LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Antibiotic IM Shot Options (Besides typical Rocephin or Bicillin)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Antibiotic IM Shot Options (Besides typical Rocephin or Bicillin)
kj15
Member # 32308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kj15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I have recently been written an Rx for Rocephin IM injections. I'm waiting to see if I can get to Mexico soon for a wedding and pick up Bicillin while I'm there (separate post on that topic). I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to tolerate the pain from the IM Rocephin without the lidocaine to reconstitute it with (Lidocaine is on a nationwide backorder and was told I can't get it until late June/early July). That is too long to wait as my sisters wedding is in 7 weeks and I am backsliding fast and the only other option is to mix with sterile water--ouch! without the lidocaine. I must be on IM shots at this point bc of gut issues that have come up and am working on with LLMD (many years of orals finally took their toll on the gut). We are working on healing the gut before deciding if or when I'm able to tolerate any oral abx again. IV is unfortunately not an option at this time due to severe financial constraints although I have been on them with good luck before--thus the desperate need to do IM.

I'm looking to see if anyone knows any other options of antibiotics for Lyme that can be given in an IM shot that I can try in the short term until I can get either lidocaine for the Rocephin or the Bicillin. I am working with a very open minded LLMD willing to go great lengths and try new things to help. I think I read somewhere that ampicillin and a few other abx can be given in IM form but cannot find a list of these IM abx online. If anyone knows of any IM abx preparations besides the typical Rocephin (Ceftriaxone) or Bicillin LA, I would be interested to hear, as I am frantic to get out of this backslide before the wedding.

Many thanks to those who are able to advise! I'm crossing my fingers with the right help that I can catch this backslide quick and remain able to walk (and not have to crawl) down the aisle at sisters wedding! Yikes! Thanks!
-KJ

--------------------
SICK AUG 2010 / DIAGNOSED AUG 2011
LYME IGENEX WB CDC POSITIVE IGM: 31++ 34IND 39+ 41+ 83-93+
CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS: Bartonella and Babesia
REMISSION MAY 2012-DEC 2014
SEVERE RELAPSE JAN 2015
STILL WORKING SLOWLY TOWARD REMISSION AGAIN IN 2019

Posts: 39 | From N. Illinois | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you.

This a rare once in a lifetime moment that you & your sister always dreamed about.

My sister met her Prince Charming & married within 9mo.

My heart was full of happiness. My mind felt crushed by the weight of the world... It was happening so fast, my responsibilities were endless, I was so so so very sick, I wanted to make sure everything was perfect for my sister. On & on & on.

The wedding meant so much to me because it was for MY sister. My only sister. She’s the one person in the world that knows me as well (or better) than I know myself. We speak without words & trust each other over all others.

Please understand, your sister wants you to be by her side for this special moment. She wants to share this memory with you forever.

So please, pass on your responsibilities (even little things) to other bridesmaids & loved ones. People like to help, they’re just waiting for you to ask!

Try to find ways to reduce your stress. This won’t make you healthy overnight but it will help you feel significantly better. Stress can quickly take you from feeling about 50% down to 25% real quick. It’s no joke.

Consider going back on an oral antibiotics combo for now. I’ve been to Mexico & many other countries around the world. Pharmacies are not often well stocked like what we expect in USA. Your typically lucky to find stuff like saline eye drops, neosporin, bandaids, gauze, maybe some Doxy pills.

The trip to Mexico will be tiring & hard on you. So allow time to rest before & after. Rest when you can in Mexico. Get good sleep.

Drink lots of water. Only bottle water, no ice, no fountain drinks. It’s only safe to drink if you crack the seal on the bottle cap or open a can.

Don’t eat salad or any raw fruit or vegetables that have been washed in water. ** Only safe exceptions are fresh peeled & cut fruit and cooked veggies.

Beware of homemade mayo.

And don’t brush your teeth with bathroom sink water, use bottle water.

Montezuma’s revenge is no joke. It’s a notoriously nasty food poisoning that hits fast & hard, can land you in the hospital.

Infections + alcohol+ heat = trouble, why suffer more?

Have fun!!! And, No matter what happens, your sister will always love you.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymehope
Member # 48581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymehope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi KJ15
I use penicillin G 1.2000,000,00 units 2x a week. It has worked just as well as the bicillin shots.

Posts: 68 | From new york | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement