LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chronic lyme = chronic candida = chronic EBV?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chronic lyme = chronic candida = chronic EBV?
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-symptoms/

Here are the 11 of the most common Candida symptoms that you may be experiencing:

Chronic fatigue
Brain fog
Digestive issues

Recurring yeast infections
Oral thrush
Sinus infections

Food allergies/intolerances
Fungal infections on the skin and nails
A weak immune system

Joint pain
Low mood

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top Symptoms Associated with MOLD-Associated Illness:

Fatigue and weakness
Headache, light sensitivity
Poor memory, difficult word finding

Difficulty concentration
Morning stiffness, joint pain
Unusual skin sensations, tingling and numbness

Shortness of breath, sinus congestion or chronic cough

Appetite swings, body temperature regulation,

Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst

Red eyes, blurred vision, sweats, mood swings, sharp pains

Abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating

Tearing, disorientation, metallic taste in mouth

Static shocks

Vertigo, feeling lightheaded

----------------------------
Checklist that might indicate mold exposure or mold sensitivity (from ECH website)

Do musty odors bother you?

Have you worked or lived in a building where the air vents or ceiling tiles were discolored?

Have you noticed water damage or discoloration elsewhere?

Has your home been flooded?

Have you had leaks in the roof?

Do you experience unusual shortness of breath?

Do you experience recurring sinus infections?

Do you experience recurring respiratory infections and coughing?

Do you have frequent flu-like symptoms?

Do your symptoms worsen on rainy days?

Do you have frequent headaches?

Are you fatigued and have a skin rash?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Dr Zahra Bergmann speaks about her own chronic EBV infection:

If you are more than 40, 98% of chance you have the virus in latent state (it never leaves your body, like Bb).

The virus can become chronic active, causing low grade infection.

It is not recognized by MDs or medical exams.

Even children can have active chronic EBV infections.

There are many herpes-family viruses.

Dr. Bergmann's own symptoms were:

- nerve burning sensations
- sinuses chronic infected

- tinnitus
- chronic fatigue

- unexplained back pain
- eczema, comes and goes

- histamin intolerance
- weak concentration

- allergy to foods
- anxiety

- moving joint pains
- Hashimoto Thyroid

- HPU problem

Brussels
Member # 13480

EBV is linked to MS, Alzheimer's, ADHD, some cancers.

Bb is linked to MS, Alhzeimer's, ALS.

A study links chronic lyme to ADHD in adults.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.27483/pdf
A study linking Borrelia to a lymphoma cancer.

Chronic candida is linked to development of cancers, 2 separate studies show it can trigger onset of MS.

Some protocols to deal with MS symptoms recommend a strict anti candida diet (also no gluten, no sugar, etc).

----------------
I don't know if you guys get what I'm trying to show here:

how can we be sure our main problem is ONLY Bb?

What if we all suffer simply from a syndrome of chronic infections, low immune system ?

I healed my chronic lyme many years ago.

I worked hard to heal my chronic candida, but in fact, I fare well on the same anti viral protocols of EBV and many anti virals work well against what I thought was candida!!

Most symptoms of chronic pathogens overlap, and diseases are called different names but different pathogens are related to the same diseases...

We all know that lyme and mold are closely connected.

We all know that lyme and candida are closely connected.

Now I read this book of chronic EBV, but it sounds like chronic lyme to me...

Same treatments working for EBV and, by the way, against cancer, work well against chronic lyme.

and each of these pathogens are linked to MS, maybe all to cancers, maybe all to food allergies, gut problems?

To Alzheimer's? To brain or nerve diseases?

gz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what sets the stage for us to be sick with Lyme also sets the stage for cancer to grow. Lyme and the damage it causes makes an easier environment for chronic everything.

I believe it is all connected. Give the body what it needs to heal, but there's still often more needed. A new issue with every layer we peel away.

At one point I thought my Lyme issues had gotten so much better that I thought I would be able to pull away from them. Then I realized just how badly the moldy house I'd been living in was making me so much worse.

I am one of three in my family. While we've all had some issues I'm still at a worst point while the others have been better for a while. It's more than just the external influences.

I've been tending to lean towards the types of treatments that can be helpful to Lyme, HIV, cancer, MS, and other chronic issues. I feel certain things that are capable of addressing multiple maladies do so by addressing the body itself, perhaps by regulating the very mechanisms that would allow such illnesses to overtake good health.

Posts: 474 | From US | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Yeah, gz. I guess I'm in the same bag...

While we, in the lyme community, think that Bb is behind every single illness (or many of them!),

.....this little book from Zahra Bergmann made me think about a parallel community thinking EBV is behind everything!?

There are the candida / mold illness communities too, thinking their candida + mold problem could be behind everything...

The the parasite community, thinking parasites are the culprit...

I heard dr. K speaking about autoimmune.

He said microbes are behind autoimmune responses.

He did his PhD on autoimmune diseases.

"There is no such thing as auto-immune - the body doesn't attack healthy cells (according to Dr.Kl.). "

"- In an auto-immune condition, the body attacks cells that are polluted or have microbes (i.e., Lyme spirochetes etc.) embedded in some way. "

"Tiny amounts of metal get embedded in cells and these cells get attacked. "

"In a person with auto-immune issues, the immune response is over exaggerated."

As most people living on the planet today suffer from some kind of inflammation (no matter which community you are, the leaky gut, lyme, mold, even heart related illnesses etc)...

... that can become chronic, does it mean, they are all PROBABLY fighting microbes and /or toxins?

that is why they got the inflammation to start with!?

I mean, 100% of the time, 24 hs/day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, non stop?

The whole global population is fighting against microbes AND toxins, non-stop?

Brussels
Member # 13480

I just got a book about healing foods, from the Medical Medium Anthony Williams.

http://www.medicalmedium.com/life-changing-foods

The guy looks like a sort of Cayce of our time concerning healing food.

He said the same: there is no auto immune disease: behind every single chronic disease, there are 4 factors:

DDT (pesticides)
heavy metals (toxins)

viruses such as EBV (pathogens)
radiation (wifi, xray, etc etc)

He's not a MD, but somehow, it feels he's got a point.

He mentions lyme in certain parts of the book. And MS, autism, ALS, autoimmune etc etc....

He said that having one of the problems above is not a GREAT big deal, usually.

The problem is when you have heavy metals + viruses, for example.

These 4 factors are synergistic and go exponential, when they appear in combination.

No wonder people can get EBV reactivated just by being short time near a strong wifi source!

---------------------
The good thing about the book is that he proposes solutions.

I'm just at the beginning, so I can't really talk about it yet...

Stumpy
Member # 27320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, this is very interesting to me. I have MS, lyme, bartonella and babesia. Struggling for years. My new Integrative doctor told me last week that I have reactivated EBV.

I've had these results for years but my LLMD has always said it is simply from an old infection and not active. The new doctor insists that it is active and I now believe that. I have all the symptoms you listed. Thanks for information.

Posts: 68 | From Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Poor you. And poor us!

The book I mention is written by an MD, who suffer herself from CHRONIC EBV.

She specifically mentioned that few doctors recognize CHRONIC EBV. They think that EBV is either acute or FULLY dormant, inactive.

She does not agree with that at all!

She said that EBV, once infected, can be CHRONICALLY active the whole life, creating all sorts of symptoms. Mystery symptoms.

What she describes as symptoms look for me like neuro lyme, auto immune, leaky gut, stuff that we suffer.

the natural treatments dr. Zahra Bergmann proposes are the same the lyme community proposes.

By the way, there are the same in the cancer communities (I mean, the natural solutions).

I start to suspect that maybe Anthony Williams may be right: what if viruses (like EBV) in chronic forms are not behind our immune weakness??

He thinks viruses are BEFORE causing damage to the immune system, and bacterial infections, parasites etc come after (as far as I understood).

I know someone who had a bad mononucleosis (acute EBV) and after that, she said she never was the same person again. She also got bitten by ticks, and also got a HUGE EM rash on her back decades ago.

But she claims that it was mono that knocked her health. She doesn't even believe she has lyme, even though I told her, it looks much like lyme to me!!

What is crazy is that I BELIEVED the whole time I suffered from chronic candida. But very few candida remedies work for me.

Then I get some anti viral stuff (herbs, tinctures, homeopathics) and I feel better!

I start to wonder what the heck I'm in FACT fighting?

Brussels
Member # 13480

NOw another virus that comes to my mind is the polio virus.

I remember watching hours of conferences of a researcher I forgot the name (it was during my lyme brain time...) and he kept repeating that the polio virus is not dead.

It just got chronic and infects a GREAT part of the population, creating mystery illnesses.

Vaccines pushed the virus to change - if my ex-lyme memory can be trusted - and it became chronically active, going UNDER the immune system radar.

Well, MUCH like Borrelia and coinfections.

While acute lyme may still be recognized, many doctors deny the chronic forms.

What if viruses were ALSO the same as Bb, causing zillions of people chronic symptoms, and MDs keep denying??

Stumpy
Member # 27320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels, I am definitely going to pursue EBV treatment. I have done years of antibiotics, homeopathics, herbals, Ondamed, and rife going after lyme, bart and babs with no effect.

I am very interested in how the doctor will treat a chronic infection.

If I have any success or even feel a little better, I will post in the future.

Posts: 68 | From Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I think many people that got lyme already treated or are currently treating EBV, but mostly in its acute manifestations.

According to the book, there is no single magic bullet to get rid of chronic EBV.

Doesn't that sound familiar?

Same as chronic lyme, chronic candida.

you can aim to treat EBV, but first: how do you determine it got really dormant, if tests still acitve?

mrsfarmer
Member # 50042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsfarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels,

I am definitely interested in hearing more about the book you are reading. [Smile]

Posts: 74 | From over here | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Mrs Farmer, the book is a booklet, not too into biochemistry or medical terminology.

It's a book about her struggle with EBV, getting diagnosed, proving she was ill with an active chronic EBV, and what she did after getting NO HELP.

Well, it's much like any of us. With the difference, she was an MD.

So here is for you: a google translated text from Dr. Zahra Bergmann:

-----------------------

As a doctor I was once sure:

My knowledge about diseases and their treatment will always save me from serious illnesses.

I was used to my recurrent sinusitis and discomfort in the ear, nose and throat area.

In each new city I moved, I first inquired about the local ENT doctors.

But my complains did not stay only at sinusitis.

In further years, a sudden loss of hearing with permanent tinnitus and hearing problems was added.

After each infection, I lost another part of my hearing.

In 2000, I got a strange burning sensation in my heart,that was pretty tormenting.

From one colleague I ran to the other.

Nobody could determine something concrete.

I have treated myself symptomatically with various medications.

That's how I learned it during my studies.

Unfortunately, in vain!

Brussels
Member # 13480

Continuing by dr. Zahra.
----------------------------------------

Then after an unprotected amalgam removal in 2007

The complaints intensified.

The burning has then spread creeping

- on the whole ribcage

- the gastrointestinal tract

- and the left ear (my weak spot since childhood)

Further complaints were added:

- rapid deterioration of vision

- massive sleep disorders

- inability to dream

- tachycardia

- Hashimoto's disease

- food intolerance

- Constantly viral and bacterial infections in the ear, nose and throat area

- fungal infections

- histamine intolerance

- gaining weight despite equal nutrition

- lack of concentration

- inner unrest

- calf cramps

- mental and physical exhaustion

- Hair loss, my hair became thinner

- spots on the face

- Cellulitis

- Occupied vocal cords

- Inability to sweat despite sports and intensive sauna visits

Brussels
Member # 13480

Continuing Dr. Zahra (note that this looks VERY MUCH LIKE LYME disease!!!)
-------------------------------------

Much of this I learned to endure over time

But I could not just put off the fiery burning!

I ran again from one colleague to the next, hoping for a definitive diagnosis and appropriate cure.

Various diagnoses have been made, which today I can only classify as symptoms.

Several hospital stays and various treatments:
unfortunately useless!

The treating colleagues were surprised why and where I got such infections.

Only a generous operation of my paranasal sinuses made me at least get more oxygen than before.

The list of prohibited foods for histamine intolerance is terrible.

I could eat almost nothing.

I did not just want to take it that way.

So sat down and researched more intensively than before!

Why was I trapped in this trap?

The big puzzle became clearer when I found out that vitamin B12 deficiency can cause histamine intolerance.

I took my laboratory findings under the microscope.

Everything indicated that I had a vitamin B12 deficiency.

Already after the first injection I felt great relief and improvement.

Driven by curiosity and ambition, I found out that I lacked various minerals and vitamins.

I wondered where those shortcomings came from?

I was one of those who consciously fed myself with good nutrition!

Brussels
Member # 13480

Continuing Dr. Zahra (if you have food allergies specially histamin intolerance, it is worth to look into this EBV tip)

------------------------

The big puzzle fits together

We no longer feed correctly.

We are a long way from the food that was primarily ours.

We are drowning in an abundance of non-vital foods that are more damaging to the body and poison us.

In addition, there are various pollutants that we take unnoticed.

The result is poisoning and overacidification of the body.

These acid wastes are neutralized with the help of minerals.

Neutralized acids become salts.

These slags (neutralized acids) are stored throughout the body.

This is how many chronic diseases develop, like mine and probably also yours.

For months I studied and experimented
to create a practical therapy path for me.

Ultimately I wanted to tackle my complaints now at the root.

I had to go four almost parallel paths:

1 Detoxify my poisoned and over-acidified body and bring it into the healthy basic area

2 Provide my body with essential minerals and vitamins that were lacking in non-species-appropriate food

3 Learn a new diet to give my body what it needs

4 Very important in everything: the physical exercises

Brussels
Member # 13480

Dr. Zahra, last part:

-----------------------------

I felt better every day

This motivated me to continue my research.

And where do I stand today ??

I was surprised how most of the complaints gradually receded.

I can see better, think more clearly.

My hair has become fuller.

I sleep easily and very deeply.

I did not realize that I could not dream for years.

Now the nights are not empty anymore.

I can dream again, is not that nice?

I feel much more efficient, balanced and calmer than before.

A new life energy that I've never had in my life

All my friends, relatives, even my 80 year old mother and my nine year old daughter benefited from this new life concept ...

...and some detoxification and re-vitalization measures.

That's how I got the idea, my knowledge
and pass on my experiences to others.

From this, the idea of ​​a the booklet Way Out was born.

-----------------------
Source:

http://www.wegwarte.eu/index.php/mein-weg

Brussels: She can send you the book (in German) for a very low price through the internet.

It's a very practical handbook about foods, supplements and what she did.

Very easy to understand (you read it in one evening).

What amazes me is that when I read it, it felt I was reading a book about chronic lyme disease!

Brussels
Member # 13480

Anthony Williams book about healing foods

I'm reading this book about super healing foods (nothing out of space, many are common things we all eat regularly or from times to times).

The guy is not a scientist or a doctor, but he's more in line with Edgar Cayce about 100 years ago.

but more tuned into foods than Cayce.

He said, like the MD above (Dr. Z. Bergmann), that the first pathogen plaguing humanity is EBV or herpes viruses (from the family).

They stay in chronic state and weakens the immune system. For him, chronic lyme and chronic candida are consequence from viruses. Even many cancers.

He said there are 4 main causes of chronic diseases today:

1- heavy metals

2- DDT and pesticides

3- radiation (electrosmog, X-rays, etc)

4- viruses (herpes family viruses and pathogens)

Well, this is a bit in line with biological medicine thinking.

The good thing is that he proposes counter actions through FOOD.

the other good thing is that you don't need to change completely your diet and change to 'his' diet.

He proposes no diet.

He only proposes that you add such healing foods.

Healing foods can:

1- detox pesticides, chemicals

2- detox heavy metals

3- kill viruses, pathogens, lyme, babesia, candida, etc

4- help the body cope with radiation damage (free radicals, lack of myelin, nerve damage... )

I'm already applying some of his recipes of smoothies, salads, curry, juices, etc, very easy recipes.

Some of them feel very good, you feel like a rush of cleansing energy into your brain, body...

My ex-lyme doctor wrote me an email talking about this book months ago.

He follows dr. K and has treated hundreds of chronic lyme patients (he still does).

He highly recommends it!

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels,
I just read Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal by Anthony William.

He thinks that EBV and viruses are causing chronic diseases, including Lyme.

I don't know, but in the chapter about Lyme, he describes a virus doing exactly the things that the Lyme bacteria does, such as corkscrewing into the body's cells and releasing neurotoxins when it dies.
Very un-virus like.

I am interested in what you think of his point of view.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrsfarmer
Member # 50042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsfarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol/Brussels,

I was looking at that book...what did you think about it? A worthy read?

Posts: 74 | From over here | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Hi Carol, I asked this book for Xmas! Not read yet...

Not too long ago, I watched a documentary about giant viruses. They are, as said, 'giant'.

Giant Pandora virus are a 'fourth domain' of life forms

-----------------
FROM THE LINK ABOVE:

"They (scientists) have long suspected that giant viruses evolved from cells;

... if they are right, the ancestors of Pandoraviruses must have been very different from the bacteria, archaea and eukaryotes we have today.

“We think that at some point, the dynasty on Earth was much bigger than those three domains,” says Abergel.

Some cells gave rise to modern life, and others survived by parasitizing them and evolving into viruses.

The discovery suggests that scientists’ may revise their concept of what a virus looks like."

-----------------------------

Can you imagine, viruses are so tiny, it's hard to see them in a microscope, or detect them.

Unlike bacteria, that are huge in comparison...

Then scientists recently discovered a new form of life, but they are not tiny, but very big, sometimes bigger than small bacteria!!

How many life forms we still know nothing about, that was my question.

If we don't even know about these giant viruses, imagine other tiny viruses...

There must be thousands, maybe millions, even billions of viruses and beings that we still know nothing about.

It depends on what we are looking at, I suppose?

Bacteria such as lyme are extremely complex life forms compared to normal viruses, who are more like 'animated' proteins...

If the lyme bacteria is still hard to find (in blood exams, I mean), imagine viruses...

It's not a coincidence, in my opinion, that chronic infections is not really a well known domain.

It's not only lyme, but chronic types of yeast (also very complex forms of life)...

Most people barely know they are infested with chronic yeast or chronic bacteria.

Just see the lyme community fight to try to prove we in fact, suffer from a chronic infection!

So it won't be a surprise if we are possibly infected with a series of chronic infections, viral, bacterial, giant viruses, yeast, protozoans, whatever...

Doctors know little too and pharma probably has little interest (as it's too complex, no single bullet will ever heal a chronic disease...)

So why not, chronic viruses?

There is already HIV, that stays chronically.

Herpes is known to stay chronic.

Hepatitis C virus too.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Look at the polio virus: years ago, a researcher dedicated great part of his life to show that the polio virus (from the same family)

... is in fact behind many of our chronic health problems, very widespread, but no one was looking at the evidence that was screaming.

That story about chronic polio, causing all sorts of neuro problems, always remained back in my head.

I just need to change the name: EBV / herpes, or chronic polio virus ...

That is another reason to treat any chronic infectious condition holistically:

... we may be dealing with more than one pathogen (as seen in the lyme picture)...

And if most of these chronic infections survive by weakening our immune system, they come hand in hand with other pathogens (like candida and lyme walk together, and brain viruses and lyme, right?).

I used Hypericum in homeopathic form and St. John's Wort (in tea form) and lots of frozen garlic during active lyme.

These are known to have anti viral effect.

I also used a lot of Sanum products, which are mostly penicilin based and they must have taken some viruses too.

Certainly, lyme comes with candida and virus, plus parasites, they all walk hand in hand.

Who came first, that is THE question.

Just think about that: in case viruses are BEFORE lyme, abx will never get them.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Anthony Williams is not a doctor, he's a medium, in the lines of Cayce, John of God.

They do not speak from book knowledge, but from what they hear, and learn 'directly'.

John of God is even more crazy, more like Cayce, in the sense that he has even no memory of what he did or said. Total trance.

I do not close doors, but do not jump inside immediately.

I love Anthony William's book because many of the fruits / veggies / teas / spices he swears have healing powers, I always used / eat regularly.

He recommends cats claw tea, to be drunk by every one!

I loved cats claw during lyme, but since then, never touched it because I saw it as a medicine, not as a tea.

I keep reading in books, internet:
avocado is not good, avocado is good.

Banana is good, banana is bad.

Fruits are good, fruits are bad.

Animal proteins are a must. They should not be eaten.

Etc.

No diet ever worked for me, to tell you the truth.

That is why I decided to do a diet on my own, just following my intuition, and indeed, my 30 year old candida infection kept quiet, very tamed.

It should be raging now, in this weather. But it is quiet.

I kept eating loads of fruits, bananas, avocados, mangoes, blueberries, water melon, pomelos, etc.

Loads of these stuff, and my candida kept quiet.

If I added a bit of any milk product, any sugar, got bits more of carbs in a day (gluten free, organic), inflammation came back.

So I dropped these (only eat bits of carbs).

Williams says bananas fight candida.

Most fruits fight candida.

Well, that is what happened to my body.

I did that overload of fruits to fight candida before I read this book.

It does fit to my experience, I mean, on fighting chronic candida.

So now, after reading what he thinks, I'm going to follow his suggestions food-wise and see.

I already feel that simply adding wild blueberries + water melon + lemon + honey + coconut + apricots + celery daily gives me an amazing type of energy.

Wild blueberries + water melon + honey + lemon + lemon zest = feels like Megahydrate for me.

It feels my eyes see better, my brain gets a cool feeling...

It's true deep energy, it's not carb / sugar energy!

Same thing happened fist time on acai berry juice: a wow feeling!

I'll try to introduce now flat leaf parsley (that I already often eat) in MUCH greater amounts as he suggests.

It just popped in my head that if you eat a handful of parsley a day (fresh), you won't have to buy Cowden parsley tincture and you'll probably get even a better effect (because you take chlorophyll, that feeds the mitochondria too).

If the foods do what he claims they do, that is a must book to have and apply.

Very easy to do recipes, some are delicious.

Many of the fruits, you can also take frozen, so it^s very easy to do (even for lyme sufferers).

Just buy them, stock in the freezer, take some out in the evening, the next day they are good to eat.

Stumpy
Member # 27320

Brussels, I said I would post on my chronic EBV treatment after I discussed it with my Integrative doctor. I'm going to try Nes Health first which is basically scanning the body for the EBV frequency I respond to. Treatment is a 30 minute pulse followed by taking home the prepared tincture to that frequency. Reminds me of rife or Ondamed.

If I don't feel it is working after three sessions, then we will try herbals and homeopathics. I can stop everything at any time and ask for pharmaceutical antivirals. Hoping it works.

I'm open to this because it will work with my current herbal and RX drugs for lyme, bart and babs.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Stumpy, Dr. Rau from Paracelsus says to keep away from ALL antiviruses (I mean, chemical stuff).

Why? Viruses are PROTEINS, basically, and when you take anti viruses, you take anti-proteins.

Proteins are the BASE OF life, the bricks of life, hormones, enzymes, cells. No proteins = no life.

Anti virus = anti-proteins = anti cells = anti hormones = anti enzymes, etc

Got it?

Plus a simple anti virus will never defeat the chronic problem, like LOADS of chemical abx will not necessarily defeat chronic lyme.

That is why I'd rather go holistically.

Just google dr. Rau, Paracelsus, anti-viral... He believes anti virals are even worse than antibiotics, in terms of damage to the body.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Post Polio Syndrome = Post Lyme Disease Syndrome !!!?

Wikipedia: Post-polio syndrome (PPS):

" After a period of prolonged stability individuals who had been infected and recovered from polio begin to experience new signs and symptoms, characterised by muscular atrophy (decreased muscle mass),

... weakness, pain and fatigue in limbs that were originally affected or in limbs that didn't seem to have been affected at the time of the initial polio illness.[2]

PPS is a very slowly progressing condition marked by periods of stability followed by new declines in the ability to carry out usual daily activities.[3]

Most patients become aware of their decreased capacity to carry out daily routines due to significant changes in mobility, decreasing upper limb function and lung capability.

Fatigue is often the most disabling symptom; even slight exertion often produces disabling fatigue and can also intensify other symptoms.[4]

Problems breathing or swallowing, sleep-related breathing disorders, such as sleep apnea and decreased tolerance for cold temperatures are other notable symptoms"

-------------------

Numerous theories have been proposed to explain post-polio syndrome.

Despite this, there are currently no absolutely defined causes of PPS.

The most widely accepted theory of the mechanism behind the disorder is "neural fatigue".

The neural fatigue theory proposes that the enlargement of the motor neuron fibers places added metabolic stress on the nerve cell body to nourish the additional fibers.

After years of use, this stress may be more than the neuron can handle, leading to the gradual deterioration of the sprouted fibers and, eventually, the neuron itself.

This causes muscle weakness and paralysis.

Restoration of nerve function may occur in some fibers a second time, but eventually nerve terminals malfunction and permanent weakness occurs.[3]

When these neurons no longer carry on sprouting, fatigue occurs due to the increasing metabolic demand of the nervous system.[6] The normal aging process also may play a role.

-------------------
Another theory is that people who have recovered from polio lose remaining healthy neurons at a faster rate than normal.

However, little evidence exists to support this idea.[9]

Finally, it has been proposed that the initial polio infection causes an autoimmune reaction, in which the body's immune system attacks normal cells as if they were foreign substances.

Again, compared to neural fatigue, the evidence supporting this theory is quite limited

----------------------
Brussels' comment: Note that the POST POLIO syndrome, like post lyme disease syndrome (that was how we were all labelled) shows NO ACTIVE POLIO VIRUS INFECTION!!

If you read that wikipedia page, and change the name Polio-Virus to Borrelia burgdorferi, you get the SAME picture of chronic lyme!!!

Researchers find no more active polio virus (so they say) the same way they find no more active Bb in chronic sufferers (called Post-lyme syndrome, years ago).

What if Post-polio syndrome is not chronic active polio virus???

Stumpy
Member # 27320

Thanks Brussels! That's kind of what my new doctor said about the RX antivirals and why she wants me to try the frequency and homeopathics.
Brussels
Member # 13480

Hey, I found one group of researchers who think Post Polio Syndrome is caused by ACTIVE VIRAL INFECTION!!

http://www.post-polio.org/edu/pphnews/PPH31-3sum15p6-7.pdf

" Low-level genomes and infectivity related to any one of the three PV types have been detected at high frequency in PPS patients decades after the acute attack."

Brussels
Member # 13480

Yep, go natural, specially if this virus is chronic.

There is the problem of inaccurate testing for all chronic infections, it seems, as we already know.

We think it's only lyme, but as you can see, the problem is widespread to many pathogens: polio and herpes /EBV are just two of them!

I suspect candida / yeast / mold is overall too.

I think if we could know which pathogens infect us, it would not be a surprise that patients with cancer suffer from chronic infectionS too.

Probably more than one.

Just think about parasites, how labs find next to nothing but when people take anti parasitic herbs or do colonics, or do liver flushes, they see the parasites leaving!

If post-polio syndrome is active polio virus, and when you read what some researchers think about the mutation of polio viruses, ...

... you wonder if the vaccine in fact did not eliminate the pathogen, but it simply mutated and now it hides from exams as they are no longer sensitive(due to slight mutations, exams come negative....).

some researchers seem to believe that hypothesis is true.

The amount of chronic neuro diseases that we all have seem to point in that direction too!

Some doctors think it's herpes, others point to candida or other diseases (such as lyme itself)...

.. but some point to a mutated polio virus, that keeps low profile (not causing visual paralysis, but still destroying some nerve connections),

....and you just wonder if this hidden epidemic of neuro diseases does not come in fact from viruses that infect the brain and nerves?!

At least, that is what it feels like.

Not only toxins, not only electrosmog, but also pathogens infesting the brain and nerves making for all these neuro diseases, for the young and the old....

And the not too old too!

As we are fighting in the dark, not knowing what we are fighting, only a holistic approach may lead us out.

I would definitively concentrate on building the body, not destroying it.

Giving it nutrition, not poisoning it.

And definitively, I love energy treatments, I think they are probably a century or more ahead chemical drugs (for chronic conditions).

Brussels
Member # 13480

Weather is freezing now. No signs of candida or whatever infection on skin.

I did eat some wheat and sh.. during Xmas, no way to get away with my diet...

But there is no single sign of infection, or inflammation.

I'm trying to follow Anthony Williams advice, and I start to believe that his advice fits me like a glove.

I took off EGGS from my diet (besides gluten and milk), but am eating LOADS of fruits and veggies, potatoes, did not stop meat (in minimal amounts), fish...

I added HONEY daily, at first, I was afraid. Now I take about 3-4 tea spoons a day without any problem.

And I added more fruit juice.

What is crazy is that all our signs of colds disappeared, despite our frozen juices we take daily.

Whatever I have been suffering for the last 2 decades every single winter of my life simply decided to be quiet this winter.

I'm even taking wine (red wine mostly, but also white sometimes), some added sugar (that would have been the best fuel for my skin inflammation)... because of circumstances, so far, nothing

I'm detoxing like hell, since I re-started eating more cilantro leaves (according to A. Williams)...

And for my apple allergy too. Gone with a trick (from the guy above). Still knocking on wood though.

I'm taking daily about 1/2 an apple (still psychologically afraid of reacting badly)...

Even hubby took 1/2 an orange today, without knowing (mixed in the fruit juice), so far, no reaction (he's been reacting to it for more than a decade).

Bad skin allergy, after all sorts of oranges.

I highly recommend the fruit juice, daily. Super easy to do, with frozen fruits + any fruit you like...

I'm doing blueberry + cherry (or any red fruit) + apple + lemon or lime + honey. Wonderful taste!!

Brussels
Member # 13480

I got the other book of A. Williams, about chronic disease causes.

He indeed has a whole chapter on lyme disease and says that lyme is not caused by Borrelia burg

...(otherwise, many more people would have lyme, as they have Bb in their bodies without lyme disease)...

but he thinks it is caused by a weakened immune system that allows bacteria and pathogens to thrive.

The main cause of lyme is a virus (or many viruses) of the herpes family, that causes neurological problems, CFS, joint pain, food allergies etc BEFORE lyme manifests.

I don't know what to say.

In my head, I know lyme is systemic and viruses DO play a role (as many people test positive for brain viruses, for example)... as well as candida play a role too (as most lyme sufferers will battle candida sooner or later).

He says mold plays a role in lyme too, specially as a trigger, as well as emotions (like trauma) can play the trigger role.

In my case, the trigger was a tick bite (he said this is rare). And it happened more than once (as I get often bitten).

My daughter also caught lyme after a tick bite at age 2, then subsequently got reinfected and fell ill immediately after tick bite.

So in our case, I have no doubt ticks played major roles. And as we treated Bb through photons and lyme suddenly stopped bothering us, well, I suppose we fit well to the picture "Bb causing lyme symptoms".

--------------------------
One thing is sure: when I read about all these 3 diseases above (chronic candida, chronic lyme, chronic EBV), they do seem part of a bigger picture.

MS, ALS, Parkinson, children's behavioral diseases , food allergies, fybro, CFS, all those diseases with different names do seem to be part of a same bigger mystery disease (as Williams calls it).

It is worth to read his first book where he describes his theory about causes of chronic diseases.

It's true that, despite absence of Bb and lyme, both my daughter and I still fight food allergies, some fatigue, problems of nutrient absorption, toxic liver...

... heavy metals, several small infections that come and go (daughter's got on her scalp, comes and goes, like ringworm, then it changes...), I have some moving joint pain, some arthritis and skin candida that comes and goes every year...

Fatigue comes and goes. Brain fog comes and goes... I know I'm not super healthy, as I keep losing weight, slowly but surely...

And that is why I keep trying to change my diet, to see if candida goes dormant for good, and to see if my body accepts food and nutrition one day.

So not having lyme does not mean healthy for both of us. We are not bed bound, not suffering from intense pains (like during active lyme), not miserable, with some energy left, having our lives back, but it's still not the HEALTHY picture...

That is why we continue searching for answers...

-----------------------
Basically, his main theory goes like this:

toxins (DDT / pesticides / herbicides / chemicals)+

+ heavy metals

+ radiation (electrosmog that has cumulative effect to weaken the immune system)

+ viruses (pathogens)

= main causes of chronic diseases in the last 70 years.

It fits the model of holistic medicine or German biological medicine.

Dr. K also thinks that Bb is opportunistic, as well as candida, parasites or viruses...

-------------------------------------------
the question is what is the first main cause of chronic illness? Bb or certain viruses?

That is what differs Williams from other physicians who think Bb is the culprit of many chronic illnesses (MS, lyme, Parkinson, ALS etc).

The importance of that difference lies here:

- if you use antibiotics, thinking Bb and bacteria are the main cause of illness, you MAY lose the fight,

...because viruses are not affected by antibiotics, but even will get stronger because friendly bacteria (that can fight pathogenic viruses) will also be dead after abx.

This is vital, in case Williams is right and most LLMDs aren't.

- if you use herbs to fight bacteria, or energy medicine, it's not a problem as they also reinforce the immune system and do not kill (usually) friendly bacteria.

It doesn't matter if you follow Williams or not, if viruses are the main cause of disease or not, as in the end, you got to fight these viruses too with herbs or energy medicine (as lyme is systemic and made of so many parallel infections / parasitism).

So you will be getting viruses too, in the end....

I'll write soon about what he suggests as a treatment against lyme, if someone is interested...

Or buy the book, it's not expensive.

Stumpy
Member # 27320

Brussels, this is all very interesting to me. Appreciate it!
Brussels
Member # 13480

Glad you like it! [Smile]

I usually do not accept hypotheses at once, but I keep an open mind, try to apply whatever practical advice they have,...

... then take my conclusions that are valid only for myself...

Later then I test the treatments on my daughter, husband, family and friends [Wink]

And see how they react.

------------------------------

Today I did my second trial of cilantro + fruit juice / smoothie.

It did taste good and the difference was that I increased cilantro (to about 1/4 of a cup).

The result is a great feeling!!

I do feel the effect inside my eyes and in my brain!!

-------------------------------------
Here is my juice:

1 cup of wild blueberries (frozen)

1/2 cup of cherries (frozen) (it may be any other berry)

1 apple (without skin, as I'm afraid of reactions; you may use a pear)

1 lemon squeezed (lime or lemon)

(you can add lemon zest if you have time and patience, it tastes delicious)

1/4 cup of cilantro (he recommends more, but I'm chicken, so I start with less)

2 teaspoons of honey (I use 2 types of honey, to get different minerals) You may dissolve that in hot water.

1 or 2 cups of water

Blend it for 3 minutes and drink it.

If you drink that immediately, it's much better than letting it sit hours somewhere.

-----------------------------------------------
I drank just half of the juice above and divided the rest with my family.

Wait 2 hours to feel the full effect.

At least, for me, it started acting about 20 minutes after intake, but I still continue to feel the effect in my brain (clearing part of the fog).

I get foggy and sometimes I don't even notice.

I only notice it only when fog comes coupled with fatigue, or some other bodily symptom like liver pain, or kidney pain, or lack of concentration etc.

Of course, I still had breakfast with fruits after the super juice above:
1 banana + 1/2 persimmon
+ bits of curry from yesterday (veggie curry with coconut)
+ 1 cup of coffee

It feels like a whole meal, for sure.

Very soothing effect, you feel your brain starting to wake up, getting a sort of nourishment...

I feel my eyes getting sharper, my mind getting sharper too, but no excitement (I do not get anxiety from coffee, but coffee usually relaxes me...).

I don't think Williams recommend coffee, but I still take coffee as I do feel it supports my liver.

According to a Korean healer, my liver is in super bad shape as few people he ever met...

He kept joking when we met later: 'Are you still alive?'

I also feel my kidneys getting relaxed (they are under pressure due to detox).

I'll soon order William's heavy metal detox suggestions (like barley grass and spirulina).

He says that chlorella is not as good as spirulina for the brain (to detox the brain).

He says chlorella quality / properties vary too much, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not.

I still love my chlorella though.

but will gladly try spirulina again.

He also suggests Atlantic dulse... I gotta try to find that too...

Stumpy
Member # 27320

Brussels, I thought cilantro released metals and had to be taken with a binder. Do you know if that is true. That smoothie sounds good. Probably going to buy the book.
Brussels
Member # 13480

http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/heavy-metal-detox-smoothie

Stumpy: above is a recipe I found now.

He explains it different than dr. K: he thinks dulse also binds, and barley grass with spirulina have also binding effect.

I can't put my hands on fire, as I haven't tried this yet, I'm just passing the info.

His first book about diseases says that many kids with ADD or ADHD or autism benefit from this smoothie (or similar recipe), but you got to take it daily for a couple of months.

I was taking blueberries daily before I went off for vacations and I did feel something inside my brain and eyes (like you feel like you can think better and you can see better).

I'll re-start tomorrow.

In the link above, he said blueberries also help to detox the brain from heavy metals!

the guy is not a doctor. He only suggests what he 'listens'. He's 'just' a medium.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement