LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Opinions about my head

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Opinions about my head
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of my symptoms have gotten significantly better. The one thing that seems I can't budge is my head.

It is buzzy, dizzy, pressure, eye strain, ... almost like someone is constantly shaking my head back and forth.

So, my question is: Those of you that had weird head symptoms, what helped?

I thought for a while it might be babs, but I really don't have any other babs symptoms and when I tired babs drugs/treatment, it didn't seem to help.

My Dr. is thinking Bart, but I'm not sure.

Just looking for thoughts.

Hugs all!

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone????
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find this board very very slow nowadays . Maybe try a FB lyme group
Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Geez . . . not even a full day since you posted.

stated: "My Dr. is thinking Bart, but I'm not sure."

I'd go with what your doctor thinks. After all, they have the training, experience and know you. No one here can give a better assessment than someone who has been working with you in person if they are a good and true LLMD.

Bartonella most certainly can do that. I'd sure go into a more detailed discussion with your doctor about how to move forward with this as a strong consideration.

But, also be certain you aren't ingesting or breathing any excitotoxins in foods, air, etc. though it's likely you avoid all that. Just know that even MSG can be called many different things, etc. Anything "natural flavors" or dyes can zoom a brain all around.

Yet, as that seems the case more for those with chronic stealth infections, it just makes sense to avoid such things WHILE also primarily considering the medical advice received and explore bartonella and your options with treatment / support methods.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9e-is-UuY

4:30 Video excerpt from seminar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLK48ecsn-s

Dr. Edward Breitschwerdt on Bartonellosis - NorVect 2014

53-minute video presentation
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The majority of my symptoms resolved after bart treatment. My opinion is that it would be worth further discussing with your dr.

The head symptoms are so awful to deal with-I hope you get some relief soon

Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovedogs
Member # 48866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovedogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The majority of my symptoms resolved after bart treatment. My opinion is that it would be worth further discussing with your dr.

The head symptoms are so awful to deal with-I hope you get some relief soon

Posts: 88 | From new england | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
The seminar posted above is the first step as Dr. B is the ultimate expert on the topic.

If you have Dr. H's book (and his current edition) and also Dr. S's they go into good detail about the differences, too.

Search Google for: Buhner, bartonella

But, I would not go to the pages on treatment just yet. It's good to sit with these chapters in the books -- do not read about other infections right now -- JUST about bartonella.

Let that sit with you for a bit and then go do something very different that uses a different part of your brain.

[some interjecting of thought so this does not flow right (but then, neighter doe sm y brina]

If you have any of Buhner's books on tick borne infections, read all you can that he writes about HOW THIS INFECTION WORKS. He has done a brilliant job of explaining the pathology and symptom scope for all of the tick borne infections.

If you don't have all his books on the various TBD, try to get them. There is so much to learn about how these things work, so many "ah-hah" puzzles to unravel as well as suggestions for ways to move through.

But don't just give it a stab and then move on. Bartonella can become chronic and treatment can take quite a while, regardless of the path chosen.
-

Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88,
I can relate to all your symptoms and I have nasty Bart.

The dizziness, constant buzzing, and the pressure in the head is the worst.

Sometimes at night it feels like my head is pushing my eyes out of the sockets. I take my right hand thumb and place it over my right eye and my right hand index finger over my left eye and apply slight pressure down on eye lids. It relaxes the muscles and I can go to sleep.

Do you have burning feet ? Burning tongue ? Veins that pop out in weird places, like over bones in feet and shins ? Or discolored lines on skin with no known origin ? Do you own a cat ?

I m on Rifamin, which has helped in the beginning but isn't doing its job now. And I don't know why.

Can you try a trial month of Bart treatment to see if improvements come your way ?

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi HW88,

I think we may have the same dr. I too have had awful head symptoms.

After being on about every antimalarial there is, I am slooooowly seeing improvement. I guess mine is coming from a tough case of Babs.. (or the dr thinks so)

Bartender, you and I go to sleep the same way! I too have weird eye sensations and holding my eyelids does help! [Wink] (though mine are better)

Head symptoms have GOT to be the worst! Another thing that seems to have helped is methylated b vitamins.

Blessings!

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definitely try some bart treatment to get rid of those head symptoms.

You should know in a month if the bart meds are having any effect.

So, I would try it as soon as I could.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Oh Thank you everyone. I too have weird eye things at night that makes it hard to sleep. I'm going to try poking myself in the eye. (ha ha)

Foxy, yes we have the same dr.

I tried rifampin for about 2 mo. and it was NOT GOOD! I could only work up to half dose because my stomach would NOT tolerate it. and for those 2 months, I just kept getting worse and worse.

So, not sure if it was an insurmountable huge herx or that I didn't tolerate rifampin.

I will definitely talk to my LLMD about other options for bart.

and YES, Head symptoms are miserable, but really, all lyme and co. symptoms are miserable. it just depends on which one is most prominate... BLAH.

Again, thank you everyone. Everyone here and this site has literally saved my life.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement