LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 'LL psychologist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'LL psychologist
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know a 'LL psychologist? I need someone that understands the mental illness that comes with lyme.
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindadanis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 51204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindadanis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly understand that feeling for sure. I have a mental health nurse but she doesn't understand lyme at all and my llmd said to just go on lamictal, a mood stabilizer but I am too afraid too. still suffering also.
Posts: 468 | From boston, ma | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitty
Member # 46241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of anyone in particular but my advice would be to check out psychologists familiar with illnesses and disabilities in general if you can't find one who is lyme literate. I had a counselor who had a completely different illness but who was able to help me really well through everything I was going through because the effects on her life were very similar to the effects of lyme on mine.
Posts: 2 | From Student | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi HW88

I read your post yesterday and searched for LL chronic illness psychologists in your area and found nothing unfortunately.
But like Kitty replied, it might be helpful to follow-up with a regular chronic illness medical professional.

I just don't want to send you down a dead-end street with a non-believer. Your time is much too valuable with all you have juggling on one plate. You are one tough cookie.

Back in February, I went to a chronic illness forum set up by my local health department. It was a 6 week, 1x a week workshop for chronically ill patients. I went twice. Mostly older people, how to avoid falls, make meals, sitting exercises, and conversation. Not want you would find helpful, so sorry.

Hope you feel better soon, you SO deserve it ! [group hug]

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All dr K's followers practicing psycho kinesiology know at least, the basics of lyme disease.

Look for ART or PK or MFT practitioners.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement