LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Shin and forearm bone pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shin and forearm bone pain
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone found a way to ease this? This hasn't been a huge symptom until about 2 months ago. Now it comes for a week and goes. It keeps me awake and in pain at night mostly. Not as much in the day.

This along with my head/insomnia makes BART by far my biggest enemy...

Grrr

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88

Pain has got to be the worst issue to combat, by far.
Bart is so painful, absolutely unbearable at times.

I use lidocaine patches OTC 4%.
I finally got prescription lidocaine patches 5%.
OTC are about $10.00 for 5 patches, alittle pricey.

They work really well for me. Instant relief for a few hours. You can apply 1 - 3 patches per 12 hours on, 12 hours off.
As far as I know, there are no interactions with other meds.

They have saved my life on many occasions.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I have a lot of neurological issues from bart. The pain has been a struggle... I will have to look into the patches....
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bone pain (shibone included) seems to be one symptom from bartonella...
https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/tick-borne-diseases/bartonella

Heavy metals also can go to the bone, and when they come out, you may get bone pain...

here are some supplements recommended by Dr K for bone pain (and joint too).

http://www.selfhealth.co.uk/health-issues/natural-pain-relief/joint-bone-pain.html

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner's site:

"There is one symptom that I have not seen written about anywhere.

All my bones hurt when there is pressure on them.

When I lay in my bed my hipbone and ribs hurt, for example. "

Stephen’s response:

"This is often a problem with lyme and other chronic conditions such as chronic fatigue.

I found a strong tea of boneset helped a lot.

For nearly a year I used a combination of reishi mushroom and boneset tea.

Cut 1/4 of a reishi mushroom into smallish pieces, add a small handful of boneset and mix with 4 cups water.

Bring to a boil, cook slowly until the liquid is reduced by half, cool and drink. Do so daily. It is bitter so honey is of help.

I also found ashwaghanda herb to be helpful. However, the primary thing was the boneset for me."

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thank you Brussels. I'm going to look into all that. Interesting that heavy metals can cause that. I had all amalgams removed at the beginning of lyme treatment, but I've never really done a detox for it.

I haven't heard of boneset. I'm going to check into it.

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. you probably, like others, don't want to or can't, take pain meds.

I found penetrex cream the absolute best for muscle pain. it's on amazon.

my forearms are the worst. i cringe when being touched.

have you been told its fibro? i bet we all have.

I agree. the pain is the worst.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 44574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lookup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try homeopathic Ruta grav 30c and Eupatorium perf 30c 3 -5 times a day as I needed it. If that stopped working then I would order Ruta and Eupatorium in a 200c and use when needed. If I did not have bone pain then I would not take them because I don't need them.
Posts: 764 | From Northwest | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is allowed to have access to cannabis, it's being touted for major pain relief ability. I now live in a state where it's legal so I hear a lot more about it, and sometimes find myself a little extra relaxed outside... [Smile]
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inhale fairly deeply, do you Robin492758865?

[lol]

HW- The bone pain is supposedly caused by the infection and its affects in the bone and bone marrow.

Years ago when we didn't really have access to tests (many didn't), I'd firmly grab the lower leg of someone who was ill and typically they'd kick me!

No, not really. I learned to move to the side when I'd do that to prevent being kicked.

They'd wince in pain or even yelp. Bartonella quintana is aka "shin bone fever", or "break bone fever".

The infection makes the bone marrow swell (inflammation) and that puts presure on the bones and nerves.

The fact that the blood can't circulate well in swollen tissue most likely adds to the problem.

When I lived on the Indian reservation I learned a lot from the native ladies about herbal medicines and such.

Boneset was often used when setting bones. The leaves were wrapped in the bandages covering the broken bone to help reduce the swelling and pain.

So, what Brussels posted makes a lot of sense. I know they made tea from it too, but I've never had any myself. Might be worth a try?

I'm thinking a back and forth of heat and cold might help, but I am totally guessing.

Heat would typically encourage swelling and cold would reduce it.

BUT... heat would also allow for some temporary increase in blood flow. Again, I'm making this up as I go. It is not documented and is not coming from anywhere other than my lame brain, so take it as it is.

I know my shins are super sensitive even to light touch, so a massage wouldn't be recommended in my case at least. (In other words, touch my legs and you die fool!) HA!

Lavendar oil MAY also help to reduce the pain. If not, at least you'll smell better for a while.

NO, I'm not saying you stink, Robin35736583 said it. And I do believe I heard Bartender Bonnie giggling when she did!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last thought for the night... you might try looking up treatment (antibiotics) used to treat osteomyelitis.

I know a few Lyme patients have been diagnosed with this condition (one in jaw bone and another in spinal column) and they used some heavy duty antibiotics and it helped.

Don't quote me because I can't remember tonight, but I believe they used vancomycin?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

tincup, you make me laugh. I have found heat helps, but doesn't take it away.

I'm going to look into boneset. and I love lavender...and I may stink! HAHA

Robin, I wish I was in a legal state... I think in the fall. What form do you think is best?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement