LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Parasite cleanse reaction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parasite cleanse reaction
Koco800
Member # 47160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koco800   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did one round of a parasite cleanse (actually only 15 days, a week off, and then 4 days)

Somewhere along the way I experienced hearing issues, and now I have a lot of ear symptoms: whooshing, a cold sensation inside my ears, sound distortion, etc.
It seems to me that maybe something jumped to the foreground after the parasite cleanse but I don't know what it is or what to do. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow for the hearing problems.

I did see some changes with the parasite cleanse, and I have a lot less anxiety and less fatigue but now it seems I'm dealing with a whole new layer of problems.
Not sure exactly where to go from here.
I do have a Lyme doctor but I haven't seen him in a month or so. I will probably make an appointment with him as well.

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koco800
Member # 47160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koco800   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is kind of freaking me out a little because I'm used to just not feeling well and dealing with my typical symptoms

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koco800
Member # 47160

Update: I'm getting referred to an audiologist.

Part of me also wonders if it's Vitamin D related, as I started taking vitamin D just before the parasite cleanse, and immediately started sneezing and having a runny nose.
That is around the time I noticed some change in my hearing as well. Maybe I am sensitive to Vitamin D?
This has happened multiple times when I tried to take it.

Other possibilities: the hearing changes are Lyme or Bartonella related? Lyme is shifting after the parasite cleanse?

Or:
A reaction from taking antibiotics so long? I almost never have problems with drugs though....allergies or side effects

--------------------

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what is your question, exactly...

It does seem like you're peeling the onion!

If you felt more energetic, it could be because it took one layer of the onion off?

Once you kill anything, you can feel toxic. That's a mechanims parasites and pathogens found to depress your immune system, so that they can go on living.

You kill them, they poison you. As easy as that.

I got tinnitus (very strong) from using lots of salt once. I guess, it killed something, and it made me toxic then.

Well, with the years, I learned to take binders and supportive things for the lymph, liver, kidney... so that I get less toxicity from die off.

It's very hard to distinguish symptoms from infection from those of toxins...

that is why binders are important.

my bad tinnitus took time to disappear, but it did with lyme and coinfection treatments.

In the last 5 years, I gained another type of tinnitus though, but it is very low (still).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS

http://hearinglosshelp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tinnitusdruglist2013.pdf

Prescription Medications, Over-the-Counter Drugs, Herbs & Chemicals Associated with Tinnitus

2013 Edition - 30 pages - Compiled by Neil G. Bauman, Ph.D.

Still, his 3rd edition of Ototoxic Drugs is best to have for a fuller set. So much just cannot be found via the web. Book:

http://hearinglosshelp.com/shop/ototoxic-drugs-exposed/

Ototoxic Drugs Exposed (3rd edition)

The Shocking Truth About Prescription Drugs, Medications, Chemicals and Herbals That Can (and Do) Damage Our Ears

By Neil Bauman, Ph.D.

. . . detailed listings of the ear-damaging side effects of 877 drugs, 35 herbals and 148 chemicals (798 pages).
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koco800
Member # 47160

Update:

I went to audiologist.
She seems to think it is hearing damage caused by medication, possibly antibiotics.
I was on Biaxin, Rifampin, and Bactrim most recently.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Sorry to hear that. Some things might settle down, still, it's important to be proactive as possible.

Were you able to do "liver support" during entire time you were on those Rx?

It's important to get the Bauman book on Ototoxic Drugs as not all ototoxic substances are listed in his web pages.

If you are still taking any ototoxic Rx or even aspirin, it's very important to have liver support at least with you now. Antioxidants as with liver support herbs or NAC (a nutrient) may - may - help protect ears.

Still, be sure to go over all you take and be sure to weed out any ototoxic items that are not required / have alternatives.

Sometimes, Rx may be required yet, again, only with specific precautions on board, too.

Also, you might consider rife machine.

Still, lyme, itself can cause all kinds of hearing / vestibular issues / damage. So it has to be treated assertively, somehow. The tinnitis thread offers other considerations for ear / hearing safety.

Be sure not even to run a hair dryer without dB rated ear plugs, etc. dB rated muffs for any blenders, vacuums, etc.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Milk Thistle is the most common liver support but there are others, too. Just be sure to always include it. Time it a couple hours away from Rx, though.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS educated LL professional in complementary fields (naturopathic, acupuncture, etc.)

Also includes article and book links by all kinds of LL authors - and information about herbal and nutritional supplements.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh .. sorry to hear!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koco800
Member # 47160

Thanks, I will try doing liver support.
I wasn't on milk thistle while on the antibiotics this time, although I have been on that in the past.
Hopefully some of problem will clear up.
I have a strange warm sensation on the left side of my head and part of my face, so part of me wonders if something else is going on as well. I'll make an appt with my LLMD next week...the audiologist forwarded the results of the tests she did.
Thanks for the suggestions...

--------------------

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia??

How are your teeth? Roots? Jaws?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koco800, so sorry for what you have been going through. I also lost hearing with this disease and more of it after taking xithromax and being exposed to loud music at my daughter's wedding.

The combination of ABX and loud sound can also be lethal, so please protect your ears with ear muffs or ear plugs when you are exposed to loud noise like hair dryers, vacuum cleaners, and machinery.

When I lost hearing, I developed hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound), invasive tinnitus, and distortion of sound as though sounds I heard were coming from bad speakers or under water.

It was horribly frightening. My hearing did not improve, but many of these symptoms gradually got better. The tinnitus stayed with me but did not seem as severe as it was in the beginning. I would also have 'flares' where I would have all of these symptoms again.

Some antibiotics are safer than others. I would highly recommend looking at 'ototoxicity' levels with your LLMD before taking anymore ABX. Unfortunately, they help us but they can hurt some of us at the same time. Sometimes,after you stop a certain ABX, your hearing may improve over time. Mine did not, unfortunately.

Dr.Neil Bauman has written a book about this and you can get info online as well. Keebler's links above have probably included this info.

I take lysine, NAC, vinpocetine and lots of magnesium to support my ears. Also milk thistle. I have struggled for years with my ear problems and recently, have been treated for mold and biotoxin illness that could be preventing me from getting well. I am noticing an improvement but it is still early in my treatment.

All I can say is life is so much better without all of my horrible ear symptoms. I pray things will continue to get better. Feel free to PM me about any of this. There is also an interesting article that just came out in Huffington Post that mentions the connection of hearing problems and Lyme disease (and more!)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/audiologist-theres-a-huge-connection-between-lyme_us_5a159cfae4b009b331ad7671

I hope things get better for you.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koco800, your symptoms sound like bartonella or Lyme to me. But maybe antibiotics might have caused it, I don't know. It probably is a coincidence but the only time I heard whooshing noises was when I was taking vitamin D.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard_F
Member # 50948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard_F     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sorry but i'm having a hard time believing you have permanent hearing damage from taking antibiotics. the 'damage' is most likely temporary and from bug die off.

if you want to kick parasites in the teeth get some alinia. unfortunately it's crazy expensive but its like napalm to parasites.

Posts: 21 | From NJ | Registered: Oct 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement