LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » smartmeter just installed on our house

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: smartmeter just installed on our house
GVS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GVS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At lunchtime today I layed down for a nap when somebody knocked at the door. I ignored it because 90% of the people who knock at the door are trying to sell something.

A few minutes later, though, the power to our house went off briefly, then came back on. I went outside to see who had flipped the circuit on our fusebox and Duke Power linemen told me they had just installed a smartmeter. They said if I had come to the door when they knocked and told them I didn't want it, they wouldn't have installed it, but there wasn't a way to uninstall it now.

I have some EMF sensitivity. It isn't high, phones and computers don't bother me, but concentrated EMF, like in a heating pad for a castor oil pack, that bothers me.

I hope the smart meter won't hit me too hard.

GVS

Posts: 242 | From durham, nc | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christopher J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christopher J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its just sending out a radio signal at low power when requested. You are surrounded by radio signals all the time anyway. Your cell phone picks up a signal right? Your radio tunes in stations right? Your cordless phone works throughout your house right? This is that except lower power.
Posts: 173 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi GVS,

I cant swear by the validity of the various reports I've been hearing and reading about, but many homeowners in No. CA claim the smartmeters on their homes started the fires.

As I said, I really don't know, but at least have a plan just in case and look into this. I know Dr. K. says patients should not be around any wireless whatsoever, but as we know, that's impossible now.

Think there's some sort of screen that you can place on your wall or somesuch to help block what comes from smart meter.

Wish I could be of more help.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher J:
Its just sending out a radio signal at low power when requested. You are surrounded by radio signals all the time anyway. Your cell phone picks up a signal right? Your radio tunes in stations right? Your cordless phone works throughout your house right? This is that except lower power.

These stupidmeters put out EMF's of a different frequencies, and effect people differently. Saying the impact will be the same is kind of like saying the impact of swallowing bacteria would be the same, regardless of the bacteria... E.Coli, C.Diff, acidophilus, ...
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy
Member # 27320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in North Carolina and Duke Energy installed a Smart Meter on my home last month. I wasn't even informed. A note on the door said "Congratulations" you've received a smart meter.

Everyone in the neighborhood received one. The houses are very close together. You can turn it off and pay each month for them to come out and read the meter if you believe that. I still would have houses on either side of me with smart meters.

Before moving to NC 5 years ago I lived in Amish country in Pennsylvania and thought I would be away from this energy. We didn't have underground power lines but overhead power lines that came down with the snow and ice in our yards. Within 4 years I literally had 4 cell phone towers installed within a mile of my house in all directions.

No escape anywhere.

Posts: 68 | From Kentucky | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harvard Physician warns about Smart meters (a 2 minute video)
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://stopsmartmeters.org/

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/smart-meters.html

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Blood Work Confirms Adverse Health Effects Following Smart Meter Installation

As noted by Dr. K. in the film, blood testing reveals a number of measurable effects after the installation of smart meters.

Observed symptoms include significant elevations in the inflammatory markers TGF-beta 1 and MMP-9.

Copper serum levels also rise, which is a sign of chronic inflammation,

....and hormones and neurotransmitter levels are adversely affected.

"We have lab tests where we can show, here's a patient, I monitored him for 10 years before; he was completely normal.

The smart meter was installed and six months later [he] looks like a dying patient, from the lab work," K. says.

K. goes on to state that in families where one spouse is feeling ill but not the other, lab tests reveal a decline in health is still occurring in both.

Some are simply more in tune with their body and/or more sensitive to the effects, but everyone is affected nonetheless, and the blood work confirms this.

Fifty-eight minutes into the film you can also see some fascinating footage using Darkfield microscopy, which shows how blood cells react in subjects standing 1 foot away from a smart meter for two minutes.

The cells are quite literally degrading, deforming and coming apart.

Some of the damage seen is classic free radical damage, and as I just mentioned, the hydroxyl free radicals created when your VGCCs are exposed to microwaves are some of the most potent free radicals known to man.

Here's an actual visual to go with that piece of information.

The good news is, your body has the ability to recover once you remove the source causing the trauma, which in this case was a smart meter.

A must see documentary about Smart meters:
Documentary about Smart meters

Christopher J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christopher J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelTampa:
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher J:

These stupidmeters put out EMF's of a different frequencies, and effect people differently. Saying the impact will be the same is kind of like saying the impact of swallowing bacteria would be the same, regardless of the bacteria... E.Coli, C.Diff, acidophilus, ...
They really arent. Basically they operate at around 900 Mhz and 2.4 ghz, same as basically everything else, like cordless phones. Im all for living cleaner, etc but you're never going to win this fight. These types of signals will always be around you. If youre making this big a deal over a low power localized broadcast of a simple signal (your meter use), you're going to have a really hard time in the world coming with IOT devices everywhere. Its not complicated or high power thing. These are minimal devices which send extremely tiny amounts of data (relatively) to the cloud. And working in the industry, everything will be connected by low power 5g data links like this around you.

Really I think the paranoia comes from the unknown. i.e. People dont have a general idea of what something like this does. Let me put it this way, your LTE cell phone in your pocket transmits these days at 10 Mbps and goes much higher, sending HD video etc. How much bandwith and power do you think it takes to send a number once a month out on the network? Let me help you out, it's miniscule. Hell you could do it on an ancient tech 180 Kbps 2G GSM network (and we do) with minimal power. Its not some magic device using tons of power to send out its monthly number ;-)

[ 02-05-2018, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Christopher J ]

Posts: 173 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you are confusing me with someone else. I don't have a LTE cell phone in my pocket, or any other cellphone.

If you want to compare the stupidmeters with cellphones and cordless phones, I would tend to agree, in many ways they are very similar, and will cause similar reactions. Still, the timing of the signals may matter. And of course some with cellphones will turn them off at night, while others will not. Typically the stupidmeters are not going off at night.

But it is not at all accurate to say that what comes out of the stupidmeters is the same thing as what the radio tunes in.

By the way, if all the stupidmeters did was send one number once a month, that would be a whole separate matter. The stupidmeter on my home sends out a signal about once every second.

Yes, some who don't understand probably are paranoid. And others who understand are not paranoid, but properly concerned.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Ohio we had to accept or have our power turned off. We avoided it for about a year, but eventually had to take it or live without power.

The first time they installed it, I felt it immediately, and like you, I didn't know they were installing it, so I know I really felt it, it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. I told them how bad it made me feel and they switched it back to the old one.

When they put it in the second time a year later, I had a cupboard on the wall right on the other side of it and just put foil on the back of the cupboard. I don't know if it helped or not, or how much it blocked.

Then we moved to Florida and the house already had a smart meter on our bedroom wall. I hung a farraday cage sheer curtain on that entire wall and had no problems. Since then we've remodeled and I finally bought one of those smart meter covers.

We are exposed to so much today. I do not carry my smart phone on my body, ever. I 98% of the time talk on speaker phone. I am around wifi. I just try to get to the beach as much as possible (daily when in FL) and walk barefoot on the sand. I don't bring my phone with me.

So, there's my life story since my smart meter was installed. I hope it helps you have some peace about yours. The barefoot walking outside has made me much more tolerant with EMFs. I used to be super-sensitive.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do solar panels give out EMFs? They were just installed on our house and now there are a million meters and different gadgets on the side of the house.

I haven't noticed any bad effects (except that I'm always afraid that a huge ice chunk is going slide off and whack someone on the head).

I'm going to get EMF fabric for my bed but I'm not sure it will do anything.

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the good info, Six!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

quote:
Originally posted by Lyme248:
Do solar panels give out EMFs? They were just installed on our house and now there are a million meters and different gadgets on the side of the house.

I haven't noticed any bad effects (except that I'm always afraid that a huge ice chunk is going slide off and whack someone on the head).

I haven't paid a lot of attention to this one, but from what I remember hearing ... it is not the solar panels per se, but if you have solar panels, you may a power inverter, to convert the DC power to AC power, and the power inverters can generate significant EMFs.
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyme248:

When I had my EMF fabric in my suitcase I thought that if this stuff is as good as they say, TSA will open my bag to see what's in it because it will block their x rays.

They did open my bag and left the note on top of the EMF curtain.

I put all my underwear and stuff I didn't want them touching or dropping on the floor in a ziploc bag because I figured they'd search! haha

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme248
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyme248     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if there is a power inverter. I think it has a wifi signal or something though.

That's a good one about the EMF fabric in your suitcase! :)

--------------------
chronic Lyme/Bartonella

Inside every sick person is a well person waiting to be freed

Posts: 232 | From new england | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement