LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rib pain/chest pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rib pain/chest pain
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering what infection causes rib/chest pain? Its like a dull pain that increases when I breath in deeply. It hurts in the front and my back.
I also have a chest tightness feeling

I have hot flashes but not sweating

As a separate set of symptoms I also have foot pain, leg pain, anxiety

I have a headache across my forehead with pain in behind my eyes as well

thoughts?

Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to get costochondritis pretty bad. The intensity of the pain went along with my air hunger, so I tend to associate it with babesia.

Sometimes the way the symptoms cluster over one another it's hard to say what's what. Even if one bug isn't the cause of a specific sx it certainly can make it worse all around.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could try something to bring the inflammation down?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy
Member # 27320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I literally have every exact symptom you have plus nausea and painful neck. My worst is the eye pressure/pain and headache.

I think my thigh pain, hot flashes and chest tightness is babesia.

I am currently treating babesia and neurological lyme. I think the other symptoms like extreme anxiety could be caused by either disease.

Posts: 68 | From Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep me too

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really hard to tell what pathogen causes which symptoms. I have costochondritis at times, too. Sometimes, I think it may be from parasites...? Who knows. Babesia is like malaria which is a parasite.

You just have to try different things to see what helps. Have you tried taking a bath in epsom salts?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have costochondritis too. I was pushing my old lawn mower one year and thought I was having a heart attack because my chest hurt so bad. Definitely aggravated with movement especially any pushing. One thing I also learned is massage will aggravate this condition. Treated mine as a sprain.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's like an experiment to see which remedies work for us. For me, capsules of turmeric take down inflammational pain. I get turmeric in bulk at the health food store and dip 00-size empty capsules in it. I take a couple a day. I can feel it working fairly quickly.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny about tumeric... I got some organic tumeric & some chai tea spice mix from the Indian grocery store - it has black pepper & cardamom (it's very spicy tasting). I put alot of it into chai tea & drank it.

One day it made me feel better but it didn't work after that...? They say so many good things about tumeric, I wanted to try it. It didn't seem to do anything that I could actually feel. I tried it almost every day for about a month.

There's an ayruvedic recipie for "golden milk". I tried to do that with chai tea, milk, tumeric, the chai tea spice & some coconut oil (I think you are supposed to use ghee). I didn't feel alot different.

Maybe I'll try it again?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alexkfiore
Member # 50671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexkfiore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past week I have had MAJOR chest throat/neck pain. You're not alone. It comes and goes like all of my symptoms every day is a surprise
Posts: 32 | From Orange County, CA | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThrillJoe
Member # 52266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThrillJoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also suffering from costochondritis so the first time it happened I almost passed out from the pain. I scheduled a medical examination as soon as I could and to my relief my heart appeared to be in order, but other than that I had no other choice but to wait it out with some painkillers. Problem is, it still happens from time to time and the pills don’t help as much anymore, so I had to find different ways to manage the pain. My brother recommended that I try out these kratom extract capsules for sale since he used them for his neck pain and migraines. There’s definitely an improvement pain wise and it kinda feels like the effect lasts longer as well if I mix the content of the capsules in a cup of coffee.

[ 01-18-2021, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: ThrillJoe ]

Posts: 1 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement