LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hey! Lymenet. Willing to share Ozone Therapy experience

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey! Lymenet. Willing to share Ozone Therapy experience
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s been a long while! We are old Lymies and have done pretty much everything. My husband has seen Dr. P in CT ❤️. Docs in Illinois too all wonderful. Treated for everything, IV twice, pulsing since 2012.

We moved to Italy in September and I am always perusing PubMed. Found some interesting papers on Ozone by Vicenzo Simonetti.Jim had kinda hit a plateau pulsing biaxin, clindy, and tini. So we went to Torino ( we live in Naples).

It’s been really interesting and Jim felt better pretty quickly. After almost 20 treatment has held onto gains.... walking better, affect better, vision changes. He feels particularly great right after infusion, begins fluey feeling next day. He is improving overall.

Just putting this out there in case anyone is interested. Best to everyone!

(breaking up the post for easier reading for many. Also edited out doctor's city location per LN T&C)

[ 02-10-2018, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 554 | From Naples, Italy | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he doing IV direct ozone?

How much ozone per treatment?

How often?

I'm wondering, because I used ozone some, at home insufflations, but didn't stick with it. This was many years ago. I ramped up too fast, I guess.

Oh, and---you moved to NAPLES??!! Sounds lovely!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much per treatment?
Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I believe they draw 250 ml of blood and full treatment ( they titrated to see tolerance) is 5 big tubes of ozone (sorry for the unscientific description). Then infuse the whole lot. I spoke with Dr. Simonetti about 10 pass and he was not in favor at all. Also, my husband has been ketogenic for two years with good improvement on this ( although we cheat occasionally-).
Posts: 554 | From Naples, Italy | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO blood is drawn, exposed to ozone, and then reinfused back into the body. Is that the jist of it?

What is the thinking? This kills the Lyme organisms and the dead stuff stimulates the immune system? Something else? Just trying to understand what is claimed or believed for this therapy. Thanks

Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

You got it. Ozone does a lot. Reduces inflammation, increases immune activation, kills pathogens.
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it certainly has been around a long time. Tesla had a patent on it. What a genius.
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did about 12 ultraviolet blood irradiation treatments over a two year period. In previous posts I talked about the process and felt really good after the third one I think, my mind got clear for about 6 hours! Still a personal high point that I have not been able to repeat yet.

They took out 5 ounces of blood and used ozone under pressure to push the blood past a large UV light. That kills the bacteria and any viruses in the blood. My blood changed from a deep dark red to a much brighter and light red. There are several internet sites and doctors that talk about this procedure.

The blood and ozone were then dripped back into my arm. The treatment would take about 30 to 40 minutes. The cost was 180 to 200 dollars. I checked recently when I got the flu and the cost is now 240 for the clinic in East Texas.

I found a nurse about an hour away that offered the treatment and I think I had 4 sessions but the state medical board shut her down after a while.

My issue for stopping the treatment was it was a three hour drive to get the treatment and I work 40 hours a week.

The doctor recommended two times a week for 25 to 30 treatments. I'm sure that would have really helped but getting that much time off work and the 200/treatment was more that I could do at the time.

The infused ozone allows the blood to carry more oxygen and that additional oxygen kills additional bacteria and viruses once dripped back into the body. This is by no means a scientific explanation!

My son, Lyme since 2007, has done over 20 UVL Rx treatments. He feels much better after each treatment and has improved. We will resume with additional treatments in March. I have no idea which is more effective but the UVL Rx is an hour long treatment of the blood with three specific frequencies. He is also taking a Buhner like herb combo twice daily that seems to also help.

I tried the UVL Rx once and felt a bit more relaxed or tired but not much else. I am dealing with lingering symptoms more than the bacteria these days. I am addressing those with PEMF and Neuro feedback.

All the Best,

MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Broxin
Member # 52040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broxin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattH
You would still recommend ozone iv?
Any updates to your health?

Posts: 68 | From Germany | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are different treatment modalities with different names (that I don't know) and different methods of use that I have seen and personally experienced.

One is direct ozone in saline IV into the body by drip. My LLMD did those for awhile, but I don't see anyone getting them in his clinic now. You could get any number of "passes" of this. Ozone doesn't stay stable very long, so each "pass" would be about 15-20 minutes max.

A second is called Major Auto Hemotherapy (MAH), where about a cup of blood is taken out, mixed with ozone, and then re-infused into the body. This takes about an hour total. I think one can get more than one "pass" with this at a time---I've only ever gotten one.

A third is to inject an ozonated solution directly into some area of the body.

A light therapy that's used where I am doesn't involve ozone at all--it is an IV of laser light of specific light frequencies, directly into a blood vessel. There's four different frequencies used. This takes about an hour to do. To make it more effective, one can get IV riboflavin along with it, for an additional fee.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement