LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » GB 4000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GB 4000
tickalert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickalert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm considering buying a GB4000 rife machine. Could someone tell me what a fair price for a used one would be?

I believe a new one is $4,000.00 correct?

Posts: 911 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With or without MOPA? I just bought one for $2350 with the accessory kit without MOPA.
Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sold one without MOPA for about $1500.00. It's too bad I didn't know you had decided on the GB4000, SickSam! But maybe you weren't interested in a used one.

I hate to say it, but I would not get the GB4000 without getting the MOPA along with it. It is just not powerful enough without plasma to kill anything....at least it wasn't helpful for me. It seemed to stir up the bugs, but not kill them. The MOPA with it's amp is around $4000, and that doesn't include the generator.

I did see a good deal on one with everything (generator, SR-4 amp, MOPA and amp, plates, cylinders, cables, and power adapters) for $3800 if I remember correctly, about 2 months ago on Ebay. It was a good deal, but the seller did not know how to test it.

I replaced the GB with a used BCX Ultra and it seems to be doing more. I really did like the ease of use of the GB4000. The BCX Ultra is easy to use, but has no keypad like the GB4000, which makes it a bit of a pain. The BCX makes no hideous beeps like the GB4000 (if only you could turn the volume down or turn off the sound on the GB4000, but you can't) and even turns itself off if you want it to when the program is done.

In my opinion, if you can afford a GB4000 with the MOPA, it might be the way to go. Otherwise get a cheaper plasma setup like the BCX Ultra, Truerife, or the other one mentioned on the board recently (I can't seem to remember the name). A new BCX Ultra runs approx. $2700, but goes on sale for about $2500 at times. You can get used ones for less than 2 grand. I'm referring to the standard package that includes the generator, plasma wands, hand cylinders, and footplates.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figure a used device should be 2/3rds the price of a new machine or less.

Since Lyme is a long term treatment proposition, I would also recommend a plasma tube machine. Holding contacts gets old very quickly. I never regretted updating to the MOPA.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNT, yeah I was really wanting to get a new one with the 30-day guarantee so I could send it back if I didn't herx. But boy oh boy, I've had some pretty strong reactions from this thing! I really didn't expect it. I'm a little over a week in.

I'm really interested to hear if the BCX works better for you. I'll check in with you sometime in the future. (:

Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SickSam, I'm glad to hear it's doing something for you. I hope it really helps you!
Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gb4000 with mopa is powerful..i got spooky central for proto and myco incognito frequencies ..its not as many amps ..and one can run it as gb with carrier freq of 3.1mhz .
It also can wobble and sweep ..and do harmonics ...they have it now with phanadron bulb

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the GB4000 and have thought about getting the MOPA. I like it and I think it has helped me with things like tinnitus and detox, but as stated above, it is hard to sit and hold on to hand cylinders and foot pads for hours.

I also purchased the Spooky2, which can be used remotely, but it is hard to know if I am using correctly. It is very reasonably priced and some swear by it. I find it difficult to follow the directions (probably because of my lyme brain).

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badtick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badtick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I paid $2800 for a used 1 year old GB4000 with MOPA.

Agree with above about getting a plasma machine. I used a contact device in the past but quickly lost interest. There wasn't enough time in my schedule to treat effectively.

I do a session on the plasma every morning while getting ready for work, ironing etc. When time allows, I sit in front of it which is more effective.

Posts: 184 | From CT | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickalert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickalert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which rife would be a plasma machine?
Posts: 911 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

The ones with the light bulbs are plasma (:

I personally don't mind holding the contacts, but I'm basically bedridden. If I were more functional I'd probably want the MOPA too.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement