LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Google-Verily joined Sanofi in 2016 creating a joint venture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Google-Verily joined Sanofi in 2016 creating a joint venture
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sanofi is an important name in the vaccine business.

I wonder how much of truth can come from Google engines concerning vaccine (and pharma products in general), as Google is investing in Sanofi?!

Anti vaccine sites would not come up anymore or go back to ?

the old Google Life Sciences now calls Verily, and is acting in co partnership with Sanofi to create some treatment for diabetis.

The problem Sanofi is also promoting vaccines.

Meaning, google has no interest in jeopardizing Sanofi, a big name in the vaccine business!

So if you'd like to know info about vaccines in the future, Google won't be a good starting point.

Too much money involved.

It's very easy to program to put all anti-vaccine websites in back pages, not front pages after using a Google searching engine.

Sanofi - Google healthcare and vaccine solutions

I just entered in the SAnofi site above and surprise!

Remember how many times we heard that Polio has been eradicated from the surface of the planet DUE to vaccines?

I heard that hundreds of times.

Well, funnily, polio just resurrected!!!

1% of the population suddenly got active polio again!!!

"Since the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) was launched in 1988 by the World Health Organization, Rotary International,

the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF),

over 2.5 billion children have been vaccinated, with the global incidence of polio decreasing by 99%. "

Noticed the change in discourse?

Now the word 'polio eradicated' disappeared !!!!

I hope the 1% of active polio does not mean 1% of the global population, because that would make 76 million people with polio today!! [bonk]

[ 01-05-2018, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christopher J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christopher J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google did not 'create Sanofi in 2016'. Sanofi has been a drug company as long as I can remember which is decades. Do not post blatently false information. Other people seem to just ignore your more bizarre posts, but I draw the line when it comes to clearly fake news.
Posts: 173 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Also keep in mind that Google is not the only search engine.

BING can be very good to find things, too. It's a good idea to use more than one in any serious search.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher J:
Google did not 'create Sanofi in 2016'. Sanofi has been a drug company as long as I can remember which is decades. Do not post blatently false information. Other people seem to just ignore your more bizarre posts, but I draw the line when it comes to clearly fake news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3784767/Sanofi-Google-launch-diabetes-joint-venture.html

sorry for posting that too fast...

But the end is not fake news, it's exactly what I meant above.

In fact, giant Google joined giant Sanofi (a vaccine company) to create a joint venture to develop treatments for diabetes type II.

Sanofi invested about 250 million dollars on the joint venture.

It's just a matter of sewing two points together: if Google has been investing so much into pharma (Johnson and Johnson in 2015, GlaxoSmithKline in 2016, now Sanofi 2017)... will it really be neutral in allowing searching engines to go on free choice for non-pharmaceutical approaches`?

[ 01-05-2018, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christopher J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christopher J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is just ridiculous speculation. First of all the Google project with Sanofi is tiny in Google's world. Google Life Sciences is a miniscule offshoot mainly intended to advance new public health technologies, its a good deeds type initiative for a massive corporation. Its not some sinister plot to go after people like you. Your posts are a mixture of paranoia and links you make between unrelated minor individual circumstances, melded together. You are really not unusual in this age. It is very typical of the kind of mental instability you see these days. In a sense weve never had it better, the entire world of information is available to you on the internet. But even despite or maybe because that added societal knowledge, there are increasing cases like this. It is a kind of quasi unsubstantiated fake news made by people driven by paranoia or conspiracy theories, supported with nothing (because theyre fake) other than stating particular individual circumstances
Posts: 173 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

I'm glad to know there are still people believing in governments, corporations, agencies and governmental programmes (such as of vaccinations to protect the population).

That would be amazing, if you are really a chronic lyme sufferer.

I have been dearly disappointed.

I'm not saying there are hidden plans behind everything: these plans are not hidden - it's just that corporations are here to make profit.

Nothing hidden in that.

Maybe you have hidden plans to protect the FDA, IDSA, vaccine programs and are paid to post here to discredit people who have been harmed by policies / corporation profit-only aimed minds?

The investments of google in health are not to be taken lightly.

https://www.cbinsights.com/research/google-pharma-startup-investments/

There is a clear move of Google to invest more in pharma, and there is nothing 'hidden' about that: where is the money and profit?

Do you think Google will invest on something that gives no profit, for the well being of humankind?

As well as Sanofi?

I wonder by whom are you paid from.

[ 01-05-2018, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://thebossmagazine.com/google-pharma/

Roche CEO talks about Google's intention to join the pharma business

Google & Amazon follow Samsung aiming pharma for BIG profits

Brussels
Member # 13480

https://searchengineland.com/essential-guide-pharma-sem-267778

"One out of every 20 searches on Google is health-related."

----------------------
Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average, which translates to over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.

(wikipedia)
-----------------

Brussel's calculator: 175 million searches a day in Google are health-related.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement