LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DNA Connexions + Organic Acids Test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DNA Connexions + Organic Acids Test
Zac
Member # 50949

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Zac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All,

In a bit of a pickle here so I was wondering what the thoughts of this forum were. I got the DNA Connexions (I hate that spelling) done about a month and a half back and just got the results. I am "NPS" with B. Burgdorferi B-OSP, B. Burgdorferi C-OSP, Babesia divergens, and Bartonella henselae. However I do not know if these are active infections.

I also had an organic acids test done recently which showed some pretty significant mitochondrial dysfunction, neurotransmitter depletion (dopamine) and undermethylation.

I was IgeneX IND by testing 31kDa+++, 41kDa++++, and 59kDa++++ with positive 31kDa IGM and IGG isotope tests last year. So I got treated by a doctor in CO with Silver Hydrosol, which he claimed would do the job in 4-6 weeks. After taking 2 months of homeopathic drops, he energetically tested me as having no active infection. I was/am skeptical, but his credentials are overtly impressive, so I went with it. The thing is I am much worse right now (4 months after the therapy) than I was to begin with.

So here is the pickle. I'm attempting to pivot and plan my next move. I'm not sure if I see another Lyme doctor (the one who gave me the DNA Connexions test) for a more conventional Lyme/Co-Infections treatment, or a doctor specializing in tackling the organic acid results test.

One one hand, I feel like taking care of the more underlying issues (methylation, neurotransmitters, mitochondria) would put my system back on the map to fight any infection I may have. I also am hesitant to pump a ton of antibiotics in my body. I'm starting to think Lyme is becoming a bit of a last resort diagnosis, and all the anti-microbials could do more harm in the long run (Organic Acid Doc's opinion)

On the other hand, if I do have active infections, these could be causing the manifestations of the organic acids results in the first place and perhaps I should take care of this first (Lyme Doc's Opinion). Alos, Ive tried treatments for methylation/mitochondria etc and they rarely benefit me.

Its been 8 years of illness, which resulted in my medical discharge from West Point and continuing to delay medical school. I'm trying to get this knocked out as efficiently as possible.

Any input is much appreciated I'm stuck treading water here.

Thanks very much,

Posts: 1 | From Denver, Colorado | Registered: Oct 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had some answers for you. I'm in the same boat (but ill for a lot longer... 30 years since I first got sick.) I am about to do the Organic Acids Test too... it seems like useful info to have, even if treating with antibiotics.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deep in 'tis pear
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deep in 'tis pear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow, I feel that DNA Connexions results cannot be trusted... If I believe their results, I just have Bartonella henselae NPS... I was diagnosed with Lyme long ago... 12 years, and my symptoms are still the same even though I took several courses of antibiotics over the years... Here we are, all in the same bag.
Posts: 123 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badtick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badtick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in that situation before. Keep in mind Lyme infection directly induces immune dysfunction. I thought tackling all the other stuff I had going on would enable my body to fight the Lyme and recover. I was wrong. It was only after I aggressively went after the Lyme infection that my immune system recovered enough to keep me healthy. The other stuff is supportive.

I tried various forms of silver. It had no effect at all on Lyme and company for me. There are a few people in my area that have had silver infusions. I have yet to meet anyone who has had success using silver for Lyme.

Antibiotics, Rife and herbs are treatments that have worked for me.

Posts: 184 | From CT | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement