LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help getting restarted with coffee enema

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help getting restarted with coffee enema
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there ... I have done many coffee enemas, but it has been a few years.

I am used to using supplies for S A Wilson's. I think I have everything but the bags. I even have tube, bucket, and even coffee.

Looking for enema bags in local drug stores (like Walgreens), all I see is already ready enemas, with salt water in them. As I remember, they are not made for refill with other things.

I know I can order bags from S A Wilson's, and perhaps other places ... but are there typically local places to buy empty enema bags that can be filled? (I live in a plenty big enough city.)

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually find the combination enema bag sets in or close to the section where heat and ice packs are, but not always. Sometimes I have to ask.

They are cheapest at Walmart, around $5. At least double that at Walgreens.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see, thanks. I'll give that a look.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used the bags and the bulbs. Both were from a local chain pharmacy. For me, the bulbs were much easier to use, clean, and store, cheaper too.

Though for a while my arms and forearms were so weak, I couldn't reach back or squeeze the bulb, so at that time I relied on using the bag.

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Just got back from CVS, Walgreens, WalMart, and Target, and none had empty enema bags. All were ready-to-use, which I don't think is the kind that can be filled with the coffee water.

At one store they did suggest a particular medical supply store. They are closed weekends, but perhaps during the week I will see.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can probably order what you need at www.drugstore.com .. It will get here before you know it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Funny, but as I studied it more, I really did not need an enema bag. I already had a bucket, and the approach is you use one of the other to hold the liquid--you don't need both.

I was having trouble remembering. Years ago, I had started out in the very beginning using an enema bag, but then pretty early on switched to using the bucket.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, Michael. The buckets are much easier to use and sturdier. The bags are only needed if you don't have a bucket, or you are traveling. However, don't try to hang the bucket with the little plastic handles; the handles will break quickly, and that is a mess!

Instead, place the bucket on the sink, or possibly the tub, so it is high enough for gravity to work. Also, the clamp on the buckets, or even the bags, are usually not that great, in that they don't allow you to open the clamp, but not all the way. You can get a good clamp from buying a combo enema or douche bag/ water bottle and using the clamp from that.

But those are not see-through, so I don't find them so good for this purpose. Plus, they don't usually open at the top.

Coffee enemas are wonderful. They work! Enough said.

Be sure to use probiotics afterwards to replace good bacteria.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Yes, the buckets are nice. I got mine from S A Wilson's, it comes with a cloth strap thing to hold it in and then hang it to something, kind of like a baby swing kind of thing.

We have a shower door which has a hanger on it for towels or just to hold on to for balance, it so nicely hangs on, perfect height. (I do this in the tub, with towel just to lay on something warmish.)

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazon has some too.

http://www.purelifeenema.com/about-enema-kits/

As far as where to do it, I like to lay on a yoga mat/towels in the bathroom (more comfortable), and a light weight blanket on top of me.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement