LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Turmeric bioavalability or absorption increased

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Turmeric bioavalability or absorption increased
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://theheartysoul.com/turmeric-paste-for-maximum-absorption/

3-Ingredient Turmeric-Coconut Oil Mixtures INCREASES Absorption by Over 2000%!

Turmeric seems to boast to many health benefits;

it’s a cancer-fighting, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich spice, and the list doesn’t stop there!

If you’re anything like me and constantly worry about not getting enough of the nutrients you need from your diet, this turmeric paste recipe is all you need!

It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and will last up to two weeks in the fridge.

The best part is you can easily add a couple teaspoons of it to any dish!

Here’s how it works!

-----------------
The turmeric—black pepper—coconut oil trio

These three ingredients offer so many amazing benefits on their own, but the reason this paste works so well is because of how they work together to enhance each other’s effectiveness.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been looking at Bosmeric-SR. It's curcumin, ginger, black pepper, and frankincense in a delayed release tablet. Supposedly they are all synergistic, with black pepper increasing absorbtion. Sounds like the coconut oil method would be much less expensive though!
Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I always prefer to do it on my own...

I can't take turmeric alone (I over react to it with tummy pains...). I was wondering if this mixture with 3 would go better.

When I mix turmeric on my food, I can take it, I feel no bad reaction. The reaction comes when I take it in water alone...

How do you react to the capsules?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink golden milk which has all those ingredients plus a few more. I love it.

Lots of recipes but this is the one I use

https://wellnessmama.com/223/turmeric-tea-recipe/

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this stuff! Good reminder I need to make another batch. Thanks!
Posts: 137 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't tried the capsules yet Brussels, but the doc that formulated them makes a compelling case for he delayed release. I usually like to do stuff on my own too though.
Posts: 748 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Terv, is this the recipe you drink?
It looks delicious... I'm only afraid of the turmeric inside that...

How does your stomach take this?

I have problems to digest turmeric, if I dissolve it in cold water.

Is it better in warm water?

Thanks!

-----------------------

Ingredients

2 cups of milk of choice (almond, pecan, coconut, and dairy all work in this recipe) or use bone broth in place of the milk for a more hearty tea
1 tsp turmeric or turmeric spice mix (where to get it)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (where to find it)
pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or 1/4 tsp ginger powder
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup to taste (optional)

Instructions

First, blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
Then, pour into a small saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
Drink immediately.

D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turmeric or its more potent brother, Curcummin is one of my never go without supplements. My wife took it throughout her Lyme treamtrents and it may have actually helped keep her herxes to a minimum.

I take it also for too many reasons to list. It also will bother my stomach if I take it without food. I am not wild about pepper but I put it on my food when I take Turmeric. I also take it with my Krill Oil as I know it is oil soluble.

It really is one supplement or food ingredient that most every person should try to use.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Brussels just seeing this.

I use the recipe you posted with only turmeric (dont know what turmeric mix is) and without the cayenne and honey.

When you cook the golden milk the turmeric and cinnamon will dissolve such that you get this yellow milk. Reminds me of mepron. I know not a good visual.

I was able to drink this stuff without any issues and did so for at least a year. However recently I discovered that it caused my stomach to burn.

I take another supplement which created the burning because I was taking it wrong. So now I am trying to heal my stomach back up and I hope to get back to drinking it because I love it so much.

I do have turmeric in capsule and haven't tried that since my stomach issues.

A lot of recipes use a paste like you make and cook that with the milk.

If you can handle your stomach issues try using your paste and cooking it with the milk.

I used to make a big batch and then add the coconut when I reheated because the fat would solidify and sit on the top of the batch.

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement