LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What very sensitive people are taking for lyme and detox?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What very sensitive people are taking for lyme and detox?
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm asking that for a woman, that cannot even take drainage remedies without having many symptoms worsen...

I always had trouble in taking heavy metal mobilizers, etc... but not to that extent.

Even grounding (feet on earth) would make her overreact. Moving bowels activates nerve pains in her eyes.

She's got terrible pain, and I'm wondering, what do people who over react do / take?

Thank you.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I had to ditch the alcohol based homeopathic "drainage remedies" long ago.

Had to ditch every single alcohol based homeopathic for they were like rocket fuel the instant even one drop hit my mouth / tongue. Even if diluted, there was a profound chemical reaction that when right to my brain / spinal cord / nerve highway.

and really limit even herbal alcohol based tinctures to only those that would not work so well in capsule extract forms.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
This works very well for me - and also helps the bowels move in a gentle manner . . . yet, for the first day or two using it, even when starting with just one . . . I'd not venture too far from toilet access.

The sassafras, burdock and dandelion are the things that helps so much with liver support & elimination.

and this covers all the bases for ADRENAL support, too.

The Prickly Ash Bark in it, well, that's a herb that is also used to help correct "sticky blood" and is in many babesia protocols. It can help relieve body "fibro" pain as well.

http://professionalbotanicals.com/lymph-detox

Professional Botanicals Lymph Detox - capsules

Click onto label to enlarge for better viewing. More detail about ingredients here:

https://www.naturallybotanicals.com/p-206-lymph-detox.aspx

This site has the same price as the manufacturer. Amazon has it for about $7 less but through a 3rd party that I cannot determine just who they are. I never buy from a hard to figure out 3rd party.

Sadly, as with many other supplements, it's not available at places like iHerb or VitaCost where discounts are great. Still, I've never found such a good product and it does serve multiple purposes.
--
Other supports:

If possible, gentle massage. A warm (never, ever hot) bath for no more than 20 minutes . . . gentle yoga, QiGong or other body movement.

Organic Green Tea

Humming, Singing help with circulation of the belly organs as well as all the other tissue - the breathing and vibrations can help move out a bad mood or "stagnant" energy whether physical or emotional, too. Laughing as much as possible, of course.
-

[ 04-15-2018, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, thanks!

Does it help with moving bowels? I don't know if she has the problem, she just told me that when she goes to the toilet, she suffers with eye / nerve pains!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Keebler or anyone HIGHLY sensitive, what do you think about this site suggestions?

https://www.drlam.com/blog/liver-in-detoxification/4069/

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I'm thinkikng her eye / nerve pain with toilet use is from straining the bowels. This will take the strain off.

It should not cause loose bowels unless the dose is started too high or goes too high but it can really help move things, much to my delight (Geez, yep, I just used "delight" as when bowels are not regular that can create so much trouble.

The link:

NO, NO, NO to Wheatgrass for anyone who is sensitive. Even if processed in a gluten free facility . . . it is like rocket fuel stimulating in nature.

If she does Barley grass, since barley grain contains gluten, she need to do homework - lots - to determine how they process the barley grass to be sure it's really gluten free.

Cilantro can be overstimulating as well. Small doses, with food at first. This is one that I do use as a tincture, though - with a good amount of water. Took me a while to be able to take it away from food.

The link you sent look great, very thorough, indeed. Part 3 of his set gets a little overwhelming for me but the basic detail on the page you sent is good. It can cost a ton of money to do all those, though. If she can find a good LL ND, that would be best for proper guidance.
-

[ 04-15-2018, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/36235?#000000

Chlorella & Spirulina - Information Links

iHerb & VitaCost.com would both have good prices on good clean brands. Mountain Rose Herbs also a good source though the powder can taste a bit like a barnyard. I take both Chlorella (any time) & Spirulina (earlier in the day, though)

I do well with this, too, in water:

https://www.vitacost.com/planetary-herbals-cilantro-heavy-metal-detox-with-chlorella?q=cilantro&ta=cilantro

Planetary Herbals Cilantro Heavy Metal Detox™ With Chlorella
-

WPinVA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She could try a vitamin C flush.

Or go sit in a sauna and sweat it out.

A bath with baking soda and magnesium chloride flakes (not epsom salt).

Drink lemon water or lime water.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Thank you both, Keebler and WP.

A question to WP: have you tried this Vit C flush?
Isn't there strong stomach pain with so much Vit C?

https://beyondhealth.com/media/wysiwyg/kadro/articles/vitc-flush.pdf

Is this the flush you mention, right?

When loose stools come, they say to stop. It means, how long after the intake?

They say, every 15 minutes take a lot of buffered Vit C. So it means that the loose stools must happen in LESS than 15 minutes after intake, so that you can stop the whole procedure, if I understood it well.

Is that so? Keep drinking the stuff every 15 minutes until you go to the toilet.

I suppose the buffered Vit C is the one made of beets?

Buffered or not, vit C can cause stomach aches in high amounts. I was always a bit chicken to take too much vit C because of my very sensitive stomach... So I was never brave to take more than 2 grams a day.

Her digestive system is bad too. I don't know how much pain she's got in her tummy. My stomach was the worst part of my body, due to amalgams. So I did not feel I could ingest a lot without causing me harm.

I may be wrong, though... I hate stomach aches, as I had gastritis for 20 years, before I took my amalgams off and started chlorella. But even so, stomach ulcers run in the family, so I'm sort of afraid of too much acid at once in the stomach.

if you have a tender tummy and did this, without much trouble, I may recommend the lady.

Is the buffered version MUCH better than the non-buffered?

Or better than Ester C?

Thank you!!!

Brussels
Member # 13480

I also wonder, they recommend it once a week. But wouldn't that mess with the gut bacteria (due to loose stools)?

I mean, 1x a week with very loose stools, would flush some good bacteria, I suppose...

Has anyone tried this Vit C flush without getting digestive problems after?

Thanks for any info!

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Jumping right in, any kind of Vitamin C every 15 minutes can pose a great risk.

Generally, I do believe any kind of "flush" is a good idea for it's far too stressful on the body in various ways. Assertive, not aggressive - consistent but not bombastic methods work best, I think.

Vitamin at that concentration and frequency can cause kidney stress, possibly damage - and can cause damage to the tender lining of the entire GI tract. And, no, Ester C or other buffered type is not a magic wand. That's still a lot for the kidneys to manage and they just are not designed for that.

Some people might do okay with this but if someone is drawn to this, likely they have some medical issues to begin with and stressing the body further can tip the scales.

And even if just once a week, it could take all week to recover from the assault, or longer if gut lining is compromised.

Now, for a very acute & dangerous infection, it may be that more frequent Vitamin C could "save the day" yet that would require study from various sources to be sure the kidneys and gut are protected. IV Vitamin C might be best employed in acute emergencies, again, with protections along with that.

And, especially, anyone taking ibuprofen should be extra careful as ibuprofen can be a risk to the kidneys even at normal dose (for many people).
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Some better sources of vitamin C are in foods. And concentrated food supplements like TRIPHALA or CAMU-CAMU can be helpful, too. But. again, I favor assertive & consistent use over aggressive and bombastic.

Yet, at high concentrations or too frequent these can also cause GI upset. Sometimes, better with food.

I've not used Camu-Camu yet can say that Triphala has a decisive yet gentle action to move the colon along if that is one's goal.

The real expert in Vitamin C was Linus Pauling. But I'd read directly from his works, not from those who report on his work as things might get twisted. Always, it's best to first learn straight from the expert before moving ahead to others' thoughts.
-

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am terrible at detoxing. I, too, cannot take drainage without symptoms, even now (though now it's minor symptoms). Skin brushing is too much for me. I think all the toxins I have left are in my lymphatic system and skin.

I can't tolerate ascorbic acid at all. I do take vitamin C, but fruit source from whole foods, not something made in a lab. I do great on it.

As Keebler mentioned, camu is a good source of C for me (it's in my mix, I take a couple different ones), but triphala was way too much for me when I was sick.

I do great with earthing so I don't have any answers there, but maybe it's because I'm better from Lyme and am only dealing with old toxins in lymph and skin.

When I was sick, I did well with bentonite clay and epsom salt baths. Takesumi helped, but regular charcoal did not. Coffee enemas were my very best detox help. Now that liposomal glutathione is available, I would imagine it would have been a help back then. Milk thistle was good for me. Cilantro was good for me for metals, but chlorella was not.

For my MTHFR, three cups per day of greens being sure to get a variety was life changing. So much better than supplements for me.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Many thanks for Keebler, and for Sixgkds!

I start to think that many of us are still kept ill because we are unable to detox properly, without a collapse.

Detox is a must, but we can't do that properly. I feel I'm much stronger than I was - because in my case, lyme is not there, so a big part of the toxic equation is out.

But it's hard to recommend something to someone we do not know well. Like Vit C, sounds like baby easy, and in fact, it isn't.

I'll order a device to produce my own lipossomal Vit C and see how it goes. It's a big investment, for something I have no idea if will help or not, but as here in Europe, lipossomal vit C is hard to find (and the price is ridiculously high), I'd rather buy the device and ingredients...

I'll pass the info on Triphala, Camu-camu, takesumi charcoal... Funny you could stand cilantro but not chlorella (for me, it's more like the opposite).

I guess, milk thistle, dandelion, nettle are easy stuff to take, I'm sure she's already on these.

thank you for your suggestions!

I'm sure there are many more people out there with these exact problems (unable to detox using even gentler methods) and that is THE major reason they remain sick!!

Anyone on LIPOSSOMAL gluthathione???

Thaaanks!!!

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taken liposomal glutathione when I've gotten into skin brushing and other detox strategies that stir up the gunk and it helps a lot. I actually can skin brush with no problem at all when I can go for a swim afterward in the Gulf. Day to day, I have no symptoms at all unless I start doing some kind of lymphatic or skin detox. I think that will be the last of it for me.

I was in Germany at the same time as someone who does ART testing and he said I was allergic to chlorella. That made perfect sense because it seemed to be doing what it promises, but made me feel bad at the same time.

In addition to camu, I take other fruit sourced C. There are a few different brands out there. I like them as well or even better than the camu. I've never tried liposomal C.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement