LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone used MMS for Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone used MMS for Lyme?
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondered if anyone has had any good results with MMS (chlorine dioxide). I've talked to a few people (who don't have Lyme) who have tried it. One person said it helped them feel much better, but another person said it gave them a stomachache that didn't go away for weeks. My stomach isn't in the greatest condition.

The whole thing sounds really risky and I doubt it would actually kill the Lyme or Bartonella, but people keep saying it really works and I should try it, so I just thought I would ask to see if anyone else is using it.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard_F
Member # 50948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard_F     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMS won't be good on your stomach that's for sure. if you have access to antibiotics than you're better off going that route as MMS is considered an much cheaper alternative.

what have you done for your lyme and bartonella? have you tried treating it with abx or herbs?

Posts: 21 | From NJ | Registered: Oct 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burned my stomach. I didn't last long on that stuff.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also burned my stomach during active lyme.

Years later, I tried it again, and it did nothing bad to my stomach.

I did not have lyme anymore...

I don't remember anymore why I used it for (maybe candida?), but I took it for a while without problems.

Dr. K used to use it for lyme or babesia.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input

I'm currently on Buhner's herbs, plus N-Acetyl-Cysteine, garlic, and zinc.
I tried different combinations of azithromycin and doxy, and rifampin and minocycline for a while, but I started to feel worse after a few months instead of better.

The herbs seem to be working somewhat better(no side effects), but they seem to work very slowly.

I saw something on another thread about alpha lipoic acid and MSM(not MMS) being good for killing Bartonella. I think that is what I'll try instead. It sounds a lot safer to me.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much safer.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure how ALA and MSM could kill Bartonella. They're good supportive supplements, however.

I'm not a fan of MMS either; pretty rough stuff. It's bleach! Maybe it has it's place sometimes, I don't know. Some people use it topically, which would be a lot safer.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not bleach!

What many drink in TAP WATER is water with bits of bleach.

Cl = chlorine

Chlorine is present in salt, and most of us eat that every day. Salt is mostly Sodium chloride.

Bleach is used to wash vegetables and even poultry is preserved with bleach!

------------
Chloride is found naturally in some vegetables, including tomatoes, celery, olives, lettuce and seaweed.

It's also found in many canned vegetables due to the salt added to help preserve them.

For example, canned peas can have as much as 510 milligrams of chloride per serving, but the same amount of fresh peas only has about 8 milligrams.

Just five olives canned in brine can provide 3,000 milligrams of chloride, and two dried figs have 170 milligrams.

Other than some dried fruits, most fruits tend to contain only small amounts of chloride.

However, some raw fruits and vegetables may have traces of chlorine on them due to being washed in a chlorine bleach solution for sanitization, according to Oklahoma State University.

They are washed in water after being sanitized, so levels should be very low.

In the United States, poultry is often chilled in a chlorine water tank to help disinfect it and limit the risk of salmonella.

The chlorine gets washed off, so any traces should be minimal.

Salted meats, cold cuts, hot dogs and other processed meats are among the highest sources of chloride in the diet.

Prawns, canned tuna, scallops, called salmon, raw oysters, mussels, lobster, crab and cod all provide significant amounts of chloride to your diet.

Ham, bacon, corned beef, organ meats, salami and sausages are also high in chloride.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/338677-foods-that-contain-chlorine/

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Interesting about different sources of chloride.

How about swimming in chlorinated pools? Or is that "bad" chlorine?

I think MSM and alpha lipoic acid are supposed to help bartonella because of the sulfur compounds in them. I really don't know much about them, but I suppose after a certain point you could get too much sulfur. The N-acetyl-cysteine is also supposed to have sulfur in it.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Brussels
Member # 13480

What kills what is hard to say, specially if in plant or energetic medicine forms.

I know that taking binders such as chlorella + bear garlic (rich in sulfur) + MSM (organic sulfur) in a very regular base DURING active lyme or active candida keeps / kept my symptoms mostly low profile.

Nobody was thinking chlorella was a killer, right? I wasn't either, but without chlorella, I would not have really got rid of lyme.

I don't believe I could, as I felt too toxic to take anti microbials. Only chlorella and other binders could make my body accept killing herbs, immuno modulators etc.

In fact, chlorella (and other binders) became the central part of any treatment I did.

Recently, dr. K said that chlorella increases NK cells (natural-killer cells).

Well, as each plant has loads of chemical compounds (very different from single chemical drugs), what the plant is doing is much more than a single targeted function.

So besides the cleaning / binding to neuro toxins, it increased NK cells, why not? On top, chlorella has ALL the aminoacids (proteins) that we need.

So it's also food, nutrition.

So if that combination kills bart and candida (as chlorella is often seen as a candida suppressing algae), it's not really surprising.

I have little doubt that sulfur and other cleaning / binding agents are very important for immune function.

I'm convinced that our immune systems are depressed for several reasons - toxins being one on top of the list.

If ALA is killing I don't know, but it goes on that logic.

Garlic is seen as an antimicrobial, together with onions, both very rich in sulfur (that is one of the main chemicals for binding toxins, heavy metals included).

Is that a coincidence that antimicrobial plants / food are also cleaning our bodies? In my view, no.

Killing and cleaning come hand in hand. At least, that is what I came to believe, after fighting chronic inflammation / infections for so long.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried MMS and it killed my stomach. I personally believe it is dangerous and should not be used at all and definitely not without supervision.

Those who know me know I am an "out of the box" thinker and have used alternative methods to improve my health tremendously.

MMS is not one I can go along with.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8880 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've thought about trying it for Lyme ... and used it externally for acne for a bit (it didn't help much for that) -- but I never actually ingested it. At the end of the day, it scared me too much.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement