LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My 3 year old - few questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My 3 year old - few questions
Nikolai
Member # 50184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nikolai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!
I posted here last year looking for info and you were all so helpful.

Long story short. Last spring my son was bit by a tick in upstate NY that tested positive for babesia microti and anaplasmosis. It was on for longer then 24 hours and the site reacted to the bite, red etc. He was tested for the diseases and they turned up negative but I insisted he be treated regardless. So he went through a round of antibiotics.

His neck lymph node has been swollen since last year although it has gone down significantly.

Recently he's acted and stated he is tired or "lost his power". He has also complained of his knees hurting. I'm extremely diligent about tick checking but its not out of the realm of possibility he was bit and I don't know. I did take one off of him but it was dog tick that tested negative. Phew.

I started to incorporate a few drops of grapefruit seed extract into his daily routine.

Is there another test you recommend we do. Perhaps is there something not through his pediatrician?

Also is there anything else you would suggest incorporating into his routine? My friend with chronic lyme said to cut out dairy, gluten and sugar.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank You

Posts: 11 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try olive leaf extract or some other herbs. Do you think he was tested too early the first time and it was missed?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can try a lyme test, but if it comes negative, you won't be sure it is really negative.

The best would be to treat (in my opinion). If he's tired ( a 3 year old should be full of energy, right?), it means there is a problem...

If the tick had babesia, and it stayed 24 hours, it could also have transmitted that (because these blood tests are not very reliable).

Just in case, i would treat him with stuff like Buhner's herbs, Jernigan, anything that deals with the main probable pathogens (Borrelia, babesia, bart). It's easier to treat when there are barely any symptoms than when the kid gets to be really ill.

Knee pain for me is the red alarm (because my daughter had lyme arhtritis since age 2). Her main symptoms were always: knee pain, gut complaints, fussy, bad mood, something was not right.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nikolai
Member # 50184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nikolai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!

I appreciate the helpful response.

Do you guys know of the most effective tests out there? I received a pm about one, $500. Then I’ve heard of Igenex too

Posts: 11 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take turmeric capsules every day and it takes down joint, knee and muscle pain for me. It's very simple to take turmeric in some way. It will stain, though, so I take it in capsules.

Re being tired, that could be a lack of magnesium. Also I found that taking flower pollen gave me back my energy when I didn't know what was going on with me!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proverbs356
Member # 51271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proverbs356     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he was only on amoxicillin, that wouldn't have covered the co-infection of Babesia. Does he seem to have any night sweats or air hunger type symptoms?

You should definitely get him tested for co-infections. And in the meantime treat with herbs and try to get an appt with an LLMD who can treat the co-infections that often come with the lyme.

Posts: 3 | From California | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nikolai
Member # 50184

He doesn’t have night sweats or air hunger
Do you have any suggestions for testing? The llmds are a wait then it’s another 3 weeks for test results once we go
Also do you have any herb suggestions?
Thank you so much

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also had Babesia and also didn't have air hunger or night sweats.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Healing Lyme and coinfections from Buhner
Buhner coinfection book

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement