LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bone Scan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bone Scan
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of years ago, my doctor sent me for a bone scan and it turned out that I had Osteopenia. I also whacked my shin

on a piece of hard furniture and developed a compression fracture (because my bones had gotten soft). Since then I've been taking New Chapter's Bone Strength and since

discovering the fracture, Bone Aid for healing broken bones. I just wanted to put this out there because I think it's important for anyone with Lyme, which eats everything in the body

including the bones, to either start consuming adequate amounts of calcium (not calcium carbonate which is poorly absorbed) and have a bone scan if they feel that they might need one.

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this product looks good tulips. Thanks for sharing. I plan on ordering some.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, thanks tulips! I am a BIG user of calcium as it keeps the muscle spasms and pain down to a livable level. Without it I spasm everywhere to become as tight as a marble is hard.

I checked it out and like db said, looks good!

BTW- OUCH on that bone compression fracture! Made me cringe just reading about yours. Sorry it happened.

Clumsy you...

[lol]

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, Ha. Yes, it hurt a lot for a long time and then I noticed that my shin had a dent in it but the dent is filling in now and the dent is becoming less and less.

And you can believe that I watch where I'm walking now!

Posts: 653 | From Northern Virginia | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you laughed, cause I was taking a risk. Thought maybe you'd come back at me and kick me in the shin!

But, yes, furniture can be very wicked. I got to the point I had so many toes jammed, crushed or broken I took the mattresses off the bed and had them directly on the floor. The bed "legs" didn't like me one bit!

Unlike you who is smart, I didn't remember to be careful. Granted it was usually dark and I was dead asleep just before it happened, but still! OUCH!

When I had a dishwasher I'd forever think of something I needed to get or do and stop what I was doing at the kitchen sink and go full speed ahead right into the open door about mid-shin high at least once a month.

Got that "dent" you talked about and it took a LONG time to heal, mostly because I was too dumb to remember from one time to the next. (No dishwasher now, so I can dance across the kitchen floor! HA!)

Was wondering if you have Bartonella? Bartonella quintana is known to affect the shin bones and mine hurt most of the time, klutz or not. Always tender.

And maybe all of my dents in my bones is the reason I feel I need (crave) so much calcium? You opened my eyes! Could be!

Thanks for that!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tulips
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44773

Not to worry. With humor, nothing ventured, nothing gained and I love a good laugh even when it's on me. I do have flaming Bartonella. Good idea about the calcium. Another thing that can make the long bones ache is calcium

deficiency. I try to take about 1200 mg per day to keep my bones from aching but am not sure how much Mag I should take to balance it out. I now take one 100 Mag at night and 1 in the morning.

windingshores
Member # 48600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for windingshores     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know you could get a compression fracture in your shin. Are you sure?

I doubt osteopenia would cause it. I have severe osteoporosis and don't fracture my shin when I bang it.

Calcium supplementation can be bad for the heart/arteries so if you are not allergic to dairy, it is better to get calcium that way.

Posts: 54 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.brainstormhealth.co.uk/2016/12/could-it-be-kpu/

What if your problem isn't in fact, the KPU or HPU?

Most lyme sufferers have that problem.

Calcium will not solve the problem as there are other minerals involved in bone formation.

-------------------------------
Zinc deficiency may result in emotional disorders, delayed puberty, rough skin, delayed wound healing, growth retardation, hypogonadism, hypochlorhydria, mental lethargy, short stature, diarrhea, stretch marks or striae

... (which may be misinterpreted as Bartonella in some patients), white spots on the fingernails, reduction in collagen, macular degeneration, dandruff, skin lesions such as acne,

... hyperactivity, loss of appetite, reduced fertility, transverse lines on the fingernails, defective MINERALIZATION of bone leading to OSTEOPOROSIS and many others.

Zinc is a powerful anti-oxidant and lower levels of zinc, as found in those with HPU, lead to an increase in oxidative stress.

Lower levels of zinc are correlated with low levels of glutathione, an important part of the detoxification system. Zinc is required to support proper immune function. "White blood cells without zinc are like an army without bullets," says Dr. K.

3 possible origins of HPU are discussed in the literature: genetics, early childhood trauma, and chronic infections.

The connection between HPU and many of the illnesses previously discussed has been known for quite some time.

However, never before has a connection been observed or published between HPU and LYME disease.

This discovery has been a key for Dr. K to return his patients to a better state of health and wellness. The changes he has observed have been profound.

Dr. k has found that 4 of 5 patients with chronic Lyme disease test highly positive for this condition.

That suggests that 80% of patients with symptoms of chronic Lyme disease might benefit from a treatment protocol that addresses HPU.

[ 02-10-2017, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And formation of biofilms ?....i lived on calcium lactate for a time before lyme

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement