LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Which of the big three (Bartonella, Babesia, or B. burgdorferi) is MOST responsible.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which of the big three (Bartonella, Babesia, or B. burgdorferi) is MOST responsible.
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..for anxiety and why to you think that? Thanks for thoughts.
Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
From what I've read: bartonella.

From my own experience: babesia - but my vestibular system and adrenals were also so trashed.

Babesia can cause anemia so the exhaustion factor also complicates that and it's harder to guard against anxiety with the red blood cells are dying so fast. No energy to withstand stress.

But, really, anytime the liver is overwhelmed and can't get out toxins from any infection . . . the adrenals / endocrine system also just go haywire and anxiety can be a huge issue.

I also think that if the inner / middle ear is affected by these infections [which affects balance, thinking, reading, everything, really],

the toxicity of such causing liver / kidneys to be overwhelmed --

&/ or by Rx side-effects that can be ototoxic that the anxiety that comes from the vestibular system being all off kilter has got to create anxiety that is so very physical.

Consider if infections are being adequately addressed &

Is Liver support adequate?

Adrenal support?

Vestibular support methods (of which, sadly, avoidance of overly stimulating sensory input is key)? Even just trading out all - yes, absolutely all - fluorescent light bulbs can be a big help.

Going scent free and to saver personal care or household products, too. Avoiding any new textiles that have chemical coating, too. Any new clothes that is "easy iron" or "no iron" has chemical that come back to clobber our endocrine system.

Most new furniture is doused with fire retardants, a major endocrine stress as can be even a vinyl shower curtain.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
The books of Stephen H. Buhner explain so much more and better. He's a very LL master herbalist and his books about lyme and coinfections are not just on the infections, what they do to us, what herbs can do for us . . . but he explains a lot about how the body reacts to the science of these infections.

I've had a lot of light bulb, ah-hah moments from his work.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my experience, it would be big bad Bart.

Anxiety through the roof ‼️‼️‼️‼️
I was unable to care for myself, could not stand, walk, take bath or shower by myself, slept with phone already dialed 9 - 1 waiting to add another 1, couldn't talk, think, saw ghosts, felt bugs crawling on me, massive muscle and collegen loss, squishy moveable lumps throughout body,

couldn't drive, go into stores, lots of out of body experiences, hated lights or noise, kept hearing people call my name, thought I was dying, wanted to die, veins popping out of skin, painful feet, eyes, brain, teeth, severe pain always and everywhere, crying jags.

You know, typical Bart.
I am so much better.
Thank you Lyment. 💚💚💚💚

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme and co-infections symptoms.

http://www.lyme-symptoms.com/LymeCoinfectionChart.html

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BobG,
You have received some outstanding answers, but when I first read your question, an entirely different idea popped into my mind, based on an article which came out in Nature just this last week, "When Antibiotics Turn Toxic." (Nature, vol. 555, pg. 431-433, 3/22/2018)

I posted excerpts from this article under another topic about the dangers of fluroquinolone antibiotics here at Lymenet. Here's a link to that message:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=130342;p=2#000078

Let me explain what I'm getting at, because I doubt that it's obvious: Intracellular pathogens like Bartonella and parasites like Babesia can be very difficult to treat and therefore can require some of the more potent, and consequently the more toxic, antibiotics.

Therefore, it might not be the pathogen itself which causes so many awful symptoms, but it might be the side-effects of some of these very strong antibiotics which are to blame for so many troublesome symptoms, such as anxiety, for example.

In fact, anxiety is mentioned in the Nature article as being a bad side effect of quinolone antibiotics. I was not aware of that fact until I read it in Nature -- although everyone knows that tendon rupture is a notorious side-effect of the quinolones.

I'm thinking especially of BonnieBartender's post above, when she mentioned "Anxiety through the roof" with lots of bold red exclamation marks following her statement.

What's even more frightening, according to the Nature article (mentioned in my first paragraph), is that some of these side-effects can become permanent. That's something I was not aware of until I read it in the Nature article.

This little known fact could explain a whole lot about what is often called "Post Treatment Lyme Syndrome" too, come to think of it. That's very worrisome -- although the chances of its occurrence should be rather low, on an individual basis, depending upon individual genetics.

Much of this is my own speculation, of course, but I wanted you to consider this possibility, too, as a partial answer to your question about which co-infecting pathogen is to blame for anxiety.

In other words, perhaps it's not the pathogen itself, so much as it is the side-effect of the antibiotic selected to treat that pathogen, which could be the cause for anxiety.

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point, TXLymeMom...

And some of us end up with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, causing even more anxiety.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another possibility- if you kill off your biome, needed for many as part of treatment, you disrupt the gut brain dynamic and I have read this can cause anxiety. Close to TX's thoughts.

Thanks everyone. Some of the better posts I have seen.

Glad you are doing BBonnie. That was pure hell but you are stronger.

Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Badtick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Badtick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia. Why, past experience along with several others that I know quite well. I can say the anxiety was not drug related. It resolved with successful treatment.

Try 10 years of crazy bad anxiety. The kind where the mere sight of a butterfly makes you panic and want to jump out of your skin. It all went away with babesia treatment.

Posts: 184 | From CT | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement