (like ionic water, PEMFs, violet ray, anti oxidants etc) will help.

That is why so many things are called anti-oxidants: they are electron donors! They relieve oxidizing stress.

Even fresh lemon water can help. Or Megahydrate (extreme anti-oxidant!). Or a simple fresh juice of cucumbers and celery (some people swear by these!). Or veggy juices with green leaves.

Veggy juices are very mild, in my opinion. And they feel good, if you enjoy the taste.

But too fast input of electrons (with devices, ionic water, Megahydrate etc) may cause a stronger negative reaction at first (herx-like effect),...

.... whereas I find grounding much MILDER, slower, easier for my body.

--------------------------------------------
Foot bath: very hot water first. IF you can use a non-plastic container, better (I use a cooking pot).

Take a big handful of salt (dead sea salt, any sea salt, magnesium chloride, ...), add hot water (a bit hotter than you can stand by touch), and try to put your feet slowly inside. Take the off and in, many times, if needed, until you can stand the temperature.

the logic: salty water will pull toxins off by osmosis. The more salt, the stronger osmosis effect.

Why hot water? To make the skin soft, to facilitate osmosis.

Why 30 minutes? Less than that, the skin is still harder, in my opinion... the longer you do, the more toxins are pulled.

I boil water in a kettle (about a liter), put in a thermos bottle, and when I feel my bucket getting colder, I add boiling water inside!

Just be careful not to burn yourself.

You got to do it for at least 30 minutes, in my opinion.

Get a cotton cloth and wipe your soles and skin, if they are oily, during the foot bath.

If not oily, it means the salt is not enough, the temperature is not hot enough, or you are not dirty!! [Wink]

My water gets ALWAYS oily, my feet pours oils from inside out (even if I do not rub oils for days).

I learned with dr. K that infrared makes even MORE oils come out, so when I feel the water is too clean, I flash infrared on top of the bucket, and I can LITERALLY see the oil bubbles coming OUT from my skin.

it's pretty impressive, I find.

Just be careful not to drop salty water on any device, as salt corrodes metals easily!

It's very relaxing, but of course, nothing like 'magic'. I guess hot water also reactivates a lot of acupuncture points of the feet, helps the circulation of heat in the whole body, and a bit of detoxing that comes out from the skin helps the relaxing feeling.

My infrared device is called PE1. But I guess you can buy better devices for that purpose (feet baths).

I just found this dr. explaining which kinds of lamps he recommends (I'm sure that you can find something cheap and good, but I use my PE1 because I already have it at hand...).

http://drlwilson.com/articles/SAUNAS-NEAR%20VS.%20FAR%20I.htm

If you have more questions, just write. And let me know if you find something helped you!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shoeless joe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoeless joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam

the molybdenum is suppose to remove the toxins from die-off.

In the morning I usually feel pretty sick.

I take a moly and a nac and it usually clears it a bit.

I don't know how much you can take but I often do the same thing in the afternoon if Im real miserable.

I have found the nac fro solgar much superior than the nac from now brand.

Charcoal use to make me very constipated but now I take it with a serving of macadamia nuts and the both together seem to bind toxins and keep me regular.

Again I don't what is to much for charcoal but I am doing a serving of nuts with the charcoal in the morning and one at night.

This has helped,how long should I do this I don't know

Posts: 227 | From fairhaven ma | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dry brushing is easy, not sure how helpful it really is but it can't hurt. Also if there's a massage therapist who could come to your house for lymphatic drainage massage, that would be good.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Thank you very much for all the detailed suggestions Brussels! I'm only up to 2000mg msm a day. At first it gave me a headache, but not anymore. I'm taking a very slow time building up on it. As I start trying some of these I might be back with more questions.

Also thank you Joe, I appreciate the info! My multivitamin has some in it, but I'm gonna start supplementing more of it. I took NAC at one point. I might add it again. I took charcoal this morning too.

WP, I'd love a massage, I really think that would help. My wife's aunt is a massage therapist actually. I've been thinking about asking her to give me one. I've never had a massage though. Seems like an awkward thing to me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement