LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Looking for help and ideas, please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for help and ideas, please
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, I need some help.

Has anyone experienced muscle weakness alternating with pain, in the arms and legs?

11 days ago I was blowing my nose and heard a pop in my neck. It wasn't muscle or bone, it was a blood vessel, probably a vein. Immediately I felt a rush of blood in my head and got off balance a bit.

Since then, I've had many NEW symptoms which I've never before had.

Most troublesome is muscle weakness in my arms and legs, and my right leg has started hurting and burning almost to the point of a muscle contraction.

My balance has also been a bit off, and I've felt woozy.

I'm terrified that this could be the onset of ALS or something similar, but I'm not sure the symptoms of that disease come on so suddenly. But they are symptoms I've never had before.

Any ideas or help?

Thanks.

Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to read this, Bryan. One idea I have is for you to contact Scott Forsgren at www.betterhealthguy.com since he knows so much and is in touch with so many.

Ok, here are my mundane ideas - magnesium for muscles, turmeric powder to take down pain, liquid minerals to fortify body structures, chiropractic adjustments in case your neck vertebrae are out and causing dizziness.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is impossible for you to hear a vein pop....it was probably a neck joint, and somehow your spine may be pinching a nerve. I would find a good Chiro and have him check it out

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with micul. Sounds like a pinched nerve to me. Chiros are great for that.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had an LLMD confirm that it is CCSVI and says he's seen these thin veins pop and move around...

Now the question is, what do I do.

Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lapis29
Member # 47626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lapis29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as I said in the other thread you need to get a proper diagnosis.

CCSVI doesn't even exist. there is no evidence its real.

go to a neurologist and get some tests done and figure this out.

Posts: 90 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

lapsis29, why are you even on Lymenet if you don't believe in the diagnostic abilities of a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryan .. have you considered that you might have EDS?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

What is EDS?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehlers Danlos Syndrome .. if I spelled it correctly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu aka Ms Spell check Teacher, not spelling something correctly? No way. [tsk] [tsk]

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. I wonder if it was a cyst and it released pathogens or toxins?

The suddenness of symptoms is an interesting point. It sounds like it could be a chiro case...but you say it is CCSVI...so here are some thoughts which could be totally useless to you but I will send them anyway.

Gemmotherapy Tilia tomentosa

Key notes:

Drains and sedates the nervous system
Calming
Sedative
Antispasmodic
Anxiolytic
Anti-inflammatory

Therapeutic Actions:

Drainage, sedative, balancing action on the nervous system

Calming effect for the nervous system

Anxiolytic, sleep inducer, antispasmodic

Detoxifies the nervous system, general detoxifier

Clinical Indications

Nervous: Insomnia, neuralgia, migraine, headaches, stress, overwork, neurosis

Cardiovascular: Hypertension, cardiac palpitations

Digestive: Digestive disorders related to stress, especially IBS, anti-inflammatory

Endocrine: Hyperthyroidism

Musculoskeletal: muscle tension and fibromyalgia

Skin: psoriasis, other skin disorders linked to NS

Antispasmodic in cardiac palpitations
General detoxifier: Gout, helps with weight loss

http://www.ndhealthfacts.org

Helychrism essential oil around ears- helps with circulation. Could help with wooziness if it is ear centered. I have a PEMF mat and that could help circulation too.

Homeopathic Gelsemium 30c for muscle/nerve weakness. 3-4 times a day. If it was going to help I would see some improvement in the first 24 hours of trying it. If I did not see any improvement I would stop because it is not working.

Papaya leaf tea on a separate day so I could see what was helping or not. I would drink a cup 3 times a day. If it helps then I know it is a dopamine thing going on.

Binders- if it released toxins that are making the case feel neuro.

Muscle weakness followed with pain - could it be from generating lactic acid? Homeopathic Arnica 30c. If it helped then I would know it was lactic acid build up. Arnica also helps bleeders...probably too late in the game for applying it for this reason.

Substances that heal veins- bioflavinoids, horse chestnut, rutin.

Consider: Pathogen release possibility.

I'd use my favorite form of glutathione precursor to help clean up nerves/brain, etc.

I had those sensations you are talking about when I accidentally ate dandelion leaves that had been sprayed with Round Up. Never thought they would be spraying dandelions out in the country in Australia.

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.healthline.com/health/multiple-sclerosis/ccsvi#symptoms2

Does this sound like what you're feeling? It includes a list of possible causes. I always like to take a look at possible causation theories and play around with opposite strategies and see whether symptoms go down.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Re your comment above about a blood vessel, I've been watching the Genetic Summit and one talk caught my attention tonite, a discussion about genes that code for NO (nitrous oxide) enzymes.

These enzymes help with pliability of blood vessels, to help them open and close. If there is endothelial dysfunction, there can be clogging of the blood vessels.

He suggested people take L-theanine, an amino acid that's calming. It's also in green tea.

So, thinking about the discussion, if we have a genetic SNP, that's a genetic weak link. The doctor, Dr Yousef Elyaman, functional medicine doctor, said the NO genes 2,3 and 4 can be tested for. I think you could go to his website to learn more.

More thinking, for us - Lyme inflames endothelial tissue. So that could put you back in the arena of inflammation and then you would need to experiment with further anti-inflam treatments.

For me, natural ones are turmeric, noni juice, grapeseed extract.

Another talk on the summit - a DNA genetics analysis. The NO is in the oxidative stress category, as the eNOs test. NO is endothelially derived and regulates vascular tone and smooth muscle wall. The doctor interpreting the test was Dr Yael Joffe, website with the testing is www.GoEvoMed.com/GMALive

I am not a doctor, obviously, just trying to do some thinking about what you said above. My gut feeling is this probably has to do with inflammation and possibly mitochondrial stress.

[ 08-29-2017, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Really good suggestions guys. Thanks. I think Robin and lookup are spot on with this. My bigger question is how do I keep it from recurring. What's the long term fix. Having a hard time figuring that out, but considering IV Ozone, iron dumping via phlebotomy, etc.
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's from plugged up veins how about systemic enzymes? Plus make vein walls strong with rutin, bioflavonoids, liposomal c, horse chestnut.

If trying papaya leaf tea give some days to help build up dopamine. It could be complimented with Dopa Boost by Jarrow or fava beans or Macuna by Liebowitz's line called Supreme Nutrition.

If using his Takisumi for binding I'd start with 4 tsp a day.

Gelsemium- even if there is small improvement I'd carry on and go up the scale of potencies once a potency stops working. 30c then 20oc then 1m then 10m. It would be best to be followed by a certified classical homeopath.

A homeopathic remedy and a glutathione precursor got me out of my muscle weakness/nerve hell the first time. The second nervous/ muscle systems assault was helped with the other things I listed. It's all better now. So that's the good thing.

[ 08-29-2017, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: lookup ]

Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

Tutu aka Ms Spell check Teacher, not spelling something correctly? No way. [tsk] [tsk] [/QB]

heehee... I was too lazy to look it up!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement