LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mystery I have been unable to solve, sleep

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mystery I have been unable to solve, sleep
Lyme California
Member # 40348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme California     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a mystery I have been unable to solve. Basically I always wake up with more inflammation and swelling after sleeping. This can be taking a nap for a couple hours, or a full nights rest.

If I go to sleep feeling fine and little inflammation in my digestive system( this is where I have most of my problems) then when I wake up my brain fog will be worse,

anxiety higher and abdominal cramping/squeezing pain/tightness will be more. This is the most noticeable problem I have with my digestive system.

Does anyone have any idea what body process might be causing this? It would help alot just to know what areas to target to help myself heal.

Thanks in advance

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many here)

[ 02-22-2017, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 11 | From San Jose, California | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know .. but you might try taking a Pepcid (or Zantac) at bedtime or before a nap. See if that helps.

It might!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme California
Member # 40348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme California     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried allegra and that did help, it was pretty noticeable. However I started getting issues like joint pain from the medication. If these type of medicines help, what does that suggest?
Posts: 11 | From San Jose, California | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Lymetoo, what do you make of it that Lyme CA is saying allegra helped?

I'm going to take a guess that this is a digestive issue, since the body is dealing with digestion during sleep. I wonder whether you could experiment with diet and timing around sleeping.

And perhaps consider browsing some digestive experts' sites and see whether anything they're discussing resonates for you -

like Josh Axe, Donna Gates, Sean Croxton, Allison Siebacker, Alan Christiansen, Leo Galland, Steven Wright, Liz Lipski, also Sayer Ji's got a ton of info at his greenmedinfo site.

Another idea is to make an appt with a GI doc to get tested. You don't even know if you could have parasites that could be causing these symptoms. Something is, that's for sure.

[ 02-22-2017, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say it might mean more detox is needed.

The body is dealing with digestion and detox through the liver at night.

Possibly things are getting backed up at night because you aren't moving around and causing you more discomfort.

Maybe bump up the detox?

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe some binders like chlorella. Maybe you are having a harder time eliminating.

I drank 100% alo vera juice when my stomach was at it's worst and it seemed to help. It just felt cool and healing.

If Allegra worked, wouldn't that indicate some histamine issue?

Not sure, just some thoughts.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brain fog can come from inflammation and from poor LIVER function that allows ammonia to build up in the brain. Is there a food triggering an allergy?

I'd try OPC from Pure Encapsulations as it crossed the blood brain barrier and cleans up free radicals and if there is an offending food I'd stop that.

L-ornithine cleans up ammonia that causes brain fog.

Swelling could be inflammation but could be an osmolarity thing and I would try Standard Process A-C Carbimide. It also addresses the ammonia issue. The link below explains. Sounds like a double winner for you (brain fog and swelling).

https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/A-C-Carbamide#.WK2_WRBQjaQ

Anxiety- could be dealt with by a few drops of Rescue Remedy by Bach.

Cramping in the intestines could be helped with
homeopathic Colic combinations like Cocyntal:

https://www.amazon.com/Cocyntal-Oral-Dose-1-02-OZ/dp/B00XM0H8Q4/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1487782169&sr=8-1&keywords=boiron+colic

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's the flooding going there? I was just up in the Santa Cruz mountains for 10 days. Unbelievable amount of rain! 17 shut with that mudslide. Ugh
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement