LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Here We Go Again . . .

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here We Go Again . . .
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interstitial cystitis, AGAIN !

Crying. Wearing 3 lidocaine patches, prescribed meds, and OTC. Nothing will touch this pain.

Radiating down leg, sciatica nerve, lower back, lower front pelvis, up through spinal cord, intestines swelling.

Happened so fast this time. Was having good day.

But notice frequent urination, but I drink massive amounts of H2O.

Then I got chills that made the hairs of my legs stand.

Then the PAIN !!!!!!!!!

Up all night. In agony. Called doctor #5 on my speed dial, urologist, please get me in for treatment today.

Why won't office call me back.

This is wide spread sepsis through entire body.

Enough with bringing hand guns to the battle, I need bombs !

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to know that.

I had a last episode during Xmas too. Very painful.

It was Xmas, I was not at home, but far away. I didn't want to spoil the holidays.

I was in low caloric diet, only fruits, salads, then went out for more than 3 hours in the cold, no pause, and then, bladder infection!

I'm EXTREMELY skinny, and felt too cold.

Not eating, too cold too long, and my candida was on (= low immunity), so result was cystitis.

It had been some time I didn't get cystitis... but well....

My urine got cloudy in few hours (literally whitish). The pain to urinate, unbearable.

I was already on the WC, just to pee drops of wee, no way to hold it any longer than those few drops.

If you had suffered from cystitis as much as I had, you know in which infectious stage I was: the worst!

So I did a nosode from my urine, I guess it was dilution 3X to 6X. I took it many times, about 20 times in a day. Then symptoms slowly went down.

I continued diluting that same first sample, to about 12X in the next days, and well, no need to go to ER nor to take any antibiotic.

Usually, when the infection is very strong, nosodes works better than when infection is weak (because the urine is LOADED with pathogens)!!

It means, the remedy will be stronger, than when urine has less pathogens.

Weak infection nosodes work less well, in my experience, but that whitish urine worked perfectly!

If I were home, I wouldn't have ingested the drops, but photooned them instead. I was on vacations, no infrared device, so I had to drink the drops, which were ok (no taste, no color).

What was great was that pain reduced quite fast (not as fast as antibiotics though). In 24 hours, I could eat again (hungry again), and that 2nd night, I could sleep (1st night I had too much pain, that is when I decided to do the nosode).

If you want to try that, it is better than antibiotics one after another (for the gut, I mean).

And I was always afraid one day, my pathogens would get resistant to antibiotics, and I didn't want cystitis to set in (I hate cystitis).

There is no way for pathogens to get resistant to nosodes, as there is no 'killer' in it.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope your doctor called you back.

If you are ever concerned about sepsis, call 911 because you need taken to the hospital ASAP.

Sepsis is a severe life threatening infection of the blood.

Symptoms are rapidly rising high fever with sweats and chills.

Doctors will draw lots of blood cultures to find the exact cause of the sepsis infection and start you immediately on multiple very powerful IV broad spectrum antibiotics. You would be admitted to the ICU.

Bartenderbonnie, I hope that you can get started on an effective treatment for your Interstitial Cystitis flare soon. That way you will feel better in general and have relief of your pain.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wikipedia has a big article on it. If you haven't already done so, I suggest studying it. One of the things I do when confronted with a symptom is study the literature to see if some aspect of it is connected with Lyme disease symptoms.

And if so, I start experimenting with tweaking in that area, like trying supplements that might help that area.

Like I noticed in the article it mentioned mast cells. Just look for the clues that you think you might match, because something is triggering it.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are in pain. One simple remedy is baking soda in water. It changes the pH of your urine.

Some people do well with D-Mannose. Just some simple suggestions... Interstitial cystitis is a bit more advanced than a basic UTI.

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-urinary-tract-infection.html

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still waiting for doctor to treat me . . .

Left to rot.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you take a look at the home remedies link Sparkle posted? Sometimes when we're waiting for the doctor to respond, it can be helpful to see whether any simple treatments can help alleviate symptoms.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to go online to the IC sites and yes, check into the connection with MCAS.

My teaching career ended with IC .. then found out that Lyme caused it... then found out that MCAS was likely the REAL beginning.

So... check things out.

Also look into the connection with oxalates. Big issue there for IC.

If you really think you are septic, then you need to go to the ER. (Don't let them give you a fluoroquinolone)

I take D-Mannose twice a day and have not had an infection in 9 years. I have had one or two flares of IC since then.

I have low-level constant IC problems.. but nothing so bad that I can't stand it. Since going on cromolyn sodium for MCAS, the bladder pain is under control.

Keep searching for answers. It isn't always what you think it is.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Brussels, I can't, in good conscience, drink urine nosode with my immune system non-existent. I don't know exactly what is invading my bladder but have a good idea.

I picked up d mannose but have only been on it 2 days, haven't had any change.

I called doctors office 4 times over 4 days. He faxed script for urine cultures, had it done. Test is back but his office closed on fridays so answering service said I had to wait till Monday..

Go to emergency if pain is bad. Yeah, like I m gonna do that.

I have been his patient for 5 years. He has always done treatments on me in his office. I thought we had a good patient-doctor relationship.

The only thing that has changed, is that I told him 2 months ago that I was getting treated for Lyme.

Main stream doctors seem to think the Lyme doctors are treating for all infections. Such as sinus infections, bronchitis, heart infections, stomach infections, ect,ect.

LLMD s treat only TBI's. They don't take insurance or fill out paperwork. That's why we have so many different doctors. There s no communication, no ones on the same page. No ones in unison in working to get us well.

My last urine culture had red blood cells, immflammatory cells, mast cells, and squamous cells. Don't know why.

My urologist actually took a few minutes to teach me breathing exercises to "get rid of my Lyme".

Poor misinformed smuck. But I thought it was nice anyway. Like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

On day 6 on the most horrific pain.

Trying everything including the kitchen sink.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know about foods affecting the bladder? No acidic foods, no bananas, no yogurt, no cranberry?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mentor did ozone insullflatuons staight up there and bvt to resolve ...llmd used rocephin long term on herself

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

The doctors around here probably think in order to give me ozone, they would have to put me in a rocket ship and blast me into space.

Heavens to Murgatroyd !

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Insurmountable pain, crying, spent 40.00 on lidocaine patches. Pain meds 1/2 pill every 4 hours.

Feels like gallbladder and liver involved or its referred pain.

Would an emergency room doctor know how to preform the cathedeter procedure with numbing agent ?

Last resort.

Getting very scared with all these different infections going on.

Has anyone worked in a doctors office? Does anyone know the rules of office regarding if a patient shows up in pain without an appointment?

Office told me to call them first thing Monday morning but what if I just show up ?

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry. I do not know the answers to your questions. But I feel for you! Emergency rooms are a hit and miss in my experience. Bad and good.

If you are in more pain than you can handle,I would call your on-call dr. And gof from there...so so sorry.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Thanks HW.

I don't want to go to ER and they have to call in the on call urologist on super bowl Sunday.

I don't know what to do

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The ER will be fairly empty right now ... just thinking ahead for you.

You can't let an infection go on and on.....

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got an idea for you.

I had bladder pain for months and months taking endless abx.

Doc took me off abx and put me on diflucan; blessed peace within 48 hours, but it calmed down a lot in six.

Before you're absolutely sure it's a bladder infection and not a raging yeast infection go get some yogurt and see if that helps. It won't help much but at least you'll know. They won't be able to tell the difference in an ER.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

The ER would be able to access my recent urine cultures.
Had them done 4 days ago.

Trying to wait out 12 hours till doctors office opens.

There s only so much my body can take.

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Answering service got in touch with on call doc.

He told me to go to ER.

I asked if ER would would give me cathedeter treatment.
He said they would not.

Told me to wait till tomorrow and go to office for treatment.

Only good thing that came out of that, is that it's documented.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Which treatment are you referring to?

Hope you get the help you need.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Finally got treatment.

Pain is gone.

Savor the moment. [woohoo]

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Update :

Treatment was temporary, pain came roaring back 4 hours later. Are you kidding me ?

It's groundhog week, same as last week. Stuck with killer pain over the weekend again.

Urologist said to check with pharmacy 1 hour after my office visit on Monday. He said he call in lidocaine suppositories.

I believe I learned in 5th grade science class that a woman pees through urethra, not vagina, but who cares, right?

So I go to pharmacy and of coarse, doctor didn't call in anything yet. Went home and waited till next day.

Still waiting 6 days later. Pharmacy says nothing was sent. Doctors office says they did. Don't know who s telling the truth.

Just called pharmacy again this morning. They finally recieved script but it needs insurance approval.

If I pay cash - 125.00. Don't have the money.

At least I was smart enough to set up weekly treatment appointment. Somehow manage till Monday.

I have read a lot of Lyme patients suffer from IC. But the research doesn't suggest borreilia is prevelant in bladder.

Maybe this is because standard urine cultures don't test for it?

It is my opinion that it is absolutely Lyme related.
My cultures showed immflammatory cells, red blood cells, and mast cells. All are markers of Lyme infection.

I went through my box of tricks and found 100 mg of gabapentin. Started taking 1 every 4 hours and it is helping.

I also bought menthol patches because they were cheaper than lidocaine patches. They also work but I walk around smelling like a stick of gum.

I wish I could turn the clock ahead so that it is Monday morning.

Or turn the clock back to before Lyme. . .

TrekCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting that the Gaba helps. I take 100 mg morning and night but mine is for diabetic neuropathic pain.

We talked with Silver's PCP about Gaba and he wasn't too much in favor of it.

With all the menthol smell, just tell people you love to use Vicks!

--------------------
I still have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 138 | From Lost Wages | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Hey TrekCoord,
I think Silver would do well on gabapentin.

I am so impressed with it that I m gonna mention it to my urologist. He told me that nothing really works for bladder pain. That's when I asked him for prescription lidocaine patches.

My neurologist gave me gabapentin 100 mg last summer. But he also gave me a starter package, which was a cardboard folder with each day's dose encased in plastic.

1st day dose started at 300 mg. 2nd day dose was 600 mg. 3 rd day dose 900 mg.

He said not too worry about high dosage, as its unheard of over dosing on gabapentin. He wanted me on 1200mg a day.

I only lasted till day 3 and never took them again. Too strong, made me a zombie, tired, dizzy.

But the 100 mg is perfect. Takes the edge off of pain. You can control dosage. Relaxes muscles, spasms,pain, and even anxiety.

Less pain, less worries.

Who knew I had them this whole time ?

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< BartenderB' >>>>>,

Hope you are starting to feel better!

TrekC',and I both have wondered if Gabapentin would help me. I think my PCP is worried about allergies, and sensitivity to it. I have allergies. in-tolerances, sensitivities, to a lot of meds,and some foods.

I'd still like a chance to try it tho', hopefully it will continue to help you. I was surprised Doc' didn't want me to try it.

I've wondered if it wouldn't ease some of my headache issues and pain. And if it helped w/ IC that'd be fantastic.

I can identify w/ your struggles w/ Tinnitus as well. Mine doesn't go away, I listen to a variety of music and such, but with MES...

sometimes the Tinnitus noise, hyperacusis, and off balance feelings are overwhelming. I'll be trying to concentrate on a song, and the MES wont clear,

so two or three songs,or phrases of songs will repeat, while I am trying to listen to the music I like. it is very frustrating. I am hearing impaired now,

and I wonder if sometimes I have a glazed over far away stare. I'm sorta floating along, but it isn't comfortable. It is discordant, and annoying. I believe it sets up fight or flight feelings.

The Lord, and my TrekCoord-Hubby keep me on balance. We've been remembering you with in our LymeNet family and many others here,in prayer. This mess is no picnic,But we still fight on!!!

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

My LLMD said that Lyme LOVES the bladder. It's a nice safe place for the keets to hang out.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Breakthrough pain.

Time to go into survival mode again.

It's so hard to stay ahead of the pain

Can't take meds while your sleeping.

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Can't believe I would ever say I m looking toward to getting a catherdeter put up my urethra (kitty cat).

Crazy, huh ?

Can't wait. [spinning smile]

Silverwolf, you are a real gem.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement